Boom Boom dies

Brass

I'm sure there will be a moment of silence among all the teams around 7 in honor of him, or better yet, all the teams with the same face-off time being fed footage of the banner raising. Now that would be amazing...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why did the Habs wait so long to retiure his number?

I think they've got some sort of grand plan around retiring numbers and their 100th anniversary

I dont get that do it when you can and someone can enjoy it not when they are gone and its just a memorial.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why did the Habs wait so long to retiure his number?

Well the reason that Montreal picked tonights game was because New York was the other team that he played for.

Why they waited untill this year I'm not sure.

I could swear that hte habs have had geoffrion at least two other number retirements/cermonies this year. Why they didn't do it then, i'm not sure.

And I'm from st. catharines too. awesome

My belief has been that the Canadiens hold to an extremely high standard when it comes to retiring numbers. Just by looking at those numbers that had up before this season, the players were extrordinary players. Geoffrion was a great player, but I think he was overshadowed by the other great players during his playing days, M. Richard, H. Richard, Jean Beliveau, Jacques Plante, players that stood out more than he did.

I saw, I came, I left.

Some of the obits I read today say "Boom Boom" was not on good terms with Canadiens management when he left the organIzation, so that may be why it took them this long to retire his number.

My belief has been that the Canadiens hold to an extremely high standard when it comes to retiring numbers. Just by looking at those numbers that had up before this season, the players were extrordinary players. Geoffrion was a great player, but I think he was overshadowed by the other great players during his playing days, M. Richard, H. Richard, Jean Beliveau, Jacques Plante, players that stood out more than he did.

Absolutely true...

They also wanted to honor a small number of players starting this year and all the way through the 2009-2010 season, for their 100 years.

As for the date, Boum Boum picked it out himself. The organization let him choose the date.

It's a shame that he died the same day he had his number retired. RIP Boum Boum.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived