No. 1 Duke vs. No. 16 Southern

No. 8 George Washington vs. No. 9 UNC-Wilmington

No. 5 Syracuse vs. No. 12 Texas A&M

No. 4 LSU vs. No. 13 Iona

No. 3 Iowa vs. No. 14 Northwestern State

No. 6 West Virginia vs. No. 11 Southern Illinois

No. 7 California vs. No. 10 NC State

No. 2 Texas vs. No. 15 Penn

George Washington, the #6 team in the nation last week before losing one game gets a #8 seed?? I know they had one bad loss, but they dominated the regular season. What a joke!

I think WVU should be highter than a #6 seed ... and Syracuse should NOT be a #5 seed. How soon the comittee fogets the DePaul game.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't follow college basketball much except for this year because South Carolina had a shot to make it and that's where I'll be going next year.

But I must ask. What makes this the OFFICIAL THREAD? Was it sanctioned by the NBA? Were Chris and the mod team consulted about the starting and naming of this thread? It's a trend I've noticed of late for people starting threads and declaring them to be official when no such designation exists.

Happy Sunday!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Oakland Region

No. 1 Memphis vs. No. 16 Oral Roberts

No. 8 Arkansas vs. No. 9 Bucknell

No. 5 Pittsburgh vs. No. 12 Kent State

No. 4 Kansas vs. No. 13 Bradley

No. 3 Gonzaga vs. No. 14 Xavier

No. 6 Indiana vs. No. 11 San Diego State

No. 7 Marquette vs. No. 10 Alabama

No. 2 UCLA vs. No. 15 Belmont

For the most part, I'm fine with this region. I think Gonzaga should have been a #2 (at least they didn't get shafted like GW) ... and Alabama is very lucky to be in IMO.

6uXNWAo.png

Air force and Seaton Hall in????..................what they rewarding quarterfinal flameouts or something????................good that Utah St. made i think after last night they where in....same with George mason the shinn deal schould not pervented then for being in

Washington, D.C. Region

No. 1 Connecticut vs. No. 16 Albany

No. 8 Kentucky vs. No. 9 UAB

No. 5 Washington vs. No. 12 Utah State

No. 4 Illinois vs. No. 13 Air Force

No. 3 North Carolina vs. No. 14 Murray State

No. 6 Michigan State vs. No. 11 George Mason

No. 7 Wichita State vs. No. 10 Seton Hall

No. 2 Tennessee vs. No. 15 Winthrop

Air force is in! Huge shocker!! I had them out for sure. It'll be interesting to see who the 66th team is, because I'm sure they're better than AF. with that said, as a Colorado native ... :woot:

Seton Hall is another team I has that should be in the NIT. Strange calls by the comittee this year.

Tennessee as a #2... not feelin that pick. They only make the Sweet 16 because their portion of the bracket is very weak.

6uXNWAo.png

Minneapolis Region

No. 1 Villanova vs. No. 16 (Monmouth/Hampton)

No. 8 Arizona vs. No. 9 Wisconsin

No. 5 Nevada vs. No. 12 Montana

No. 4 Boston College vs. No. 13 Pacific

No. 3 Florida vs. No. 14 South Alabama

No. 6 Oklahoma vs. No. 11 Wisconsin-Milwaukee

No. 7 Georgetown vs. No. 10 Northern Iowa

No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 15 Davidson

If Syracuse is going to jump to a #5 seed for having a horrible regular season and winning the Big East Tourney, why is Florida , a team that ha s a very good regular season and won their tourney just a #3? (yet Tennessee is a #2 <_< ) The comittee was very inconsistant this year. Oh well, the best team usually wins in the end anyways, regardless of seedings.

I can't want for Thursday morning. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Air force and Seaton Hall in????..................what they rewarding quarterfinal flameouts or something????................good that Utah St. made i think after last night they where in....same with George mason the shinn deal schould not pervented then for being in

You do realize it's SETON Hall, right? This is the second time I've seen you write Seaton. Of course, with all of the other spelling errors in your post, I'm not really shocked.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The 5 seed and the trip to beautiful San Diego is a nice reward for U-Dub. With that said: BRING ON UTAH STATE!

But, I do have a few gripes myself....

-Air Force? Seton Hall? I remember Seton Hall getting thrashed by Duke in the Preseason NIT, but that's it. Air Force didn't do squat neither. If they would won the auto bid, then there's a reason for them. But, since the Aztecs went chalk, someone had to get hosed *coughHofstracough*

-Nevada a 5 seed? The WAC wasn't that strong to begin with. What's even more amusing is that they are playing their former conference rival in Montana.

-Upset Specials, anyone? I have South Alabama beating Florida and Northwestern State beating Iowa (Yeah, yeah. I know the latter won't happen, but come on. Please, please, please let a Hawkeye Hater have his fun?)

Archived