New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the original statement by Ziggy Wilf... How in the F is this a subtle change especially going monochrome. I really don't mind the design but it is in no way a subtle update and I just wish they could have a traditional combo but I don't see how with the way the side panels are. Maybe when he was saying a subtle change or update he was just talking the helmet and logo and not the uni's. One other thing I noticed on that template was in the upper right hand corner how it said jerseys 2-3. maybe this is'nt the finished product but one of many proposed concepts.

I don't mean to be rude, but please, In...use the edit button.

What does belong on a football field? In my opinion, uniforms that don't make the players look like a bunch of clowns. Examples of non-clownish unis: Cowboys, Texans, Eagles, Rams, Lions, Jets, Packers, Bears, Bucs, Current Vikings, etc. etc.

Fair enough...can't really argue that those are bad looks (except the Cowboys' 34 shades of blue).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And one more thing I wanted to ask Pantone was I thought the pants would be on a concept in that type of format or am I wrong. Anything Pantone has ever posted according to the NFL style guide has a helmet, jersey and pants for both the home and aways I do believe.

Well, this isn't the NFL Style Guides version. Rather, these are Reekboks concept/style sheets.

I actually don't know that for sure, but that's what I believe. It's a strong point though, that these might just be one of a few options they're looking at.

And one more thing I wanted to ask Pantone was I thought the pants would be on a concept in that type of format or am I wrong. Anything Pantone has ever posted according to the NFL style guide has a helmet, jersey and pants for both the home and aways I do believe.

Well, this isn't the NFL Style Guides version. Rather, these are Reekboks concept/style sheets.

I actually don't know that for sure, but that's what I believe. It's a strong point though, that these might just be one of a few options they're looking at.

Actually, it looked like that it was from Reebok's "NFL Equipment" merchandise catalog. The giveaway is 1) the prices under the jersey and 2) the mockups for the authentic jerseys and the replica jerseys.

Actually, it looked like that it was from Reebok's "NFL Equipment" merchandise catalog. The giveaway is 1) the prices under the jersey and 2) the mockups for the authentic jerseys and the replica jerseys.

exactly what I was going to say. The three-hole punch is also a clue that it's a catalog/sales tool, and why there's no helmets or pants. Also, all the Reebok concept sheets and presentation booklets that they use to show teams that I have seen are 11x17, this is 8.5 x 11. 99.9% of the time, when something gets printed for a salesman catalog it's a done deal.

IMO, I think these renderings are legit and probably what we can expect to see unveiled.

Sidenote: Pantone has an inside track on this stuff and never steers us wrong. Please give him the benefit of the doubt and take into consideration that the images we view are scanned, copied and colors vary from monitor to monitor.

Found this over on purplepride.org. Here is the post then the pic:

Posted by FedjeViking:

Well that other fellow (on that other list) came up with what is suppose to be the new jersey's. He says he knows someone who works at Reeboks. Take a look....

Now here is the pic:

lastscan2.jpg

Meh I don't know. Have to see when they come out I guess before I make up my mind.

Those look like something a pro team would go with.

I'll have to see them with the pants first, but from what I can tell they look pretty decent.

6uXNWAo.png

The more I look at this the more I ... like it. I've always hated the Vikings unis, and while the monochrome I'm not a huge fan of, it may work. I really hope they don't adopt it full time, however. I doubt they will go to a rams-gold, but I believe they should change the collar of the primary home jersey to purple. Something about the yellow/gold collar just doesn't seem right, but it may look really good on shoulderpads.

Somebody should apply this to a 3d template so we can get an idea.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hope they do like the Broncos and have two sets of white pants and one set of dark pants. White with thin gold/purple stripes around a thick white stripe (to go with purple top), white with gold around thick purple (to go with white jersey), and purple with thin gold/white around thick purple (think Patriots) to go with purple jersey. And by gold I mean yellow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Damn.

The Atlanta Gremlins of the PFA have been sporting a very similar design for the past two years in the PFA.

05_PFA_mediag_ATL_gremlins.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Those jerseys look alright, though the whites are easily better than the purple. Maybe we'll start doing a Cowboys and wearing white at home.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived