worst NBA logo?

ivan26278

As someone who grew up in the DC area (and actually interned for the team), it pains me to say this, but I really dislike the Wizards' logo (and unis).

th_Washington_Wizards.gif

wizards.jpg

My problem with the Wizard logo is his arms and legs, they're made of squares and triangles. It has no depth. The "W" being formed, to me, is nothing special because the rest of the logo looks half-assed.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Clippers

2. Bobcats

3. Wizards

4. Jazz

5. 76ers

The 76ers start off the "worst of" list because this present logo represents everything wrong with sports logos today. They scrapped a classic logo (the "76" and stars came from a colonial American flag - perfect for a Philadelphia team named for the year of the Revolution's start) that was the symbol of 2 world championship teams, worn by Wilt, Dr. J, Moses and Barkley. In its place is an overstylized wordmark with stars trailing this way, basketballs going that way, gold AND silver... and needless black. Boo!

The Jazz make the podium IMO because their old logo was much better. The "J" served 3 purposes - it was a "J", it was a music note, and it was a basketball. The one they have now, while nice and very Utah-ish, is not as good as the J-note, and is just the previous logo (Stockton Era), recolored.

The Wizards' logo is overwrought. It's a man, it's a "W", it's just trying to do too much. And not succeeding at much of it.

The Bobcats' logo is putrid. But at least it's original, which is more than I can say about...

The Clippers. They left San Diego to be the other team in LA, irrespective of the fact that one of the 2 all-time elite NBA teams already played there. In doing so, they ditched some decent ship-related logos to use a nearly-identical copy of the Lakers' logo in Clipper colors. Granted, the Lakers' logo is stodgy, but it's associated with 3 of the most legendary dynasties in NBA history (Wilt/West, Magic/Kareem, Shaq/Kobe) and has a lot of wins behind it. The Clippers logo is the same boring logo without the tradition or the cache.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As much as it looks like the Lakers logo, I like the Clippers. Wizards logo does look like a swastika, now that I look again. I can understand how that might lead some to, ah, think less of it. I really dislike the Raptors logo. Tell me again, when was the last time Jurassic Park was hip?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Yes, the Bobcats did a poor job on the logo and colors.  I kind of wish the team went with another of the names they choosed from.  I liked the Flight name, that could have been a great logo.

This was what the Charlotte Flight logo would have looked like:

i_chaflight_hi.jpg

I vote for Toronto, with the Wizards a close second. The Toronto's big purple dinosaur is just plain ugly.

I liked the Flight name, that could have been a great logo.

This was what the Charlotte Flight logo would have looked like:

i_chaflight_hi.jpg

The Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks called from beyond the grave...they wanted their lame logo back.

Skyhawks Logo

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

here's my top 10 of the worst NBA teams logos

1)Bobcats

2)Lakers

3)Clippers

4)Sonics

5)Suns

6)Pistons

7)Raptors

8)Wizards

9)Grizzlies

10)Suns and Jazz

Suns is listed twice? Also, which logo are you talking about for the Suns, cause either way you are out of your mind ^_^

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived