New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting a little too much of a Rams-esque feel off of this one to embrace it just yet. I'm hoping that there will be some sort of thin striping on the pants that will allow for mix and match, a la the Falcons, instead of just monochromes. I'm also not really sold on the metallic gold just yet.

As for the "premier" jerseys, I think these are along the lines of Reebok's EQT jerseys - replica jerseys with everything screened, but names and numbers sewn on in Swingman-style single layer tackle twill. Noting from the graphic that the Authentic price is much lower than previous seasons, and not seeing anything in the way of true "replica" shirts, I get the feeling that 2006 will be the advent of a pricing structure for NFL jerseys similar to the shift we saw in the NBA a few years back: Authentics will be available a bit more easily than in the past, Swingman/Premier jerseys will comprise the bulk of the market, and Replicas will be relegated mainly to discount stores and made from cheaper materials. These will probably be the NFL "red tag" jerseys, featuring either just team logos on the sleeves, or striping which won't wrap around the sleeve, lasting only a few inches instead.

Of course, this is nothing but mere speculation on my part.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"Denver Broncos North" seems to be more fitting

Those Vikings jerseys are much more similar to what the Patriots/Rams wear than what the Broncos wear.

This modern stuff the Bengals, Broncos, Bills, and Patriots wear belongs in a circus, not on the football field

:rolleyes: Then tell us what does belong on a football field, old wise man.

I get the feeling that 2006 will be the advent of a pricing structure for NFL jerseys similar to the shift we saw in the NBA a few years back: Authentics will be available a bit more easily than in the past, Swingman/Premier jerseys will comprise the bulk of the market, and Replicas will be relegated mainly to discount stores and made from cheaper materials. These will probably be the NFL "red tag" jerseys, featuring either just team logos on the sleeves, or striping which won't wrap around the sleeve, lasting only a few inches instead.

I'm inclined to agree, but the football replicas (screened numbers) weren't exactly cheap the last couple of years and I'd be surprised if a similar style this year went to discount stores. Interesting proposition though, Sodboy, and I'm curious to see if that's how it'll play out.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The vegas gold is going to look pretty stupid.

Do I need to say this again?

The colors aren't changing (from what I've heard from a reliable source). This scan shows a darker Gold, but they should have the standard Gold that they've used since 1997.

The descrepancy here is more than likely a scanning and/or printing issue.

The colors aren't changing (from what I've heard from a reliable source). This scan shows a darker Gold, but they should have the standard Gold that they've used since 1997.

I know what you mean PANTONE, but there is an obvious, albeit slight, difference is the yellows in the 2 different jersey styles.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I know what you mean PANTONE, but there is an obvious, albeit slight, difference is the yellows in the 2 different jersey styles.

I'm throwing my hands up with this one and surrendering. These are - from what I've been told from a reliable source - the colors that the Vikings have been, and will be using:

MinnesotaVikings_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

If in fact - when I get the new Style Guide sheets - that I find that this is incorrect information, I will come back here with my proverbial tail between my legs, and beg for forgiveness.

:P

:puke:

About a year ago I was going to get an authentic Vikes jersey. Now I don't need to.

They are losing a fine home jersey and the best white jersey in the league, imho.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Serifed block style names... Seems a little throwbackish for a contemporary jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those Vikings jerseys are much more similar to what the Patriots/Rams wear than what the Broncos wear.

This modern stuff the Bengals, Broncos, Bills, and Patriots wear belongs in a circus, not on the football field

In what way are they similar to what the Rams currently wear? If the Rams still had the gold side panels on the jesrseys, I could see that. But those are long gone, thank goodness.

What does belong on a football field? In my opinion, uniforms that don't make the players look like a bunch of clowns. Examples of non-clownish unis: Cowboys, Texans, Eagles, Rams, Lions, Jets, Packers, Bears, Bucs, Current Vikings, etc. etc.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

In what way are they similar to what the Rams currently wear? If the Rams still had the gold side panels on the jesrseys, I could see that. But those are long gone, thank goodness.

What does belong on a football field? In my opinion, uniforms that don't make the players look like a bunch of clowns. Examples of non-clownish unis: Cowboys, Texans, Eagles, Rams, Lions, Jets, Packers, Bears, Bucs, Current Vikings, etc. etc.

The big similarity with the Rams should be obvious. The rams have horns on their shoulders. These are trying to emulate Vikings horns over the shoulder.

The Rams used to have the horns on the shoulders, but they no longer do. I do think that idea was one these jerseys might be inspired from, but they don't look similar, and the Rams don't use those anymore.

Same with the side stripes. Plus, it's not changing to metallic gold like the Rams did.

These remind me a lot of the Patriots, but I think that is alright. They look better than the Pats do. My only wish is that they would take one more piece of inspiration from the Pats. That would be to modify the purple jerseys. On the purple jerseys it'd be nice if only the shoulder part of the stripe was white. The side stripe section should remain outlined in yellow, but the fill should be purple.

Not only would that probably look nicer, it would allow there to be just two sets of pants (one white, one purple), but four possible combinations.

As it is now, in order to get four possible combinations (that match up), they'll need four sets of pants (two white, two purple).

I'm throwing my hands up with this one and surrendering. These are - from what I've been told from a reliable source - the colors that the Vikings have been, and will be using:

MinnesotaVikings_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

If in fact - when I get the new Style Guide sheets - that I find that this is incorrect information, I will come back here with my proverbial tail between my legs, and beg for forgiveness.

:P

Sorry Pantone, I was just going by what I saw in the pic. I hope it is Vikings yellow, not metallic gold.

I think this may look like a strange crossbreeding of the broncos, bills, and rams. Monochrome unis be damned.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I was hoping that, from the scan, they would be switching to old gold from the yellow gold. Also, I can also guess that the pants would be like the Broncos, except with the gold braid along the insert. I think that the monochrome unis will be home unis unless they are somehow able to successfully pull off a purple side insert with the purple pants for the road. I'm assuming that the side panel on the pants will coordinate with the panel on the actual jersey.

This isnt good. they arent that bad, but it isnt something a team with a history like the vikings should do. i'll say it again, the dolphins are the best(not perfect) example of how a traditional team should update if need be. in ten years, this will be a joke in minnesota."remember when we got rid of daunte and randy, then we got thse horrible uniforms?"....lets hope the viking fans will flip out like the niner fans did when they trotted out those :censored:ty helmets after winning a super bowl

Archived