Longhorns: Triple Crown?

Gamingboy

I just realized this while filling out my brackets. The University of Texas has a chance to get the Triple Crown of College Sports: Baseball, Football and Basketball. (I think it can be safe to say that they have no chance of a Hockey championship).

What I'm wondering is, has a team ever been able to so dominate College Team Sports? Winning the College World Series, securing the No. 1 spot in the country in Football and winning the NCAA Basketball Tournament all within a 365 day span? Anyone know?

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Wouldn't they have to win both the NCAA tournay AND the college world series this year to have it count? The CWS championship was last school year.

Ehhh... you might be right. But I said "In a 365 day span". Their CWS and Rose Bowl victories have been within the last 365 days. But I guess you have a point.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Wouldn't they have to win both the NCAA tournay AND the college world series this year to have it count? The CWS championship was last school year.

Ehhh... you might be right. But I said "In a 365 day span". Their CWS and Rose Bowl victories have been within the last 365 days. But I guess you have a point.

Eh, technicality aside, it'd still be impressive.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

It would be unprecedented and very impressive if a team were to win the football and basketball in the same school year as it has never been done in NCAA history ... but if Texas were to win the basketball tourney this year, I wouldn't call it the "NCAA Triple Crown" because the baseball title was in the 04-05 school year. I would maybe compare it to the "Tiger Slam" from a few years back as Eldrick held all four grand slam titles all at once by winning a couple majors one year, and the rest of them the following year.

6uXNWAo.png

Wow that would be quite an interesting story if Texas does get the tripple corwn, but they wont UConn stands in the way so Texas wont even see Final Four.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived