WCC Championship Game

LMU

I'm proud to announce that after defeating St. Mary's, my LMU Lions will face the Gonzaga Bulldogs tomorrow night for the West Coast Conference championship! The game will be at 6:00 pacific on ESPN! Tune in! I'll be the LMU trumpet player in the olive green knit hat.

VmWIn6B.png

Don't think they have been back since Gaithers' death. Then again, with That Overrated School from Spokane has owned the league the way that they have, it's hard to get an at-large bid unless you do beat them.

Good luck, LMU. Please, beat That Overrated School from Spokane. It'll make U-Dub look much better ^_^

I'm proud to announce that after defeating St. Mary's, my LMU Lions will face the Gonzaga Bulldogs tomorrow night for the West Coast Conference championship! The game will be at 6:00 pacific on ESPN! Tune in! I'll be the LMU trumpet player in the olive green knit hat.

It should be you guys and USD. :cry:

I tell you what, I wonder what seed LMU might get if they can beat Gonzaga. I've heard everything from a 13 or 14 to my idea of a play-in spot. (I don't think that I can remember the last time the NCAA kept a team with a below .500 record above the lowest level.)

That said... (inside joke approaching)

Great God in heaven, you know I'm rooting for the Lions.

LvZYtbZ.png

Gonzaga's probably the most overrated team in college basketball. Every time I've watched them (4 times I think) this year it's come down to the buzzer. There always lucky and they usually don't deserve the win.

And somebody shut Adam Morrison up. He sucked tonite and he's so ugly.

Gonzaga's done in the first round this year I think.

They don't deserve a 2 seed, but they'll probably get it. But a 15 seed is gonna be better than San Diego and LMU, and they won't be at home this time.

LMU should have had it. That last shot from underneath the basket, dude should have just thrown it down. Instead he threw up a shot that was so far off, the announcers thought it got blocked.

6uXNWAo.png

So close to a huge upset that would have really hurt a bubble team big time, meanwhile Gonzaga can kiss 1 and 2 good bye eevn with the win they may be a 3 now had they lost the NCAA woudl have made them a 6.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Gonzaga's probably the most overrated team in college basketball. Every time I've watched them (4 times I think) this year it's come down to the buzzer. There always lucky and they usually don't deserve the win.

And somebody shut Adam Morrison up. He sucked tonite and he's so ugly.

Gonzaga's done in the first round this year I think.

They don't deserve a 2 seed, but they'll probably get it. But a 15 seed is gonna be better than San Diego and LMU, and they won't be at home this time.

In the end, it's all about winning, right? It may not be pretty, but Gonzaga wins. They always play a ton of close games. Would you want to play this team, knowing it's going to be close?

Darn it, now Señor Frito Bandito and company is going to end up with a 2 seed, though we know they don't deserve it.

Gonzaga should not have had to beat USD in OT (this is a USD team playing 3 games in 3 nights), and then eke out a 1 point win against LMU, on their home court. Quite overrated if you ask me.

LvZYtbZ.png

Anybody remember that Maui tournament?

Gonzaga steps up against big teams. They place close games, but the outcome usually favors them. Plus that Maui tournament brought a tourney vibe, and they lost in the finals to the best team in the nation after beating MSU in a 3ot thriller. Gonzaga won't be out first round, but I don't think theyll win it all either.

Gonzaga steps up against big teams.

Close, but not quite. What Gonzaga actually does is play down to their opponent. Almost the same thing but this team certainly doesn't scream sweet 16 to me.

Watching them the past couple weeks I think they have gotten worse than the beginning of the year. They were playing fairly strong against teams like Mich. St. and UConn.. now they can barely escape a team that doenst even have a .500 record... Hopefully they turn it up for tourny time, or else I see them being one of the first top seeds (1,2,3 seeds) knocked out.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Yeah, that was a tough one, but our boys have nothing to be ashamed of. They played their hearts out, and proved that they can hang with the #5 team in the nation, on their home court, where they have the longest home winning streak in the nation. I'd love to say that we should get a NIT bid, but that's wishful thinking. At least next year the Tention system will be fully implemented, Knight, Worthy, and Ziri are returning, and Damian Martin will be back from redshirt. So, look out, because LMU's finally back.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived