classic?

random

i know i'm gonna be crucified for this, but is a "classic" logo nessecarily a good one? i mean when i think of boring logos the Bruins and Maple Leafs are the first that come to mind. (i dont mean the style thats on thier alts, that on is cool) (by the way, why are they maple LEAFS, shouldnt it be maple LEAVES?). i mean all these people are saying classic this and classic that, but please, i mean (yawn) the're boring. plus, what on earth is so special about the Blackhawks logo, its jsut an indian head! the're shoulder patch logos are 10 times better. someone please explain this "classic" obsession.

Azzuri.gif

• 2 years later...
i know i'm gonna be crucified for this, but is a "classic" logo nessecarily a good one? i mean when i think of boring logos the Bruins and Maple Leafs are the first that come to mind. (i dont mean the style thats on thier alts, that on is cool) (by the way, why are they maple LEAFS, shouldnt it be maple LEAVES?). i mean all these people are saying classic this and classic that, but please, i mean (yawn) the're boring. plus, what on earth is so special about the Blackhawks logo, its jsut an indian head! the're shoulder patch logos are 10 times better. someone please explain this "classic" obsession.

To each his own. You are entitled to your opinion. This is a mostly subjective forum. In cases of what we like or don't like there are no right or wrong preferences. It's simply a matter of taste.

In my opinion the logos you mentioned are true classics.

Regarding the Maple "Leafs" here's what webster's has to say.

Main Entry: 1 leaf

Pronunciation: 'lEf

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural leaves /'lEvz/; also leafs

Apparently Leafs is also correct.

BB52Big.jpg

I also think "Leafs" is more charming.

Not all old logos are classic. But many are. I'd say that an old logo has a higher potential for being classic, simply because design standards seem to have fallen so far.

EDIT: wow. Just noticed the whole three year thing. Never mind....

No, classic doesn't always mean best. One can think of many examples of this.

But classic does mean people identify it, which is why classics should be tampered with only on rare occasions.

Some teams have found that going back to a classic look creates better identification. Examples include the Atlanta Braves, the New York Giants and New York Islanders. Another example SHOULD be the San Diego Chargers, but the Chargers owners just don't get it.

The Blackhawks logo (and, in my opinion, all of the Original Six) stun with their simplicity and economy. No cartoony stuff, just good line and colors.

Classic means "Of lasting value."

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived