New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That picture certainly doesnt show a new numbering font. Pretty blocky athletic generic, looks like.

Unless that pic is purposefully misleading. Which I honestly cant image.

How do we not have a leak on this?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

That's too bad with the pants. I like to think of the Vikings as more of a "Classic" team. THEY DON"T NEED TO CHANGE! Another one bites the dust.

Blame Matt Millen and the Lions. They defouled the entire Classic Division first. It's just a matter of time before the Packers have holograms of Brett Favre on their helmet and the Bears are wearing chaps with gradients and furry bears on their shoulder pads.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That picture certainly doesnt show a new numbering font. Pretty blocky athletic generic, looks like.

Unless that pic is purposefully misleading. Which I honestly cant image.

well we do have PANTONE, but he will never tell <_<

I haven't seen them. Nothing for me to tell.

"DMWiz" on the FanHome board has, and all he has done is confirm with me privately that the Pantone colors are staying the same. No changes or additions.

He has also confirmed that the Reebok spec sheet posted here (and everywhere else) looks legit. He has said that the pants are similar in style to the Cardinals.

That's absolutely everything I know.

I haven't seen them. Nothing for me to tell.

"DMWiz" on the FanHome board has, and all he has done is confirm with me privately that the Pantone colors are staying the same. No changes or additions.

He has also confirmed that the Reebok spec sheet posted here (and everywhere else) looks legit. He has said that the pants are similar in style to the Cardinals.

That's absolutely everything I know.

PANTONE, you are the oracle of these boards, the knower of all things.

Please make these new uniforms appear with your magic wand. And supply us all with some magic beans while you're at it. :P

By the way, love the sig. J.J. rocks.

By the way, love the sig. J.J. rocks.

J.J.'s my guy. Biggest influence on my musical life. J.J. Johnson for those of you who don't know who he was.

Got to meet him on a couple of occasions...and I was a regular member of his email list - up until his death. It was great being able to communicate with him; a guy who knew and worked with absolutely EVERYBODY in the NY jazz scene in the '40s. Recorded with Bird, Dizzy, Clifford Brown, Miles, etc.

In case anyone's wondering - the "Why Indianapolis? Why Not Indianapolis?" line refers to a tune J.J. wrote in reference to his retiring to Indy in the '90s. He was born in Indy, and ended up dying in Indy. He was a big Colts fan as well.

OK folks, time for all of us to be (temporary) Vikings fans...

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectn...iInfo42406.html

<< previous    next >>

Uniforms

VIKINGS TO UNVEIL NEW UNIFORMS THURSDAY, APRIL 27

On Thursday, April 27, the Minnesota Vikings will celebrate the unveiling of the team's new uniforms in the Rotunda at the Mall of America. Hosted by the radio voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen, the event will run from 6:00-6:30 p.m. with current Vikings players, including Matt Birk, Jim Kleinsasser, Mewelde Moore, Jermaine Wiggins, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams and Troy Williamson scheduled to showcase the new designs. Head Coach Brad Childress will address the crowd while alumni, including the first-ever Vikings draft choice Tommy Mason, as well as Joey Browner, Paul Krause, Jim Marshall and Randall McDaniel, plus Vikings cheerleaders and other representatives, will also take part in the event.

Following the unveiling and through Monday, May 1, the Mall of America and vikings.com will be the only places the new jerseys will be available for purchase. Special autograph appearances will take place in the following locations immediately following the unveiling:

Location Players/Cheerleaders Time

Vikings Locker Room Jim Marshall & Kevin Williams 7:00 p.m.

Gold Country Vikings Cheerleaders 7:00 p.m.

Pro Image Matt Birk 7:30 p.m.

Team Choice Jermaine Wiggins 7:30 p.m.

The Sports Authority will also offer a free mini helmet with the purchase of a new jersey, while supplies last.

For further information regarding the event, please contact Vikings Vice President, Sales & Marketing Steve LaCroix (952-828-6500). For information regarding media credentials, please contact Anna Lewicki-Long at Mall of America (952-883-8804 or e-mail at alewicki@simon.com).

If you can't make it to the Mall of America, Sign Up for the VikingsNow Newsletter and see the new uniforms first.

On Thursday, members will be the first to see the new images when they receive an e-mail from VikingsNow.

Don't miss out. Sign up now!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

found the link over at purplepride.

A couple of observations about these jerseys:

1. Although initially when I saw the graphics that Phat kid posted, I thought that it appeared they were trying to get the viking horn into the striping on the jersey. When I look at it now, it almost looks exactly like the Patriots striping.

2. I'm thinking they are going to have 3 pairs of pants. A separate white pair for the purple and white jerseys, and another pair of purple pants to go with either the purple or white jersey.

kevin

For some reason, these ended up looking much simpler than I anticipated.

The whites stand out to me because of the limited use of yellow. I realize yellow wasn't a major component of the previous away jerseys, but the little yellow on these images makes it seem barely noticeable.

Josh brings up a good point with the Norseman. I wonder if I'll end up missing it on the sleeve. By the time a gigantic lineman wears this you won't see the sleeve anyway.

I also wonder whether the shoulder horn element will be more noticeable when these are worn with full pads.

EDIT: here's another pic.

VikingsAway.jpg

Nice find Kevin...

Someone emailed me the other day wanting to know if I was "going to have someone there to take pictures and report the event"... ^_^

Well, my wife's parents live literally 10 minutes door-to-door from MOA, and I tried to get my mother-in-law to be an official "SSUR reporter"...but, she and my father-in-law won't be back in town in time for the thing.

My brother-in-law might be able to head over...

Any of the Twin Cities guys on this board going? Mockba?

Archived