New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

Not too shabby...could have been a whole heck of a lot worse.

Not really liking the leotard look with the purple pants and purple sox too much...and I'm not a fan of the Viking head being on the back either...

Other than that, it's really not too bad.

BTW, (since Mockba asked somewhat facetiously and someone else asked seriously) they did the shots at Giants Stadium...which is kind of ironic seeing it was the scene of one of the worst moments in Viking history (that NFC title game when the Giants destroyed them)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, (since Mockba asked) it looks like they did the shots at Giants Stadium...I have no idea as to why, but ah well..that's the NFL and RBK for ya's...

That was my first impression, too.

As for the socks... I'm so far past giving up on the NFL and socks (never mind MLB and the NBA), I didn't even notice. Yes, purple socks plus purple pants is a BAD, BAD IDEA. But we all knew that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They go pretty well alongside the Falcons, Cardinals, Bengals and Patriots in the new-look NFL.

I don't think that's a good thing, but THANKFULLY, there is no all purple set. Not yet, at least.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

BTW, (since Mockba asked somewhat facetiously and someone else asked seriously) they did the shots at Giants Stadium...which is kind of ironic seeing it was the scene of one of the worst moments in Viking history (that NFC title game when the Giants destroyed them)

I'm pretty sure the Twin Cities media reported earlier last month that Brad Johnson and Co. were flown to New York for the uniform fitting. It's fitting they went over to Giants Stadium for the promo pictures as part of that event.

They go pretty well alongside the Falcons, Cardinals, Bengals and Patriots in the new-look NFL.

I don't think that's a good thing, but THANKFULLY, there is no all purple set. Not yet, at least.

well if they do an all-purple Grimace look, the side panels on the pants and jersey won't match up

newuni39do.jpg

newuni52tf.jpg

do we have confirmation that the horns on the helmet have some sort of shading on them to add dimension? It's hard to tell in the pics that we have...

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

well if they do an all-purple Grimace look, the side panels on the pants and jersey won't match up

You're right. White on white has the same issue. But i agree with PANTONE in his post earlier showing the white-on-white look that the mismatched panel thing doesn't seem atrocious on these uniforms. I'd say the same thing about an all-purple look if I could any way condone such a monochromatic monstrosity.

In my mind, this is one of the best uniform updates ever. It pays enough respect to the past, while being forward thinking. It takes into account the modern cut of uniforms and has design elements placed efficiently. The sleeve 'horn' works in my mind because it's not too literal, but ties everything in with the helmet.

I can see how people who are unwilling to accept anything other than 50-80s style would be disappointed, but for anyone who appreciates the modern style, I think these are a shining example.

Thank you Keith, i was trying to write a retort without sounding disrespectful to those who do find the supposed golden age of football's uniforms to be the best.

(btw, THIS is the golden age of football...so)

I echo this exactly.

This hits home because the queens are my team. Even when i grew up in Madison WI i was a big purple fan. This is unique enough (hey, same people making the jerseys...you know you are going to draw comparisons,) without going over the line, or listenting to players (see also: Cincy.)

It ties in everything that works, and it does a great service to those who love color, and their combonations...it de-emphasizes yellow as i predicted. I love the vikes, but with the 96 changes, TOO much yellow was used. Purple and Yellow are flat out terrible colors. We are purple, yellow has been again relegated to a near anonymous accent color like in years past, this i adore.

Im glad we didnt go drastic and add another color. I really have to say this is the first time i will applaud "RBK" in quite sometime.

kudos, you nailed it.

Well, I have to say I like these, and they rank with the Falcons as an example of a modernised unifrom done right. I am a little ambivalent on the pants striping, but at least the white panels on the pants don't look as nakedly bad as they do on the Bengals atrocity. I like that they kept the Norseman logo on the jersey, but then I liked the trend for the logos above the names when the NBA did it, and even when the cards did it.

As for the jerseys, I am so happy that the home & road finally use the same template which was always my biggest peeve with the vikings. And, yes the striping does resemble NEw England's, but so what? New England have a fantastic set (if they took the silver out) and the yellow trim aping the horned look just about works.

My only real criticism is the leotard look of the purple socks'n'pants and the 'J' of the name font.

I give it a solid B (The old set was a B- for the non matching)

so: UPGRADE!

I see only three things wrong with the new unis.

1. The collar. Whose :censored: idea was it to cut the collar off? it looks tacky and stupid.

2. The pants. From these pics, they look hideous, especially when poorly matched with the side striping on the tops.

3. The trim in the back. Why does it come to a point? Silly...

But with all that in mind, this is still a good update. The horns tie in with the helmet perfectly, and look nice. Just the right amount of yellow, no unnecessary black, and plenty of purple. This will be great to see in action.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

I like them. A lot. And I'm a diehard Vikings fan.

I think other Viking fans will also love them.

There are some things I would rather have seen them do, like different pants stripes and better use of color on the collar. But overall these are very good. As said before, it's a blend of traditional and modern, and comes out really nice.

The big worry I had -- and I think a lot of other Viking fans had -- was the helmet. There were rumors out that the horns would be taken off. That would have been a HUGE mistake. Bigger than taking the gray off the Ohio State sleeves.

Now, I write this a little over an hour before the actual unveiling. I hope these are the actual uniforms that are unveiled. If not, I may have some words to eat.

1. Collar = dumb. I hate collar that don't come around, and pretty much hate collars in general. But this is just terrible.

2. Pant striping and side panels...ugh. These things are terrible. The shoulder horns are cool and work, the side panels that sort of match the pants are just ugly. If they had done the side panels but kept them a solid color or just made them piping, it would look a lot better. Now the norseman's confined to a little box, and it throws me off.

3. Just a little too Broncos-esque for my taste. The Broncos look good, don't get me wrong, but this is just trying a little too hard to emulate them.

4. Black shoes? That's a complete dumbass move. I did some quick (bad) photoshopping to see what the shoes would look like white, and they look incredibly better! 76275dt1xb.jpg

75/100 C...somewhat of an upgrade.

How much longer can the Bears and Packers hold on before they too fall?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived