March Madness

vicfurth

I guess UConn can start perparing for their trip to Indy with Washington George Mason and Witchita State in their region it should be smooooooooth sailing.

You might want to wear some thicker pants next weekend, Tank. That statement may come back to bite you in the ass. :D

Same here-UConn's performance in the first two rounds has severely shaken my confidence in them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially with the way UConn's been playing. I have faith in my Huskies, though.

Their next opponent: The Huskies....

Interesting thing I found out:

1st round: UCLA vs. Belmont - The Briuns

2nd round: Villanova vs. Arizona - The Wildcats

Rnd of 16: UConn vs. Washington - The Huskies

I saw, I came, I left.

Man, the Washington bracket has two crazy matchups.

One game has the Purple and Gold Huskies (Washington) playing the Blue and White Huskies (UConn).

The other game is a Bracketbusters rematch with the only exception being that it's more or less a home game for George Mason then Wichita State.

The other game is a Bracketbusters rematch with the only exception being that it's more or less a home game for George Mason then Wichita State.

UConn-George Mason could be quite the game if it happens. Think having the relative home-court advantage would send GM to the Final Four?

I guess UConn can start perparing for their trip to Indy with Washington George Mason and Witchita State in their region it should be smooooooooth sailing.

You might want to wear some thicker pants next weekend, Tank. That statement may come back to bite you in the ass. :D

Same here-UConn's performance in the first two rounds has severely shaken my confidence in them.

Not mine, actually.

That Kentucky game was close because Kentucky just started making all sorts of 3 pointers. It's not like UConn was even constantly giving them open looks, some of them were NBA 3 pointers.

Regardless, we've seen the 3 sides that I've seen from UConn this year in this tournament so far. The Huskies that completely underestimate their opponents and don't even show up to play until the 2nd half, which is usually too late, the Huskies that get off to a big lead, lose focus and let the other team back in it, and the Huskies that completely dominate their opponent (last 10 minutes against Albany).

I think UConn is too deep to not make the final four. They have 8 guys that would be starting at just about any other school in the country. Rashad Anderson, a starter on any other team in the country, as their 6th man.

I like my Huskies chances as much as any teams in the country right now. I like winning, yet having an excuse for Jim Calhoun to tear into 'em -- it's exactly what this teams needs.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not mine, actually.

That Kentucky game was close because Kentucky just started making all sorts of 3 pointers. It's not like UConn was even constantly giving them open looks, some of them were NBA 3 pointers.

Regardless, we've seen the 3 sides that I've seen from UConn this year in this tournament so far. The Huskies that completely underestimate their opponents and don't even show up to play until the 2nd half, which is usually too late, the Huskies that get off to a big lead, lose focus and let the other team back in it, and the Huskies that completely dominate their opponent (last 10 minutes against Albany).

I think UConn is too deep to not make the final four. They have 8 guys that would be starting at just about any other school in the country. Rashad Anderson, a starter on any other team in the country, as their 6th man.

I like my Huskies chances as much as any teams in the country right now. I like winning, yet having an excuse for Jim Calhoun to tear into 'em -- it's exactly what this teams needs.

Yeah, I remember close calls to the Irish and Louisville

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I complain constantly about reffing for sure. And it's haunting me trying to explain what happened to my Illini last night.

But you don't have to just believe me. Watch the game. Look at the inconsistancy. Read the quotes. Read other message boards. The board at illiniboard.com almost always refuses to make the refs the main source of blame. After yesterday, its far more than the consensus that they were completely cheated. Go read boards of other teams who watched that game.

It wasn't hard to see that the Illini got called for everything and Washinton got called for nothing.

To not put any stock in all that other stuff just because I complain a lot is stupid.

The NCAA Tournament is a complete joke.

One of the refs doing that game was the one who got disciplined by the ACC...how does that happen?

It's ridiculous.

I complain constantly about reffing for sure. And it's haunting me trying to explain what happened to my Illini last night.

But you don't have to just believe me. Watch the game. Look at the inconsistancy. Read the quotes. Read other message boards. The board at illiniboard.com almost always refuses to make the refs the main source of blame. After yesterday, its far more than the consensus that they were completely cheated. Go read boards of other teams who watched that game.

It wasn't hard to see that the Illini got called for everything and Washinton got called for nothing.

To not put any stock in all that other stuff just because I complain a lot is stupid.

One of the refs doing that game was the one who got disciplined by the ACC...how does that happen?

It's ridiculous.

the illini board? Not the best place for bi partisan judging <_<

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

My point was that on that board they for the most part refuse to blame the refs for a loss. But with this one, most have little doubt that the Illlini would have had to play a perfect game to overcome the refs.

Note that I also said to check other boards.

Sorry about that, I just think you should've made another board the main one like ESPN or Fox sports

(I still am in shock about the Illini's comeback last year, I can't believe it, never will)

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

My point was that on that board they for the most part refuse to blame the refs for a loss. But with this one, most have little doubt that the Illlini would have had to play a perfect game to overcome the refs.

Note that I also said to check other boards.

Sorry about that, I just think you should've made another board the main one like ESPN or Fox sports

(I still am in shock about the Illini's comeback last year, I can't believe it, never will)

Fair enough. It hurts too much for me to spend too much time on other boards though. It's easier to take when it's one big group of us I guess.

As for that game last year. It was incredible. I almost can't believe it happened, and yet the whole time leading up to that I never stopped believing it would happen.

The Illini certainly aren't the team they had last year, I just feel real strongly the team they had this year was good, played good, and got jobbed out of the sweet sixteen.

He didn't get suspended because he's a bad official, he got suspended because he thought somebody who was innocent was involved in an altercation. It's not like he ONLY gave him a technical, he handed out a double technical because he thought both players were at fault.

To say the whole Tournament is a joke because your team lost is ridiculous. They didn't get screwed.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, UConn has some serious issues when it comes to focusing.

If they lose in this tournament, it won't be because they weren't talented enough. They're arguably the most talented team in the nation. It won't be because they're not deep enough. They're easily the deepest team in the Nation. It won't be because they're poorly coached because we know Calhoun is one of the best to grace college courts in this generation. If they lose, it'll be because they're not focused. In my opinion, anyway.

I don't really dislike what I've seen from them so far, though. They were down 12 halfway through the second half, facing the biggest upset in the history of college basketball, and for not one second did I see UConn players panic or get away from their game.

So long as they win the game, I can tolerate them giving Calhoun a reason to dig into 'em a bit to keep 'em focused. I can tolerate the close games so my boys will be prepared for the close ones against the big boys.

IUe6Hvh.png

If they lose in this tournament, it won't be because they weren't talented enough. They're arguably the most talented team in the nation. It won't be because they're not deep enough. They're easily the deepest team in the Nation. It won't be because they're poorly coached because we know Calhoun is one of the best to grace college courts in this generation. If they lose, it'll be because they're not focused. In my opinion, anyway.

I don't really dislike what I've seen from them so far, though. They were down 12 halfway through the second half, facing the biggest upset in the history of college basketball, and for not one second did I see UConn players panic or get away from their game.

So long as they win the game, I can tolerate them giving Calhoun a reason to dig into 'em a bit to keep 'em focused. I can tolerate the close games so my boys will be prepared for the close ones against the big boys.

Have to agree 100% there....as a UConn fan, games like the last 2 in Philly make me want to swig Maalox straight from the bottle.

When they focus, there's only about 2 teams in the country IMO that can hang with the Huskies (namely Duke & Villanova, who are probably the best 2 teams I've watched extensively this season)...

When they DON'T focus, anyone can make a game of it against them or beat them(ex: Marquette stepping on them out in Milwaukee, Syracuse nipping em at the Garden, the close calls with Notre Dame, Louisville, U-Albany, and Kentucky).

They're gonna have to get their focus back on track if they wanna get past U-Dub. Cannot take that team lightly...and if they get past that, I wouldn't be overlooking Wichita State or George Mason...

------------------------------------------------------

As an aside here, I'd like to say that the Kansas Jayhawks have officially joined Iowa State, South Carolina, Syracuse, and Arizona on the "NEVER EVER PICK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TO GO FAR IN THE TOURNAMENT BECAUSE THEY'RE FRICKIN CHOKE ARTISTS!" list...mostly because all those teams listed have consistantly :censored: my brackets in past years.

Iowa State and South Carolina earned it b/c they fell to 15 seeds in past years when I had them tabbed to go deep...

Syracuse and Arizona are there b/c they like to :censored: torture me by either going deep when I don't think they have a chance in hell or laying an egg and going out with a whimper when I think they can go deep.

Kansas earned it with their impressive resume of consistantly folding like a cheap card table when it matters most....and you can't totally blame it on Roy Williams either seeing they've pulled off the not-so-envied "Teen Sweep" (getting beat by a 13 or higher seed 2 straight years) under Self...the loss to Bradley on Friday cemented their status here...seeing they :censored: tricked me into picking them after that impressive run in the Big XII tourney.

Have fun on the banned list with the Cyclones, Gamecocks, Orange, and NotSoWildcats, Chickenhawks....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I complain constantly about reffing for sure.

So... why should we pay any attention to what you have to say?

No, it makes perfect sense.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. The most exciting sporting event, year in and year out, is a complete joke, because your team lost. You got it. :rolleyes:

Someone needs to call a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

If anyone wants to read more unbiased talk about Illinois getting "screwed", similar to the people at illiniboard.com, go to:

www.washingtonhuskiessuck.com

www.illiniballwashers.com

www.illinoisisthegreatestteaminthehistoryofwesterncivilization.com

www.refshateillinois.com

Trust me, all of those sites have message boards with objective, smart, unbiased college basketball fans, and for some reason, they think Illinois lost because of the refs as well.

:D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wow. You must have a lot of time on your hands to find those sites, man. They must have some wonderfully smart people who show no biases whatsoever :rolleyes:

Seriously, STL Fanatic: GET OVER IT! The Illini blew it against U-Dub and they are going home, end of story. It has nothing to do with the refs, it was probably because they were too aggressive in their play. Being aggressive tends to give you fouled more often then not and it will send your foes to the line most of the time.

So, the moral of this story is this: Quit whining and move on.

I made my earlier statements before watching the UConn presser after the game. IMO Jim Calhoun sounded like someone who, over the course of the next couple of days, will break off his foot in his team's collective :censored: .

I don't think they will have trouble focusing over the next couple of days.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I made my earlier statements before watching the UConn presser after the game. IMO Jim Calhoun sounded like someone who, over the course of the next couple of days, will break off his foot in his team's collective :censored: .

I don't think they will have trouble focusing over the next couple of days.

Yeah, that's why I love Calhoun -- he'll get on you when you're :censored:ing up for sure. You make one dumb turnover in a game and, especially with their depth this year, you're riding the bench and he's riding you before the ball is even inbounded.

I'm a little worried because Josh Boone and Rudy Gay are both from Maryland, so they might lose their focus a little in nearby Washington DC with all their family and friends.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm a little worried because Josh Boone and Rudy Gay are both from Maryland, so they might lose their focus a little in nearby Washington DC with all their family and friends.

Don't worry. I'm sure Rudy's AAU coach will keep him in line. He owes Calhoun that much after being bought off to send Rudy to UConn. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived