Favorite batting stance...

TurnTwo

Craig Counsell. Ugh.

That stance drives me absolutley NUTS!

I can't even watch a game with him in it without getting all worked up. Add in the giant batting helmet that makes him look like the Great Gazoo and the Opie Taylor face and it's more than I can stand.

A typical Counsell at bat goes something like this;

STOP STRECHING LIKE THAT! Pull that bat down! Quit it! Quit it! Quit it!

How does he even get to the majors doing that? Didn't any coaches try to get him to stop it?!

And what's with the giant helmet? Arrrggghhh!

3.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks like Luke Skywalker from the original star wars: a new hope video box.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like mocking Gary Sheffield's and Barry Bonds' (with the rapidly moving bat before the swing)

I like doing the Sosa leap and his kiss thingy.

a_sosa_i.jpg

I also like mocking Barry Bonds doing this

bonds412.jpg

PS look at him here wow!!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

For about 2 years I was happy with a Jeff Bagwell stance (from the left side)

then I experimented

Mark McGuire (for 2 ABs, 1 single)

Luiz Gonzalez (for a year on freshmen baseball)

fusion of ideas never really liking anything

did have fun with a high leg step during my last days of baseball

I would 80% of the tme on a 3-0 count drop into a Jim Leyritz stance and twirl the bat arond with my back leg bent a little. I'd try to spin the bat around after the pitch just like him but I could never really do it.

leyritzg4astros.JPG

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Every Twins fan of my generation tried to copy Harmon Killebrew's stance. It was a pretty regular stance, but the way he would tap his shoes and the occasional pendelum swing of the bat was copied by kids throughout the Upper Midwest in the 1960s.

My actualy batting stance is actually pretty awkward, come to think of it. I stand basically like Jim Edmonds, since he's my hero. However, I keep the bat down, swinging the bat back and forth like a pendulum. Then, before the windup starts, I bring the bat up, and tilt he bat like Sheffield once or twice. When I step, I only lift my heel(I used to step out when I was younger, so to knock the habit, I try to step as little as possible).

Then again, this stance isn't really working for me. My last season, I had a .000 Avg. until our last game(I did go 7 for 8 in a tournament though). I rarely struck out, I just couldn't find open spots, and I'm a very anxious batter. I've always been known for my fielding anyways.

Craig Counsell:

ccounsell.jpg

Has he every said why he uses this. It seems very uncomfortable and hard to see or even hit the ball.

Personally, I use something similar to Miguel Tejada. My old coach told me to rock back and forth, and this was before Tejada came to the O's. Last year it evovled more into what Tejada used as I watch him play a couple of years.

I've tried Bagwells, also Julio Franco is a fun one to try. And I would have said this regardless of Pucketts passing, but his leg kick... I always tried.

Franco:

juliofranco91cos-1.jpg

Ha, that was actually allmost exactly like my stance in little league. I remember all the kids saying that I looked retarded. But it worked.

Jose Oquendo and Willie McGee.

Jose had that Rod Carew thing going, except exaggerated. Wide open and like he was constantly trying to duck.

And Willie. Looked so incredibly clumsy and uncoordinated when he swung, almost as if he was going to trip over his own bat. Images of him swinging at balls in the dirt and getting his legs tangled with each other as he did and nearly falling over.

Then, inevitably in his next at bat he'd hit a triple and drive in two runs.

Archived