Sign in to follow this  
Richterscale

Atlanta thrashers 3rd

i think its weird how there's no mention of the 3rd jersey release on their official website www.atlantathrashers.com have a look

i think its weird how there's no mention of the 3rd jersey release on their official website www.atlantathrashers.com have a look

bring on the lime and charturse(no i dont know the colors of the thing, but it'd be funny as hell if these were those colors, eh? :P)

java script:pop_pic("/zoom?partno=NHL-AUTHTHIRD-016","zoom","width=530,height=575,status")

this will eventually show the jersey when it is unveiled. Note: go to shop.nhl.com before you put this link into your browser or it wont work.

The latest rumor that I read on the official Atlanta Thrashers message board from people from Atlanta is that they plan to unveil them on November 27th. (American Thanksgiving)  Ergo, I wouldn't expect the official website to mention anything until mid-November at the earliest.

Remember last year how neither new third jersey came out till (American) Thanksgiving.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Eerily similar to what was once believed to be the Stars (or was it Wild, or um Blue Jackets...) third is this preview shot...

NHL-AUTHTHIRD-016.jpg

:P

Seriously, this will be it though.

I have really high expectation for this jersey from Atlanta,  I would like to see the thrasher head itseld used as the chest logo with the upwards bird n the shoulders.

The Thrasher head is far too directional for a hockey jersey IMHO. Would be great for a football helmet, but not on a hockey jersey (it's also a little flat, they'd likely have to angle it up a la Ducks current third so it takes up a legitimate amount of space).

Young team + third jersey + city with little hockey tradition =

I can see them screwing this up bad. Hard to be optimistic about this one. I love their dark jersey (the T logo is genius), but I dunno about this third...

The Thrasher head is far too directional for a hockey jersey IMHO. Would be great for a football helmet

you mean like this?

:D

Exactly what I was thinking of :;):

Definitely after seeing that, it's a football logo for sure!!!!!!   :D   BTW, whats up with Atlanta and naming all there teams after freaking birds!!!!!!

~UJ

Good point, dunno, maybe they're all bird brains  :D

the braves avoided it at least

That cross over looks cool. Maybe Arizona can take a hint and move in that direction if they go through with their name change.

The Thrasher head is far too directional for a hockey jersey IMHO. Would be great for a football helmet

you mean like this?

:D

that is freaking amazing!awesome job!

and that logo looks awesome football wise.

Maybe the new jersey will have half a ferarri on it...

holy hell dude...what a P.O.S. first post....that was by far the most cruel non-funny thing ive heard in a while...