New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow me to be the first hater to :censored: in everybody's Cheerios on this one (but then again, I'm a Packer fan, so take it with a big ol' shakerful of salt.) (bow)

These suck-diddley-uck.

The shoulder stripe is very Pats-esque, but having a colored trim stripe on top and not bottom looks unbalanced, and because it's on TOP, it doesn't suggest the Vikes' helmet-horn logo at all.

The broken collar stripe is just inanely stupid.

Using the old number font, but just softening the edges a bit? Goofy, but not offensive...but the nameplate font just doesn't match.

And what the hell was wrong with the Viking head logo on the sleeves? I actually kinda liked that. Now, the sleeves below the Pats stripe are just...plain. Too much blah space.

And WTF is the Viking head doing ABOVE the nameplate on the back? What are these, WWE T-shirts!? :shocked:

The old Viking road whites were classic...if evil. These...feh.

Way to continue to screw up, Vikings...you continue to make 1265 Lombardi Ave's boys look good, while you look like @ss.

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

I like the white stripes on the Purple. Those are cool. I also like the dual colors on the collars. I'm a fan of "collar art" as it were.

If nothing else, the striping and the color combine to form a bit of a throwback look, yet looking modern at the same time.

Overall, it's a good upgrade considering that this is the most radical change they've made to their uniforms in their 46 year history.

philly.png

here is a larger pic , definitely a new number font

d_1499.jpg

I like 'em, and they're probably even nicer in person...if they have one of my boy Jermaine Wiggins (Boston native/member of the Super Bowl 36 Champion Patriots) may have to order one

On a sidenote, I remember the early descriptions of these jerseys were Broncos/Falcons-styled...I see the resemblance to the Broncos, but the Falcons? Maybe I'm missing something :blink:

I just noticed that it loos like the yellow striping stops half way down the side panels that must be just a photo shop thing right? BTW hate the logo above the name on the back. Not a nice trend of late .

No I think it does go all the way down you just can't see it in this picture.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I have a question about the latest photos.

If they are real, how could the 3 different jerseys have the exact same wrinkles?

i'm also curious of this. But don't fret, we will know by tomorrow of how the whole set will look, can't wait!

Too plain.

Yet, they would have been blasted by some here if they were too "busy".

No matter what they did, they weren't going to please everyone and certainly not please the "traditionalists".

For everyone that was "dreading" how bad these new uniforms were going to look, I think you all were jumping to conclusions. Face it, these are better than the out-of-date unis they have been wearing.

I think you can add the Vikes as another team that has upgraded their look in recent years. Far more "hits" than "misses" on the new NFL uni front.

And, I still don't get the hate for the Falcons new look. Those "evil" shoulder stripes that bother so many people aren't gaudy at all (you hardly even notice them on the red jerseys). They have a much cleaner, sharper look than the dingy, stale things they used to wear. The Falcons, truthfully, have a pretty basic uniform. No stripes on helmet. A very thin line up the pants. No stripes on socks. Really only use 3 colors (red, black and white). I don't see the outrage.

Now, the Bills.......I understand the outrage with them.

Just like I loved the Falcons, Bengals (except for the white stripe), Texans, and Cards before them, I love these Jerseys. The Vikings and Reebok really did a good job with these. Modern without going too far.

Well, I HATE the fact that the side stripes are different colors one each one meaning the only way each set of pants can only go with one jersey. I just HATE that. Pant should be interchangable with any jersey.

I really like the jerseys, but I can't stand that fact.

For what it's worth, the Vikings will be the first team since the original (the Broncos) in the NFL to introduce jerseys that have different colored side stripes.

For everyone that was "dreading" how bad these new uniforms were going to look, I think you all were jumping to conclusions. Face it, these are better than the out-of-date unis they have been wearing.

Face what? Better how?

My math says: old jersey - UCLA-style shoulder stripes - a lot of the gold trim + borrowed sleeve element from the Patriots + contrast-colored side panel that's 5 years past trendy + logo over player name + slight tweak of number font with noticeable change in player name font = no better, and actually a step backwards from what were some sweet threads (the inconsistency between home and road aside).

They're not bad as compared to some other recent redesigns, but to glibly expect people to say these are demonstrably better because you think so isn't going to hold up.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Allow me to be the first hater to :censored: in everybody's Cheerios on this one (but then again, I'm a Packer fan, so take it with a big ol' shakerful of salt.) (bow)

These suck-diddley-uck.

The shoulder stripe is very Pats-esque, but having a colored trim stripe on top and not bottom looks unbalanced, and because it's on TOP, it doesn't suggest the Vikes' helmet-horn logo at all.

The broken collar stripe is just inanely stupid.

Using the old number font, but just softening the edges a bit? Goofy, but not offensive...but the nameplate font just doesn't match.

And what the hell was wrong with the Viking head logo on the sleeves? I actually kinda liked that. Now, the sleeves below the Pats stripe are just...plain. Too much blah space.

And WTF is the Viking head doing ABOVE the nameplate on the back? What are these, WWE T-shirts!? :shocked:

The old Viking road whites were classic...if evil. These...feh.

Way to continue to screw up, Vikings...you continue to make 1265 Lombardi Ave's boys look good, while you look like @ss.

This pretty much sums it up for me. The bronco-esque sleeves (i.e. nothing on them) are bad.

But the collar. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I can't even look at it without cringing.

(And they're giving up the best white jersey in the league...)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived