New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer both your questions, the pants stripe on that concept (read: not real) is just a slightly modified Atlanta Falcons stripe. Obviously the Vikings' new pants won't look exactly like that, but the information that we have says that the new Vikings pants will have a Falcons-ish feel to them.

As for the M and V logos, I am pretty sure those are new logos (from last year?) that the Vikings now use. They replaced their old wordmark.

I dunno if I'm buyin this. Personally, I think they look hideous (especially with the horns across the front) and I doubt the people of Minnesota have that bad of taste. Let's hope this is just a concept.

6uXNWAo.png

Those are pretty ridiculous. The vikings horns on the jersey just make no sense.

If these end up being the final product -- which I seriously doubt -- the Vikings would fall into the same classification as Buffalo and Cincinatti. That is, the aesthetically challenged category.

I don't think that concept is the real set. Why would the NFL/Vikings allow this guy to post the unis on his site before the unveiling? CC and PANTONE are constantly afraid to post stuff because of watchful eyes, and suddenly they turn a blind one to this guy?

Call me cynical, but I'm not buying it.

Plus, those jerseys are awful. What's up with the MS Paint horn outlines on the whites?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The quality is pretty bad, which would indicate that they're fake. On the other hand, they have many qualities that have me beliveing they might just be a rendering of what the guy actaully saw.

For one, the UCLA stripes are gone, as was hinted at. Also, there are rumours that say that the horns will be incorperated into the unis simular to the way the Chargers incorperate the lighting bolts. The horn on the front match that discription. The updates to the helmet logo match what we've heard.

Also, the style of the unis posted is consistant with that of recent uniform updates (Buffalo, Cincinnati, Arizona).

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what the new unis really look like, and some guy who saw them decided to do a mock up and post it on his web site.

Apparently, these are it:

Vikesnew.jpg

"Straight from Winter Park" (The Vikes traingin camp in Mankato)

http://vikingstailgate.blogspot.com/

Man, those are awful.

I hope that's not really wha6t5 they look like.

What the heck is the deal with all the contrasting side paneled jerseys these days? I hate `em. I rejoiced when the Rams stopped using the gold side panels in 2002.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

man if there is something i love it's side panels. But only if done right, i mean the Bills' dont match up to either set of pants, the patriots arn't interchangable with both set of pants, the bengals look ridiculous all around, the rams looked better with it and the Broncos look good with it.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Ill bet mojoto's bean sack that those arent it.

I sure hope so. Viking horns just don't look good on uniforms. They belong on helmets, but not the uniforms.

Especially this way, with the horns actually pointing toward each other. That's just awful.

Archived