worst NBA logo?

ivan26278

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for me the worst NBA logos are the Lakers, Clippers and Sonics logo. Ithink using a ball as background for a logo is old fashioned and the Sonics logo looks more for a brand than an NBA team

The Laker and Clipper logos are certainly not very creative, but I don't think that makes them bad logos.

My vote is for the Raptors. It is a freakin' cartoon dinosaur, complete with uniform, playing basketball. It seems very "minor leagues" to me.

839.gif

Yeah, I'm surprised that's lasted as long as it has. They better get a full revamp soon and not this recolor garbage.

Oh and on that note, the worst is the Utah Jazz. Sucked the life right outta that one, used to be top 5 or 10, I'd say.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I didn't put Bobcats logo beacause I think it can't be considered an NBA logo,about the Jazz logo for me was worse the previous version of the logo,the Raptors looks like a final attempt to make a logo

about the Jazz logo for me was worse the previous version of the logo

Well, here we go again

Justify your position. How is dropping the Utah-oriented color scheme in favor of non-descript overused two-tone blue an improvement?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As someone who grew up in the DC area (and actually interned for the team), it pains me to say this, but I really dislike the Wizards' logo (and unis).

th_Washington_Wizards.gif

wizards.jpg

I miss the Bullets! (Well, technically I might be too young to miss the Bullets, but I like their stuff much better)

I also don't like:

neworleanshornet_215.gif

(maybe I just don't like the colors?)

suns_2.gif

Not feeling the "PHX" abbreviation as a primary logo. Also dislike anything purple ;)

minn%20wolves.gif

Mostly, I just hate the little tree trim that they have on their arm, waist and leg bands.

I gotta say I kind of like the Wizards logo. The wizard's beard making his black shirt look like a W is kind of cool. The half-moon basketball isn't great, but it's better than another Clippers-Lakers deal. The Bobcats is OK for me, too. I tend to agree with the Jazz and Raptors comments, but after seeing that PHX listed, I'll vote for that one. Airport codes as a wordmark is a nice forward-thinking move, but it doesn't work for me. (But that's not their primary now, is it?)

I tend to agree with the Jazz and Raptors comments, but after seeing that PHX listed, I'll vote for that one. Airport codes as a wordmark is a nice forward-thinking move, but it doesn't work for me. (But that's not their primary now, is it?)

nashalt.jpg

In this sense I mean primary to be the main logo on the jersey like on this alternate, as opposed to on the shorts or something, like below.

suns.jpg

I still think the Wizards logo looks like a swastika. That's why I rate it worst.

Otherwise, there are a bunch of blah logos like the Lakers and Clippers.

And then there's the logo which meaning is really stupid -- the Trail Blazers, because it's just an abstract basketball with five lines on each side, representing the five vs. five in a basketball lineup.

i didn't even notice the wizards logo even looked like a swastika until i another look at it a minute ago and i can see where i sorta looks like that. ive never been a fan of that logo, nor the team name wizards(not a big fan for anything named for mystism, there again its not my scene). wizards seem a bit childish and not professional. I liked the bullets better, logo was weak but it was probably one of the coolest names in the nba.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I tend to agree with the Jazz and Raptors comments, but after seeing that PHX listed, I'll vote for that one. Airport codes as a wordmark is a nice forward-thinking move, but it doesn't work for me. (But that's not their primary now, is it?)

nashalt.jpg

In this sense I mean primary to be the main logo on the jersey like on this alternate, as opposed to on the shorts or something, like below.

suns.jpg

I still dont understand what you are saying. How can a logo that is on a alt. jersy be the primary? On the primary jerseys there is no sign of the Phoenix bird logo anywhere. Also, on the home Jerseys its reads "Suns" and on the roads it reads "Phoenix"...The offical primary logo for the Suns is still this...

Sunslogo.gif

And to anyone who says the Phoenix bird logo is the worst, I would honestly suggest you go get your head check out, but I guess we all have our tastes. And plus, I am sure me being a big Suns fan doesn't affect anything ^_^ ...

Anyways my vote has to go to the Bobcats. As someone stated above it looks like a custom logo that you would find in a 'Create A Team' option on any video game. I would of picked the Pistons, Clippers, Lakers, and the Knicks ahead of the Bobcats, but I honestly dont consider a simple basketball with a font over it a logo.

PopHeading-1.gif

nashalt.jpg

suns.jpg

I still dont understand what you are saying. How can a logo that is on a alt. jersy be the primary? On the primary jerseys there is no sign of the Phoenix bird logo anywhere. Also, on the home Jerseys its reads "Suns" and on the roads it reads "Phoenix"...The offical primary logo for the Suns is still this...

Sunslogo.gif

And to anyone who says the Phoenix bird logo is the worst, I would honestly suggest you go get your head check out, but I guess we all have our tastes. And plus, I am sure me being a big Suns fan doesn't affect anything ^_^ ...

Anyways my vote has to go to the Bobcats. As someone stated above it looks like a custom logo that you would find in a 'Create A Team' option on any video game. I would of picked the Pistons, Clippers, Lakers, and the Knicks ahead of the Bobcats, but I honestly dont consider a simple basketball with a font over it a logo.

Read my post again - I wasn't calling the alternate jersey the primary logo, I was referring to the fact that the "PHX" was the primary logo on THAT uniform, aka the main one on the chest.

Archived