Why are Southern Illinois' basketball uniform #s

I could have sworn that Saint Louis suffered from the same affliction, but I couldn't find any supporting photos. I thought it was in the same font as well, but the Billikens use Crillee, not NCAA Gothic like Southenr Illinois.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The real question is why do they have totally different fonts for home and away?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I remember announcers talking about this during their run to the Sweet Sixteen a few years ago...they are that way so the numbers are easy to identify on television and for the announcers calling the game. It's also sort of a distinctive mark for them. Power to the Salukis.

ducks-large.jpg

I don't get the two different number fonts at all. They used to sport the home font on both sets, and that's the number font I prefer. Having two different fonts is just silliness (see Tampa Bay Storm, Colorado Crush.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bowling Green got new Nike Home jerseys with their new word mark on them for this season, but used the old Okie State style orange jerseys on the road.

Different number fonts and different wordmarks on the jersey fronts.

338188.jpeg459347.jpeg

382605.jpeg367769.jpeg

fade.gif

I don't get the two different number fonts at all. They used to sport the home font on both sets, and that's the number font I prefer. Having two different fonts is just silliness (see Tampa Bay Storm, Colorado Crush.)

They don't anymore. Those roads are from last year. This year they use the same numbers on both. They are ridiculously huge. Also, don't know if you can tell on the pics posted, but the names are actually screen printed up so high, they're partly on the collar, and a hellava lot smaller compared (as far as the usual numeral/name differential) to the numbers . I also work in screen printing, and I can tell ya, we'd never pass a shirt with it like that.

Earlier this year, Mercer came to Stillwater to play Oklahoma State and I noticed that while most of Mercer's uniforms had numbers like Southern Illinois' home whites, there were a couple of players that had block numbers. I don't have a picture of the block number uniforms, but here's the best example I have of what most of the Mercer players were wearing:

byler.jpg

Archived