PGA Tour Logo

rmackman

I noticed we don't have a PGA Tour logo in our logos database. Granted it's not a league with teams, golf is still very popular so I figured I'd post the PGA Tour logo in case someone wanted to update the database with it somewhere in an "others" section or something.

PGA_TourLogo.gif

Little known fact: The silhouette in the PGA logo is an amalgam of Harmon Killebrew and Jerry West.

Clearly that can't be. The silhouette is of a lefty :D

The only problem is that it clearly is of a righty. <_<

Definitely a righty's followthrough. Must be Jack.

Or Tom Watson?

I might be missing sarcasm here, so forgive me.

It's a freaking silhouette! You've assumed that it is a "frontal" shot, which you can't tell.

Little known fact: The silhouette in the PGA logo is an amalgam of Harmon Killebrew and Jerry West.

Actually its their love child, Rainbow. :D

You mean that it's not The Great One?! :cry:

Here's some other logos to figure out:

lpga_logo.gif

usga_logo.jpg

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure this IS a righty's follow through. My reasoning?

The rounded part of the head is most likely the back of the head and the pointed part oppisite it is likely where the hair meets the forhead. If you follow that down you can see his siteline is probably at some sort of angle out to the right.

Well, I'm not a great golfer, but I believe if your looking anywhere but down at your ball on your backswing, your setting yourself up for an awful shot.

As such, I think you can rule it out being a lefty's backswing.

I kinda wish it wasn't determinable though.

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure this IS a righty's follow through. My reasoning?

The rounded part of the head is most likely the back of the head and the pointed part oppisite it is likely where the hair meets the forhead. If you follow that down you can see his siteline is probably at some sort of angle out to the right.

Well, I'm not a great golfer, but I believe if your looking anywhere but down at your ball on your backswing, your setting yourself up for an awful shot.

I think it's right-handed follow through just based on where the club head and feet are positioned.

I'll take a guess in that it's Nancy Lopez as the LPGA silhouette

wait i think that i see an eagle and a USGA in the USGA logo.........any one else see this or am i just crazy........oh and the eagle is looking to the left.........so doing deductive reasoning i think that he would follow through on his left as well

The silhouette in the LPGA logo is clearly Aretha Franklin, while the eagle in the USGA logo, although I can't be sure, seems to be Whitman "Grady" Mayo.

I think it's right-handed follow through just based on where the club head and feet are positioned.

I'll take a guess in that it's Nancy Lopez as the LPGA silhouette

If the left handed golfer below had his picture taken from the opposite side of the tee box, he'd bear a pretty striking resemblance to the logo:

golfer.jpg

I agree that it's likely a righty, since there are so many more righties than lefties. All I'm saying is that you can't tell based on a silhouette.

Archived