New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

Found this over on purplepride.org. Here is the post then the pic:

Posted by FedjeViking:

Well that other fellow (on that other list) came up with what is suppose to be the new jersey's. He says he knows someone who works at Reeboks. Take a look....

Now here is the pic:

Meh I don't know. Have to see when they come out I guess before I make up my mind.

Interesting. Not the standard NFL template, but looks legit.

Don't know what I think either.

Looks like the Cardinals started something (at least in the NFL) with the logo on the back of the neck, huh?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is the pants will look similar to the Broncos pants with the stripe coming to an end looking like the viking horn. In this case, its probably gonna be all white on the road, all purple at home, as mentioned on here before. Also, the helmet (as seen at the upper left part of the image) looks unchanged. And the yellow on the premier jersey looks more like gold than the standards Vikings yellow they have now.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

if this is legit, then i'm a big dope for worrying. i think this is one of the better modern-style nfl jerseys i've seen.

drop the logo from the back collar, and i'd venture to say they'd be some of the nicest unis in the league.

Not bad at all, though I think yellow would have been better than the gold.

The one big issue I see is that since the side stripes are contrasting on both jerseys, they would either have to go monochrome on home and away, or have four pairs of pants to mix and match. I prefer how the Patriots do it, since they can mix and match while needing only two pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The one big issue I see is that since the side stripes are contrasting on both jerseys, they would either have to go monochrome on home and away, or have four pairs of pants to mix and match. I prefer how the Patriots do it, since they can mix and match while needing only two pants.

I actually think that the Patriots' side-stripes are quite obnoxious, since they don't match up with the stripes on the pants. I have never been able to figure out why the Pats do that. What's the point of having two different styles of stripes butting up against each other? It looks like a mistake.

With the colors, I suspect this is a scanner/printing issue. I have been told from a reliable source (someone who has a physical copy of the 2006 Style Guide) that the Pantones aren't changing.

I've been seeing billboards around the Twin Cities lately that show a blurry pic of a group of Vikings players w/ the tag line "On April 27, everthing will become clear" with a Reebok logo under that. Look like y'all have your official unveiling date. As a Packer fan, I can't wait to make fun of them.

pink_floyd_poster_back_covers.jpg

brewers3.png

I wonder what authentic v premier means?  Otherwise, it looks legitimate on some level.

Perhaps "premier" is just a classy way of saying "replica", but when you look at the MSRPs, you think there would be more of a discrepency between the prices. I don't really know what else could be the difference between the two terms.

This graphic definitely looks to be more legit than the other "Straight from Winter Park" concept.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I actually think that the Patriots' side-stripes are quite obnoxious, since they don't match up with the stripes on the pants. I have never been able to figure out why the Pats do that. What's the point of having two different styles of stripes butting up against each other? It looks like a mistake.

With the colors, I suspect this is a scanner/printing issue. I have been told from a reliable source (someone who has a physical copy of the 2006 Style Guide) that the Pantones aren't changing.

You're right about the stripes around the panels not matching up, but at least the panels match. I also don't get why they can't just do the pants stripe on the jersey too, but I think mis-matched panels would be a bigger issue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have the feeling that in five years' time, we'll all be very embarassed over these monochromes. That said, if the Vikings would like to trash a perfectly fine uniform for elongated horns and purple pants, go for it.

"Denver Broncos North" seems to be more fitting, and is there anyone that thinks the Broncos' current look isn't already a bit stale? One can only be cutting edge for so long, and I have a feeling the Vikings might regret this change soon enough. I already do.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just noticed that the helmet in that concept still has the same Viking horn. Since I think it's been pretty firmly stated that the horn will be changed (albeit slightly), I'm thinking this is yet another concept.

It's where I sit.

I just posted the pic on FanHome...DMWiz has apparently seen these things for real; he should be able to confirm or deny if they're real or not.

Personally, I think these are legit. The horn/graphic-thing on the header of the pic is probably just something that hasn't been modified yet.

Personally, I hope that none of the concepts that are rumored to be authentic are the real thing. The Vikes had one of the few traditional-looking unis left. This modern stuff the Bengals, Broncos, Bills, and Patriots wear belongs in a circus, not on the football field.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

DMWiz from FanHome:

Very similar to what I have seen. I never saw the back so I am uncertain as to how the stripes wrap around the sleeves.

Since the NFL Style Guide still doesn't show the backs of the uniforms (something they're overdue to correct), he hadn't seen the backs.

I'm still standing by my assumption that these are legit.

DMWiz from FanHome:
Very similar to what I have seen. I never saw the back so I am uncertain as to how the stripes wrap around the sleeves.

Since the NFL Style Guide still doesn't show the backs of the uniforms (something they're overdue to correct), he hadn't seen the backs.

I'm still standing by my assumption that these are legit.

Then I sit corrected! :D

It's where I sit.

The vegas gold is going to look pretty stupid.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived