Iron crossover returns!

IronChefShark

GMac steps out of the shadows with a sly grin on his face... the crowd in crossover stadium gasp as they realize who it is... he looks around and mouths "not this time" and steps back in the shadows...

What does this mean?

Why not this time?

Why even post?

lol... sorry guys i wanted in but everyone and their dog is posting this time... ill be back next time...lol

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry steve-o, but your concept doesnt qualify to compete for two reasons:

- only the current team colors are to be used no other colors are to be added (suigi wanted to do the same thing and it wouldnt be fair to him or anyone else if I let this one slide)

- the teams current logo must in some way shape or form be displayed prominently on the concept

you have until this sunday at 9pm pacific/midnight eastern to make the changes  :)

fukui: man alive we are moving right along with this battle. the oakland raiders always seem to fire up thier competition and this battle to cross them over to hockey is no exception.

doc hattori: yes absolutely. I notice that highly touted graphic talent nitroseed has finally decided to enter the battle and his work is nothing short of what I would expect from him

fukui: and moser, the winner of the minnesota vikings hockey battle in our second Iron Crossover looking to establish himself atop the heap of NFL hockey crossovers with his rendition. Nice subtle tribute to the city of Oakland's hockey past while keeping a distinct modern feel

doc hattori: well the raiders colors of silver and black if you ask me will fit in any era. They can be "old school", modern, and even futuristic all at the same time.

ch ch ch ha ha ha

doc hattori: damn it thats it. You! go close that window will ya!

unnamed stage hand: hai!

fukui: and lets take a look at another newcomer here in JPSlapshot and.....WHOA!!!! WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! CLASSIC!!

doc hattori: yeah tying in nicely with the halloween them by putting the rather morbid complexion of one al davis on the alternate jersey!

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: go!

ohta: yes that is indeed the imagery of Al Davis on JPSlapshot's alternate jersey concept!

fukui: man alive he better watch it or Al may put JPSlapshot on his "to sue" list

-----AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

fukui: what was that!

doc hattori: must be the stagehand. he must have saw a mouse or something...

fukui: stay tuned folks!

As Frylock finds himself wandering the streets in the rain, his cell phone buzzes, alerting him to a text-message.  "Iron Crossover Stadium reopens!" was all it read.  "Hmm," thought Frylock.  "Do I have the chops to try this again?"

Finding his way through the halls of Iron Crossover Stadium, he noticed many familiar voices.  But he noticed nearly as many that were new to him.  Walking through the main tunnel leading to the floor of the arena, he pauses and looks out amongst the vast sea of entrants.  Frylock mutters to himself, "Oh, my, God."

Much like the Raiders, I couldn't decide if I wanted to lay down roots in the Bay Area or SoCal.  So I figured, why not both.  My Home/Road (or light/dark) set is based on a much loved ( :;): ) SoCal squad, while the alt jersey is based upon the togs of our beloved from the bay.

As Frylock unveils his creations, he asks the crowd a question: "Does Bo know hockey?"

YES! frylock has the full uniform!  :D

wonder why this doesnt happen with football, baseball, and basketball concepts.....everyone is usually pretty good about getting a complete set for those

for hockey though so much focus is emphasised on the jersey I guess the other components get left out?

I dunno about you, but I'm getting reeely sick of seeing all this silver and black. I need to get back to work on my Rafale Project!

And is it just me, or does EVERY jersey look the same? I don't recall this happening with the other competitions...

One last thing: SHB, what in the world is "Morimoto juice"?! Sounds kinda inappropriate...

And is it just me, or does EVERY jersey look the same? I don't recall this happening with the other competitions...

i've noticed the same thing....a lot of the same striping patterns, not much in the way of logo edits....just my 2 cents.

I searching for an inspiration, I looked to Oakland's closest NHL neighbor--the San Jose Sharks--and it dawned on me that the alternate uniform that so many Sharks fans view as too plain and simple for the teal-and-black, reflects perfectly the attitude of the silver-and-black.

That said, here is my bold set of three entrees...err...entries for the Halloween Iron crossover challenge.

Cuse2000's Oakland Raiders X-Over Concept

Oakland hockey

Home, Road, Alt.

I just got back at 2:00 am this morning from Colorado Springs.  I was up there sunday-tuesday looking at Colorado College.  I want to go there so badly!  Because I just got back, this is the first time I've been able to design.

Look for my concept cornacoupia tomorrow or late today.

fukui: so far we have a record 18 entries for this Oakland Raiders hockey battle with two of those pending approval due to missing uniform components

doc hattori: yes, although some of the combatants may disagree on this but I feel the combatants have done an extremely good job creating individual ideas using such a limited graphic and color scheme

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: go!

ohta: yes it appears that steve-o has finally got his concept to qualify for voting!

fukui: ok good news on that front.

ch ch ch ha ha ha

fukui: hey, will you go see what is keeping him with that window?

unnamed stagehand #2: hai!

fukui: we have lisa guererro standing by. go!

lisa: fukui-san I am here with two all dressed up gentlemen here who go by "Violator" and "Skullman". So guys, what do you think of these concepts so far?

violator: RRRRAAAAIIIIIDDDEEERRRRSSS!!!!!!

skullman: BEWARE THE RAIDER NATION!!!!!

lisa: ok there you have it....hey watch those hands there!

fukui: heh heh be careful there lisa.

- AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

doc hattori: man what is it with all these stagehands? they see a little something and act like they died....sheesh

Archived