March Madness

vicfurth

The reference has to be made (given the office supplies company is based in New England).

WHO BUT GEORGE MASON?

That said, remember, never have all four 1 seeds missed the Final Four since the field expanded to 64.

(And for the record, Dayton doesn't qualify as home for George Mason).

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe UConn got another chance to pull off the miracle win.  Good for George Mason though.  You gotta be happy for their coach, whatever his name is.  I'm sure he'll move on to a great job in the ACC or Big East next season.  As for the team, now that they have to play a road game in the Tournament, look for the winner of the Nova/Florida game take them behind the woodshed in the National Semis.

Idk about that, if they beat UConn, maybe they could take out the winner of this one...Maybe. Then again, you are right, they did play at home basically. Idk, I'm rooting for George Mason though.

They might as well played that game on the GMU campus. The Patriots a good team, no doubt, and I wish them luck, but I truly doubt they beat UConn on a fair, neutral court.

6uXNWAo.png

GEORGE :censored:ING MASON. FINAL FOUR. THAT IS ALL.

campus is going to be ridiculous tomorrow

Oh wow, you go there?

Knowing your history, someone's gettin toh' up tonight!

I can't believe UConn got another chance to pull off the miracle win. Good for George Mason though. You gotta be happy for their coach, whatever his name is. I'm sure he'll move on to a great job in the ACC or Big East next season. As for the team, now that they have to play a road game in the Tournament, look for the winner of the Nova/Florida game take them behind the woodshed in the National Semis.

have you seeen who they have played......and beat........ MSU UNC WSU AND UCONN.....im sorry but ill give them a chance anyday

I'm really happy for George Mason. All five starters are from Baltimore. Also Will Thomas and Rudy Gay are players of the game. They were also former high school rivals. I went to 3 of the six games and I've got to say Will Thomas looked better in all of those. So far Rudy Gay has done very little to impress me (and I've seen a couple of his high school games).

Verne Lundquist: "What can Brown do for you?" :D

Umm, that was Rafterty that said that.

I've been watching this tourney since around 1985 or so and this was one of the best played games I can remember.

And..... THE OFFICIALS WERE SUPERB.

GMU students: ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN.

In 1996, I was at Syracuse when they made the Championship game and lived up every minute I could. This is a little different because no one expected GMU to get this far, but same in alot of ways. Just show some class and don't burn down the town like those loser Buckeye fans :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I can't beliebe UConn got another chance to pull off the miracle win.  Good for George Mason though.  You gotta be happy for their coach, whatever his name is.  I'm sure he'll move on to a great job in the ACC or Big East next season.  As for the team, now that they have to play a road game in the Tournament, look for the winner of the Nova/Florida game take them behind the woodshed in the National Semis.

Idk about that, if they beat UConn, maybe they could take out the winner of this one...Maybe. Then again, you are right, they did play at home basically. Idk, I'm rooting for George Mason though.

Once the crowd got behind 'em they couldn't miss a shot, so they won't have that in Indianapolis.

Ugh... Denham Brown, why didn't you go to the hoop instead of taking, basically, a turn around 3 pointer?

Oh well, let's get this crop of underachievers out of here, bring in our very good recruiting class and get their again.

I hope Marcus Williams stays and Josh Boone gets some bad advice and goes pro (not sure why an NBA team would want him) -- free throws ain't that difficult, Josh. Rudy's gone, I'm certain, and no more Hilton Armstrong. I like what we got with Austrie and Adrien, plus the guys we're bringing in.

Given their performance in the tourney, UConn got what they deserved -- except they got it a couple of rounds too late.

IUe6Hvh.png

Verne Lundquist: "What can Brown do for you?" :D

Umm, that was Rafterty that said that.

I've been watching this tourney since around 1985 or so and this was one of the best played games I can remember.

And..... THE OFFICIALS WERE SUPERB.

Agreed, but with a minute left, I don't agree with the palming call. I think that was inconsistant with the idea that you let the players play. It's not like it was a completely obvious palm by Williams, either.

But you're right, they were fantastic.

IUe6Hvh.png

The sound you just heard was about half of America ripping up their bracket sheets, including mine. I lost $50 but this victory was damn worth it.

That's why you do like me and bet on single games. I made a killing when I bet on LSU to beat Duke a few days ago. Imagine how much I made around school for this one right here.

(What, you thought I liked them just because I like Cinderellas???)

The sound you just heard was about half of America ripping up their bracket sheets, including mine. I lost $50 but this victory was damn worth it.

Speaking of brackets ... Did anyone even get ONE Final Four team in??

I just won my pool with the UConn cause all of my friends has UConn as their only team left, eventhough I had them in the title game as well. That'll be insane if no #1 seeds make it to Indy.

With that said... Go Gators! :D

6uXNWAo.png

I can't beliebe UConn got another chance to pull off the miracle win.  Good for George Mason though.  You gotta be happy for their coach, whatever his name is.  I'm sure he'll move on to a great job in the ACC or Big East next season.  As for the team, now that they have to play a road game in the Tournament, look for the winner of the Nova/Florida game take them behind the woodshed in the National Semis.

Once the crowd got behind 'em they couldn't miss a shot, so they won't have that in Indianapolis.

Exactly. My thinking is that once the crowd gets behind the underdog at a neutral site game and its late (especially if it's in the underdog's neck of the woods), then that game more than likely is gonna go to the underdog. GMU is an example, once here against UConn, and when they beat the Tar Heels a week ago.

Speaking of brackets ... Did anyone even get ONE Final four team right??

That depends. I either picked Villanova or Ohio State to be in the Final Four. If it was Ohio State that I picked, then no. If Florida wins, obviously, it doesn't matter.

This years bracket kicked my ass.

IUe6Hvh.png

3 # 1' seeds down, to quote Dickie V...."It's awesome baby!"

Somewhere, "Duke-ie V" is sobbing at the prospect of there being no ACC or Big East teams in the Final Four.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived