NFL Off Season Transaction Thread

Cujo

T.O. to DC,I bet.

Yeah, not so much. :D Why would the Redskins want T.O., and why would T.O. want the Redskins? That's if by "DC" you mean Redskins.

If by "DC" you mean Cowboys, then probably.

And I would not be surprised at all if Keyshawn goes to the Broncos. That's a pretty intriguing scenario.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T.O. to DC,I bet.

Yeah, not so much. :D Why would the Redskins want T.O., and why would T.O. want the Redskins? That's if by "DC" you mean Redskins.

And I would not be surprised at all if Keyshawn goes to the Broncos. That's a pretty intriguing scenario.

I'm surprised Dallas wants Terrell Owens. After his TD celebrations on the star at centre field. He sure would help out the team a lot considering they have nothing at WR right now, but the fans sure won't be happy.

***EDIT: Just in from ESPN: Jets signed Kimo von Oelhoffen to a 3 year/$9 Million deal

Vikings Deal Culpepper to Fins

WOW!

Out of no where, Culpepper ends up in Miami! Something must have gone wrong between the Brees and Fins deal.

This probably means Brees will end up in New Orleans.

Is this a 2006 or 2007 2nd rounder? (I heard both)

If its a 2007 and Culpepper comes back to anywhere close to his old level, the Vikings just got pantsed.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Redskins keep on spendin...Archuleta and Carter are the newest members. How can they afford all of these guys? Carter and Archuleta

Darren Howard is an Eagle. Eagles sign former Saints defensive end

---------------------

UNOFFICIAL DEAL - apparently close to final

Brees to Miami 6 years/55 million - will be interesting if it happens, much expected, but with Culpepper still available, who knows?

They overpaid for Archuleta, bad.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

T.O. to DC,I bet.

I'm surprised Dallas wants Terrell Owens. After his TD celebrations on the star at centre field. He sure would help out the team a lot considering they have nothing at WR right now, but the fans sure won't be happy.

***EDIT: Just in from ESPN: Jets signed Kimo von Oelhoffen to a 3 year/$9 Million deal

At this point in time the only two teams showing interest in Owens are the Cowboys and the Broncos. Dallas, by releasing Johnson freed up space and kept from having to fork over a roster bonus. Now, if Denver gets Owens, I see Dallas resigning Johnson, but if they don't, then Denver could end up with Johnson.

Personally being a lifetime Broncos fan, I'd rather have Owens here than Johnson and regardless of their talent, because of Shanahan, Rod Smith will be listed as the #1 reciever because of his leadership.

Denver is after both Owens and Abraham and that's it. They've not gone after any other free agents that were not on the team last year and they have pleanty of cap space to work with. So look for something to happen in Denver in the next few days, weither it be with Owens, Abraham or Johnson.

T.O. to DC,I bet.

At this point in time the only two teams showing interest in Owens are the Cowboys and the Broncos. Dallas, by releasing Johnson freed up space and kept from having to fork over a roster bonus. Now, if Denver gets Owens, I see Dallas resigning Johnson, but if they don't, then Denver could end up with Johnson.

Personally being a lifetime Broncos fan, I'd rather have Owens here than Johnson and regardless of their talent, because of Shanahan, Rod Smith will be listed as the #1 reciever because of his leadership.

Denver is after both Owens and Abraham and that's it. They've not gone after any other free agents that were not on the team last year and they have pleanty of cap space to work with. So look for something to happen in Denver in the next few days, weither it be with Owens, Abraham or Johnson.

Just wait for the Sportscenter lead: Owens and Parcells get into it.

I am a Cowboy fan and loath that punk Owens- but I'd half like for him to sign with Dallas just to see Tuna level him.

Is Owens stupid enough to give tude and mouth to Parcells?

I think he is.

all I know is, Leinart is not gonna be a Saint. Brees went for the cash, but given the state of the Saints franchise ownership and facilities, if I were Leinart, I'd rather give the Big Apple a shot.

I think Eli Manning has hacked brinkeguthrie's account.

They overpaid for Archuleta, bad.

The Redskins? Overpaying for players? Never thought I'd see the day! :upside:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Falcons pursuing deal to land Jets' Abraham

The Atlanta Falcons are working hard to assemble the appropriate pieces of a trade package intended to lure prized defensive end John Abraham from the New York Jets. It is believed the Jets are seeking QB Matt Schaub and the Falcons' second-round draft pick for Abraham.

Memo to the Jets: Trade Abraham to the Falcons for their first round pick, forget Matt Schaub and trade the #4 overall pick along with the the Falcons' first rounder to the Saints and GET MATT LEINART!!

6uXNWAo.png

Packers win battle for DT Pickett

Seahawks, DT Bernard agree on 3-year deal

and...

Titans agree to terms with former Steelers safety

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

The Titans agreed to terms today with Steelers safety Chris Hope, who will become the team?s fourth free agency signing this week.

The Titans have called a 4 p.m. press conference today.

Hope visited the Titans on Monday and the Dolphins on Tuesday. He was scheduled to visit San Francisco later in the week, but decided against it.

Hope finished with 97 tackles last season and also had three interceptions for the Super Bowl champs. He was a third-round draft pick by the Steelers in 2002.

Earlier this week the Titans signed former Colts linebacker David Thornton, former Patriots wide receiver David Givens and former Jets center Kevin Mawae.

all I know is, Leinart is not gonna be a Saint.  Brees went for the cash, but given the state of the Saints franchise ownership and facilities, if I were Leinart, I'd rather give the Big Apple a shot.

I think Eli Manning has hacked brinkeguthrie's account.

I'm pretty sure he meant the Jets in saying the Big Apple....

I'm a Cowboys fan as well and although Key was clutch a lot of last year there is no way he and Owens could survive in the locker room together...with all of T.O.'s skill and work ethic, it might just be worth the risk for the Cowboys...because if anyone can tame him big Tuna can....but anyway as far as Cowboys fans go I'm born and bred in a long line of Cowboys fans :D but anyway, anything that can help this team progress toward a sixth ring is fine by me...

CIDesignSig.png

ESPN is reporting free agent linebacker Willie McGinest has signed with the Browns.

Sonuvabtch...Wille Mac - the second longest tenured player on the Pats - #4 overall in 1994. Man...I still remember him, Chris Slade, and the captain Vincent Brown wreaking havoc the second half of Willie's rookie year.

The Pats dynasty is officially over. I was really hoping the Pats wanted him back at a discounted rate, but appears they content on moving on. Wish the best to Willie in Cleveland.

NFL Network saying that Aaron Brooks has been cut, another given. Only question is: who will take him? My geuss is Minnesota.

I don't think the Vikes will go for Brooks. He'll probably come with a high pricetag and too many question marks.

My guess is that they'll run with Brad Johnson for next year, pick-up Craig Nall from the Packers as the number two, and use one of their lower draft picks to grab one of the second-tier of college quarterbacks this year as the future starter-in-training.

There's always the possibility of them packaging all of their draft picks to move up a few spots to pick a more high-profile QB in the draft. But i don't think they'll do that.

Archived