March Madness

vicfurth

Tennessee DID NOT deserve to win today, to bad, I really thought Winthrop was going to pull the upset. Also mad that SDSU didn't win, I thought they had it, but lost it in the end, same with the UNC-Wilmington game, I took them, but they couldn't hang on.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also mad that SDSU didn't win, I thought they had it, but lost it in the end, same with the UNC-Wilmington game, I took them, but they couldn't hang on.

Ditto. SDSU gave that game away. Maybe they felt sorry for Mike Davis or something, but there's no excuse giving up a five point lead late ... and absolutely no excuse blowing an 18 point lead in the second half when you're playing in your home state as UNCW did. I also would have went 16-for-16 in my bracket today if not for those two choke jobs.

:cursing::cursing:

6uXNWAo.png

Also mad that SDSU didn't win, I thought they had it, but lost it in the end, same with the UNC-Wilmington game, I took them, but they couldn't hang on.

Ditto. SDSU gave that game away. Maybe they felt sorry for Mike Davis or something, but theres no excuse to blow a 5 point lead with a minute to go and absolutely no excuse blowing an 18 point lead in the second half when you're playing in your home state as UNCW did. I also would have went 16-for-16 in my bracket today if not for those two choke jobs. :cursing::cursing:

If those two woulda won, as well as Winthrop I could've been 16-16 as well.

Ditto. SDSU gave that game away. Maybe they felt sorry for Mike Davis or something, but there's no excuse giving up a five point lead late ... and absolutely no excuse blowing an 18 point lead in the second half when you're playing in your home state as UNCW did. I also would have went 16-for-16 in my bracket today if not for those two choke jobs.

:cursing::cursing:

Nevermind, I misread.

Annnnnnd with the death of another 5 seed (the vastly overseeded Syracuse)

Vastly overseeded and Very overrated.

r2893865456.jpg

Theres a reason they were on the bubble of the bubble over a week ago. I cant beieve A&M won an NCAA tournament game. Who would have thought the Aggies would have had an NCAA tourney win before a bowl win since ive started school at A&M

A&M deserved that win....to be honest, Syracuse blew their load in the Big East tourney....btw, nice way to end your college career, McNamara...a flat o-fer. But the Aggies got the job done...props to them and best of luck in the next round vs. a TOUGH LSU.

Lost 5 yesterday...(Syracuse, SDSU, UNCW, Marquette, & Nevada)...only one that kinda sorta hurt me was Marquette seeing I stupidly took them to the Sweet 16.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Excuse me while I give those Gonzaga fanboys a big old Bird to enjoy their comeback over Xavier. :cursing:

Damn dirty Zags. I had them losing, I had SDSU reaching the Sweet 16 before they rolled and played dead for frickin' Indiana, a team who I thought was very overrated. A 6 seed? With that record, they deserved a 10 or 11 seed. Syracuse lays an egg against Texas A&M, UNC-Wlimington chokes against G.W. and now.... I am about this close to seeing my bracket getting nuked.

Already looks like another fun day of sweating out the brackets...

--Ohio State's getting a game from plucky Davidson...Bucks are only up by 3 with under 7 left.

--Bucknell's starting to pull away from the Hogs in Dallas...Seems Arkansas has NO answer for Bettencourt at the moment..

--Northwestern State's hanging in there with the Hawkeyes....Demons are only down 5 with about 5 gone in the 2nd half.

--Then there's the oddball game....right now it looks like 'Zona's about to run away and hide from Wisconsin out in Philly.

FANTASY TEAMS

Already looks like another fun day of sweating out the brackets...

--Ohio State's getting a game from plucky Davidson...Bucks are only up by 3 with under 7 left.

--Bucknell's starting to pull away from the Hogs in Dallas...Seems Arkansas has NO answer for Bettencourt at the moment..

--Northwestern State's hanging in there with the Hawkeyes....Demons are only down 5 with about 5 gone in the 2nd half.

--Then there's the oddball game....right now it looks like 'Zona's about to run away and hide from Wisconsin out in Philly.

Dials is really heating up right now, it looks like he might be able to sink Davidson single handedly.

I'm hoping Wisconsin can still come back, if they don't I could see Arizona winning a few more games after this one.

Yah...Davidson looks like they gave it their all, but it's not enough...Bucks are up by 10 with under a minute to go...

And it looks like Iowa's gonna move on as well...they're starting to rough up NW St. inside.

Meanwhile, Bucknell's looking mighty good...Bettencourt is hitting some crazy shots (including that one in front of the bench as the shot clock was expiring...as I said to a co-worker who happened to be in the break room as that one drained, "if you're playing horse, you woulda just gotten the H-O-R-&-S." :lol: )

FANTASY TEAMS

Props to NW St. for coming back and making a game of it with 3 minutes to go. Arkansas also went on another mini run to get closer to Bucknell, finally it looks like we have some good games today after some great ones yesterday.

Well, my brackets took a hit :upside:

At least 2 of them aren't going to hurt too bad seeing that I had the winners of the Iowa/NW State & Wisconsin/Zona game going out in the next round (on the flip side, NW State winning is making my pick of SIU to the Sweet 16 look pretty nice..that is if the Salukis can get past the Fighting Pittsnogles)

Arkansas, on the other hand....yikes. 1/8 of my Sweet 16 has bitten the dust already...

Props to NW State and Bucknell on the wins....and a big :censored: you to Wisconsin for failing to show up at the Wachovia Center today....

FANTASY TEAMS

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

1 win, 5 to go. B)

That one went about as expected, Wisconsin has sucked down the stretch. Oh well, at least one of my state's teams won (Go UWM Panthers)...

QPR%20Sig.png

Well, my brackets took a hit :upside:

While mine is having a royal feast (Outside of Georgetown beating UNI, of course).

After getting 12 of 16 last night, I am 4 for 4 heading into the late afternoon games and except for G'Town winning, I would be 7-1 overall today..

Let's see... I called Northwestern State beating Iowa and by god, I was on the floor in my apartment, nearly out of breath seeing that game winning three. All I can do is just laugh at all of the Iowa fans and those dumbasses in the media who had Iowa going far. HA HA HA!

What a first coupla days, huh? LOL, I still watched A&M last night until 11 after working a 12-hour day and knowing I'd be up at 5:30 the next day.

First round highlights:

1) Of course, props to A&M for winning with something the football team's forgotten: defense. Typical game that likens to a 1975 Ford Pinto: Very ugly but gets the job done

2) Upsets and near-upsets abound, but big ups to the Demons, being our first #14 in the second round since Valparaiso (I think that was a 3-14 matchup when they beat Mississippi, but not sure)

3) Typical 1-16 matchups, but the little guys have given the likes of Duke and Memphis a run for their money... for the first 30 minutes. Will this trend continue with UConn-Albany?

PHOTO OF THE DAY:

a_northwestern_412.jpg

(bow)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

What a first coupla days, huh? LOL, I still watched A&M last night until 11 after working a 12-hour day and knowing I'd be up at 5:30 the next day.

First round highlights:

1) Of course, props to A&M for winning with something the football team's forgotten: defense. Typical game that likens to a 1975 Ford Pinto: Very ugly but gets the job done

2) Upsets and near-upsets abound, but big ups to the Demons, being our first #14 in the second round since Valparaiso (I think that was a 3-14 matchup when they beat Mississippi, but not sure)

3) Typical 1-16 matchups, but the little guys have given the likes of Duke and Memphis a run for their money... for the first 30 minutes. Will this trend continue with UConn-Albany?

PHOTO OF THE DAY:

a_northwestern_412.jpg

(bow)

I'll add these points...

1.) Look, I didn't see the Texas A&M-Syracuse game (I have to get up earlier then vicfurth for my job and there's no way I was going to miss the season finale of Drawn Together, but that's another story) but to hear that the Aggies shut down Gerry Macnamara is indeed a feat worthy of praise, but can they shut down Baby Shaq and the LSU Tigers, eh?

2.) Although Valpo was a 13 seed against a 4 seeded Ole Miss team, I do have something to say here: Did you forget Bucknell giving Kansas the heave ho last year already? This is the first time that the 3-14 upset has happened in back-to-back years. Now, can the Demons do something that hasn't been done since the Mocs of Chattanooga did the feat in 1997: Reaching the Sweet 16 as a 14 seed.

3.) Typical 1-16 crap but it does seem that the 16 seeds are getting a bit better, but not by much. Monmouth gave Villanova a fight before the Wildcats put them down like a dog with a broken leg. Oral Roberts gave Memphis fits before the Tigers iced them and Duke held off what seemed to be the ugly cousin of the Denver Nuggets. I will say this, though: Scooby-Doo has a better chance of getting a Scooby Snack before Albany can beat UConn.

Archived