New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's about time!

The Vikings wearing pants, I mean.

[sarcasm]They were wearing long underwear all this time? Somebody should of arrested the Minnesota NFL team for public indecinty![/sarcasm]

Colts, take note. Having one set of pants is not good.

Colts, take note. Having one set of pants is not good.

Not true. If you can pull off one set of pants, it's great.

That said, I've never been a fan of the all white look or white pants in general, but sometimes they are necessary.

I'm glad to hear the Vikings are trying out purple again though, because they have a purple helmet.

However, the Colts should stick to white pants, because blue pants would clash against their helmet.

Rams, Niners, Packers, Lions....those are a few of the teams who can pull of a one set of pants look perfectly by the way.

This is from KFFL:

Vikings | Team changing uniforms

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:46:00 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings will be wearing new uniforms for the 2006 season. Steve LaCroix, Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, confirmed the uniform change, although he declined to say to what extent. "We are working with the NFL and Reebok on some exciting changes for the 2006 season. The process is still continuing, but we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans," he said.

Rams, Niners, Packers, Lions....those are a few of the teams who can pull of a one set of pants look perfectly by the way.

Add the Eagles to this list when they come to their senses and bust out the silver pants again. And the Raiders, because they've done just fine with one pair of pants.

Other than the Packers, the teams that do the best with a single pair of pants are the ones who wear metallic colors. Coincidence?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Add the Eagles to this list when they come to their senses and bust out the silver pants again. And the Raiders, because they've done just fine with one pair of pants.

Other than the Packers, the teams that do the best with a single pair of pants are the ones who wear metallic colors. Coincidence?

um, lest we forget the Super Bowl champs and their dapper yellow slacks for both home and away.

And I'll just add in that though they have bought into the metallic, the Rams look great in yellow for a long time too.

Speaking of silver being great as just one set of pants.

The Panthers and Pats need to drop their white and navy pants (respectively), right now. Silver home and away...it NEEDS to be done. Looks so much better.

And I'd like to say how the Cowboys should just have one pair of silver pants...but...well...that's a lost cause.

Isn't this like, the 4th year in a row we've heard about the Vikings wearing purple pants? I'll believe it when I see it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's more from the StarTribune on the uniform change. The team won't confirm the purple pants rumors:

The Vikings are changing quarterbacks and uniforms for the 2006 season. On the day they traded Daunte Culpepper to Miami, several other players were in the New York City area for fittings of a new uniform the team is having designed.

New starting quarterback Brad Johnson, tight end Jermaine Wiggins and cornerback Antoine Winfield were among the players who made the trip. Steve LaCroix, vice president of sales and marketing, confirmed that the team is redesigning its uniform but would neither reveal details nor comment on a report that the design includes purple pants to be worn at home with purple jerseys.

"We are working with the NFL and Reebok on some exciting changes for the 2006 season," LaCroix said. "The process is continuing and we hope to have an unveiling to our fans later in the offseason."

Although the Vikings generally have had the same uniform design throughout their 46-year history, several tweaks have been made over time. The most recent was adding a Norseman to the sleeves in the late 1990s, LaCroix said.

NFL rules allow uniform changes once every five years. They also allow a team to use a third, alternate jersey for two regular-season games, but it appears the Vikings plan a more substantial change.

More crumbling of the NFC North/Central classic jersey tradition. I hope the Packers and Bears stay the hell away from this trend.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NFL rules allow uniform changes once every five years.

...SO that makes it how long before the Bills can wipe those trainwreck uniforms from the face of the earth? :therock:

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived