What do you collect?

RobRoberts

I love collecting NHL jeseys.  Some rare, some game worns, some that I just like, and some I just couldn't pass up.

Sometime I'll put a list of my collection up here on the board, but for now, I just wanted to know what everyone else was into collecting/buying.

Second question:  Is there a jersey that you have that you would never, ever part with?  Mine is my Joe Sakic Assistant Captain Nordiques jersey, signed by Joe and Peter Forsberg after game 3 of the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals. -> No proofs, no hologram stickers, no COA, no way I'd ever let it go.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Rob

I, too, collected hockey cards for years, and i still have them, but now they are so expensive, I need that money for more important things. However, I have considered collecting minor league cards (I live in Virginia Beach so the Norfolk Admirals, previously the Hampton Roads Admirals of the ECHL, are the big team here.) But you cant get those cheap online anywhere i have seen.

~UJ

For me, it's game-used (or, at least, team-issued) baseball jerseys. Mostly MLB, but with some good minor league pieces as well. Every time a new item arrives, my wife threatens to bury me with them after she has me killed...

The one I'd be least likely to part with is a SF Giants home black jersey worn by Eric Davis the night Barry Bonds broke the single season HR record.

What you'll never see in my collection is ANYTHING Yankee$!

Go Marlins!

I've only recently started collecting the Victory brand of hockey cards. 15 packs, and not ONE double. I love this.

I'm also considering getting a few NHL jerseys. I got my eyes on either Senators, Leafs (being in Toronto), or Nordiques.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

hockey jerseys, baseball jerseys, and detroit tigers paraphenalia....3 items i would never part with, trevor linden game used canucks home jersey, dave andreychuk game used maple leafs away jersey, and pitcher's mound and batter's box dirt from the dearly departed tiger stadium (which still stands, but isn't in use, ridiculous).

hockey cards, football cards, basketball cards, baseball cards, gumball football and baseball helmets...some of those old starting lineup figures, an autographed photo of leroy butler and another one of someguy who used to play for the milwaukee mustangs (don't know who it was), old game programs, old board games (pursue the pennant and the like)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I collect sports cards, but my collection is all potential. Nothing spectacular now. My best three cards would have to be...

1993 topps Drew Bledsoe

1992 upper deck Manny Ramirez

2001 Invincible Shaun Alexander

I'd like a Urlacher RC.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

something i should NEVER have parted with...Emmitt Smith rookie...in elementary school, i bragged about having it and i raced a guy for it, forgetting one important detail-i'm the slowest guy i know :angry: idiot! *bonks self in head*

that reason, i'm never gonna part with either the Favre or Flutie cards i got...got a 91 Rocket Ismail, 91 Pinball Clemons, 90 Junior Seau...T-Mac rookie, AZ Cards 93 rookies w/Garrison Hearst, StL Cards rookies 91 or 92 w/Brian Jordan, Nomah with the white hat (or what bosox fans call the painter outfit)...can't part with those either.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I collect game worn hockey jerseys, as well as other game used items, such as bats, sticks and my lone ArenaBall helmet.

I've got around 20 gamers, but there are two that are tied for that coveted "untouchable" title.  I suppose if I had to choose one, man... it's tough!  I guess it would be my 1992/93 Washington Capitals Steve Konowalchuk gamer.  It has the NHL 75th Anniversary patch, but it was worn during the 1992/93 preseason.  It's also Kono's first #22 jersey, as he wore #40 in his only game with the Caps during the 1991/92 season.

Pic of front of jersey

Pic of back of jersey

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived