March Madness

vicfurth

Goodbye J.J. and Duke.  :)

Hey Kids! Here's today's Word For The Day:

scha·den·freu·de

Pronunciation Key (shädn-froid)

(noun)

1. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

[Ger.: Schaden, damage (from MidHGer schade, from OldHGer scado) + Freude, joy (from MidHGer vreude, from OHGer frewida, from fr, happy).]

Example in a sentence:

Today, after watching Coach Ratface spit the bit and have to make excuses in the Sweet 16 - again - and after watching Dook's precious JJ Redick poop the bed on national TV (3-for-18? Way to come up large, stud... <_<) and cry like a whiny little kid on the bench into the arms of every Dook point guard who couldn't hack it in the NBA, I am feeling a pantsload of schadenfreude.

I'm feeling even more schadenfreude knowing that JJ, Dockery and Shelden Williams (I can't look at him any longer - how can your eyes be below your nose on your face?) have played their last game in blue and white, and beyond McRoberts, there's not a lot left in Durham.

GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TO HELL DOOK!

As far as who is more unlikable, it's Redick by a good margin. But that may be the result of many people's overwhelming dislike of the Blue Devils, while until this year, Morrison could work the small school/underdog thing. (That, and the hideous 'stache.) The better player, in spite of last night, is still Redick. Even I can admit that objectively; he did more with a target on his back the last couple of years and with his team being the squad EVERYONE took their best shot at, and he still delivered most of the time.

Oh, man. That is a classic post, VitaminD. Way to stick it to the Dookies, man.

Anyway, I am happy as hell to see That Overrated School from Spokane gone. I can't stand them! They get all of the attention because they are a mid-major that plays like a BCS School and what does that mean for a fan of the Huskies like moi?

That means playing second fiddle to That Overrated School from Spokane. Trust me when I say this, but NO ONE makes U-Dub play second fiddle in the state! Not EWU, Not Waz-Spew, and sure as hell not Gonzaga.

Now, go Washington. Bring vengance to the mistakes of the past and get one step closer to Indianapolis.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of SI JINX:

in the latest issue, they had 7 different covers for different regions....they were:

Bradley (LOST)

Witchita State (Lost)

Gonzaga (LOST)

Flordia (Losing at half)

George Mason (BEAT witchita state)

Boston College (LOST

it might be a sign....idk....

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

Speaking of SI JINX:

in the latest issue, they had 7 different covers for different regions....they were:

Bradley (LOST)

Witchita State (Lost)

Gonzaga (LOST)

Flordia (Losing at half)

George Mason (BEAT witchita state)

Boston College (LOST

it might be a sign....idk....

well, it was 6 covers, but i was thinking the same exact thing.

VmWIn6B.png

that was one of the worst reffed games i have ever seen.

Unbelieveable...

Worst refereed game I've ever seen...and my team benefitted from it.

I should be happy that they're goin to the Elite 8, but not like that.

Hats off to U-Dub on a hell of a season...you guys deserved a better finish than that.

Hope the refs TiVo'd that game...it'll be the last one they work for quite a while after that display.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

that was one of the worst reffed games i have ever seen.

You obviously missed the Gonzaga/UCLA game last night, but the only difference is that UCLA rose up and overcame. Ben Howland (who I consider to be the most underrated coach in the nation) and the Bruins didn't let the refs beat them with a couple calls that didn't go their way like Washington did tonight.

Props to UConn for punching their ticket to the Final Four tonight (as they have George Mason standing in their way) when the Huskies played a horrific game, players were very selfish, they had about 30 turnovers, yet they still won. With Duke history, I see these guys cutting down the nets down in Indy.

6uXNWAo.png

You obviously missed the Gonzaga/UCLA game last night, but the only difference is that UCLA rose up and overcame. Ben Howland (who I consider to be the most underrated coach in the nation) and the Bruins didn't let the refs beat them with a couple bad calls like Washington did tonight.

Last Night:

UCLA: 21-30 on free throws

ZAGS: 20-26

Tonight:

WASH: 18-23

UCONN: 34-47

Doesn't look to me like that was the only difference between last night's game and tonight's, and there was more than a couple bad calls in there.

You obviously missed the Gonzaga/UCLA game last night, but the only difference is that UCLA rose up and overcame. Ben Howland (who I consider to be the most underrated coach in the nation) and the Bruins didn't let the refs beat them with a couple bad calls like Washington did tonight.

Last Night:

UCLA: 21-30 on free throws

ZAGS: 20-26

Tonight:

WASH: 18-23

UCONN: 34-47

Doesn't look to me like that was the only difference between last night's game and tonight's, and there was more than a couple bad calls in there.

Once again, just like the Washington/Illinois game, maybe there wouldn't have been so many UConn free throws if Washington wouldn't have fouled so often. Free throws don't tell the story and the officiating that not nearly as bad as last night. There was a no-call when UConn goal-tended in overtime, but that was really it.

Washington had a huge lead then got in foul trouble. UConn came back, hung close, hit a HUGE shot at the end of regulation, and outplayed Washington in overtime. Regardless of the bad goal-tending call, UConn wins the game. They could not be stopped in OT.

6uXNWAo.png

This tournament has been unbelievable :shocked: and frustrating :cursing: . I have UCLA and UConn for the Final Four (Ohio State and Duke were the other two [i'll have to call Coach K "loser" every time that commercial comes on]). During the game, when they were behind, I was talking about that my bracket is pretty much dead, and next thing you know, they come back. I still have a chance to win it all. The most frustrated I was was watching UConn/Albany at the sports bar. You want to see the 16 seed upset the 1 seed, but I could not cheer for that because I had UConn to win it all. I think I was one of a few that was not cheering Albany on. This tournament has taken all of us to the limit with these close games. Who knows what could happen the next couple of days.

Washington had a huge lead then got in foul trouble.

Washington was in foul trouble the whole game. You don't have 5 players foul out, and the disparity in free throw shooting be as much as it was, unless the game was called that way from the start. Fouls in the first half went 14 for Washington to 9 for UCONN, and the ratio was only slightly better in the 2nd half.

There is no way that the free throw disparity should be as much as it was in a sweet 16 game, where it never seemed as though UCONN was the much more agressive team. In fact, for the large majority of the game, they looked completely bored.

If you were to change UCONN's name in the box score to Duke, and the free throw stats ended up the same, the national media and everyone on this board would be calling for an investigation. It shouldn't be any different because of the school in question.

Archived