March Madness

vicfurth

The Pats,Colonials,and Hoyas got in!!!!!!!!!!!! I think in Indy, GW will shock everyone. Duke? DEAD,baby!

I have them all losing in the first round. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Pats,Colonials,and Hoyas got in!!!!!!!!!!!! I think in Indy, GW will shock everyone. Duke? DEAD,baby!

I have them all losing in the first round. :P

You said it!! :D

bmoresig.png

'and they don't question what I say cause I'm a ladies Pimp"

Final Four:

Texas over Pittsburgh

UConn over Ohio State

National Championship:

UConn 74

Texas 69

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I make no claims of prognostication but

Sweet 16

Duke

LSU

Southern Illinois

Texas

Memphis

Bradley

Gonzaga

UCLA

Connecticut

Illinois

Michigan State

Wichita State

Villanova

Nevada

Florida

Ohio State

Elite 8

Duke

Texas

Memphis

Gonzaga

Connecticut

Michigan State

Villanova

Ohio State

Final 4: Gonzaga over Texas

Connecticut over Villanova

Connecticut over Gonzaga

So I like the Valley-its JMO anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll throw in my 2/100ths of a dollar here...

--Nantz and Packer need a big tall cool glass of STFU. What totally got me was the fact that they were whining about how the ACC and Big XII only got 4 teams each. Who else in the ACC was worthy outside of Duke, BC, UNC, & NC State? FSU? Not with the awful OOC sched they had...besides, their only claim to fame this year was beating the Dookies. UMD? The Terps were very inconsistant all season long and putting them in was a stretch to begin with before the ACC tourney...the loss they had in G-Boro killed their chances. As for the Big XII, the committee got it right with the 4 they sent. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and A&M had solid seasons and were worthy of it. The ONLY other Big XII team that had a case was Colorado, and A&M smacking them around in Dallas ended that noise.

--One gem from ESPN. As much as I like Jay Bilas, Michigan did NOT deserve a bid...not when you go 2-7 down the stretch and most certainly not when you lay an egg in the opening round of your conference tourney against a team you've beaten up on twice in the regular season.

--The MVC should have had 5, IMO. Missouri State got shafted if you ask me. The CAA had a compelling case for 3 teams as well with Hofstra (especially in light of how they took out George Mason TWICE in 10 days).

--Air Force getting a bid=COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE JOKE. Their biggest non-conference opponents were Miami and Georgia Tech, two mediocre ACC teams. The rest of the sched was squishy soft. No matter anyways, I see the Illini tearing them a new sphincter in the opening round.

Top Snubs: Missouri State, Cincinnati, Hofstra, Creighton, South Carolina

Predictions? I'll wait till Wednesday ;)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I was surprised to see UW-Milwaukee get an 11th seed with all the Bracketologists picking them as a 13 (or, at best, a 12). I like the matchup with Oklahoma, it has upset written all over it.

QPR%20Sig.png

Top Snubs: South Carolina

How did South Carolina get snubbed? They finished 18-15, and that's after the SEC Tournament, which they did not win. Any other team with that record is destined for the NIT...if it's lucky.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Provided Allan Ray can come back, Villanova can win it all and I think they will.

FINAL FOUR

Duke, UCLA, North Carolina, and 'Nova.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

one thing i've learned in my life.....never count out Duke. (and i don't even like them)

my elite eight:

Duke / Iowa

Pitt / Gonzaga

UConn / Michigan State

Boston College / Ohio State

Final Four:

Duke / Gonzaga

UConn / BC

Championship Game:

Duke 82

UConn 75

one thing i've learned in my life.....never count out Duke. (and i don't even like them)

my elite eight:

Duke / Iowa

Pitt / Gonzaga

UConn / Michigan State

Boston College / Ohio State

Final Four:

Duke / Gonzaga

UConn / BC

Championship Game:

Duke 82

UConn 75

Your championship game looks like mine, except for the result. Duke sucks.

QPR%20Sig.png

Good column by ESPN.com's Pat Forde on that interview of the head of the NCAA Tourney Selection Committee by Nantz & Packer. Basically, Forde agrees with my take that those two :censored: idiots from CBS were way the hell out of line.

Link

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I've never liked Billy Packer, and quite frankly, I have no idea how the hell he's still employed by CBS or what people see in him. If he and Nantz are doing the PBP for any of my teams (UWM, Marquette, Wisconsin or Iowa), I'm muting the TV.

QPR%20Sig.png

I've never liked Billy Packer, and quite frankly, I have no idea how the hell he's still employed by CBS or what people see in him.  If he and Nantz are doing the PBP for any of my teams (UWM, Marquette, Wisconsin or Iowa), I'm muting the TV.

Packer is the best guy CBS has, IMO. He's much better than his counterparts, such as Vitale or Raftery. Packer provides great insight, doesn't play favorites, doesn't use gimmick lines like Vitale and Raftery, and will give solid analyses of situations. He has a very straight-forward approach, doesn't shy away from offending coaches and players, doesn't care if he appeals to the masses, and he's right about 99.999% of the time. He's akin to Hubie Brown for the NBA, Dan Dierdorf with the NFL, John Davidson with hockey, and tennis' John McEnroe and Mary Carillo (two of the best analysts in ANY sport).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Were the CBS guys outta line? Most likely so. However, if the questions were re-phrased, the same type of material would be asked by your Dan Patrick's and your Stuart Scott's. Observe:

CBS says (paraphrased), "By having four teams from the Missouri Valley as well as the ACC and Big-XII, you're saying that the [MVC] is equal to the power conferences!" (note exclamation point, lol)

ESPN woulda said essentially the same thing, but more like "Looking at the brackets, I see there are as many [MVC] teams as the ACC. Do you think they're equal conferences?"

What really put CBS outta line in my book was their tone (which was more scolding than questioning). Nantz/Packer had valid questions, the kind of questions that ESPN is known for, but an incorrect, attacking attitude about themselves.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived