New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

Not bad. Could have been a whole lot worse.

Not a huge fan of adding the logo to the back collar, but it could have been a lot worse.

Who would've thought that my Cardinals would be trend-setters when it comes to uniform elements?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally indeed...

*EDIT* PICS REMOVED

Well....so there we are. Thanks for the link.

I guess they shouldn't been posted after all. Maybe try that link?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Still wish we could see the helmet logo. It does appear that it probably matches up with the one on the site we've all been noticing.

Not sure I like the pant-stripe thing. At least it's not a gradient like I feared.

I hate the all-Purple socks with Purple pants as well. Is it that difficult to come up with a pair of White socks with Purple and Gold stripes on them? Does anyone like the "leotard" look?

In action, the compairison to the Patriots isn't as strong... I'm as big a fan of the 60's Viking uniform as anyone, but I have to admit, the old look just doesn't fly on the new cut of jersey. I expected to break down and cry when I saw this, but I actually am a little excited. Don't love the pants stripe, but don't despise it either. And the jersey is... well... (big *sigh*)... kinda cool. (You have no idea how hard that was.)

What I hate (HATE, HATE, HATE) the road sox... leotards must die.

But... BLACK SHOES, BABY!!!!!!

I keep getting this password thing popping up. I can't see any of the pictures. What the hell!?!?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I truly love the jerseys after seeing them on the players.

The one thing I really dont' like is the purple pants -- specifically the side panels. The transfer from purple to white on the panels is more awkward than I thought they would be. It just looks funny. Purple pants in general i don't mind, but I don't think these are executed that well.

7622.jpg

This illustrates two problems with them:

- What's up with the J in that typeset?

- I don't like the yellow trim coming to a point. I'd like it a lot more were the yellow trim to end where the "horn" does.

Otherwise, I generally like them. I do have to echo gosioux's point about the pants.

Oh, and where is this magical outdoor stadium they're showing them off in? ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

These aren't HORRIBLE, but they do suck. They were so close, a few things different and these could have been great.

1. remove sidestripe from jerseys. It looks like crap, it never matches up with the stripe on the pants (see Brad Johnson photo), and it always looks ridiculous on lineman.

2. Eliminate the top part of the stripe on the pants and make the entire stripe the same color

3. Make white socks to wear with the purple pants.

4. Have the colored collar go all the way around.

If those easy steps were done, these jerseys would be a very good, acceptable update. As it stands, they suck.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

don't you mean we will be waiting for everyone to complain.

Last year, everyone complained about the Cards new unis. And comparing them to ATL. But the moment you got to see them in action, they were fine.

Um, nope.

In action, they're still as goofy as they looked in the unveiling. :P

Archived