New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will get some getting used to. I liked the old jerseys. The new white jerseys look alright to me, but the that white striping on the home purples just doesn't look right to me, even if it is the same style....

I saw, I came, I left.

FINALLY, THE BILLS HAVE A COMPETITOR FOR WORST UPDATE IN THE LEAGUE.

THESE SUCK.

THEY TOTALLY DE-EMPHASIZE YELLOW. I WISH THE SHOULDER STRIPES WERE YELLOW---THERE'S TOO MUCH WHITE HERE.

TOO JAZZY. THE OLD VIKES ROAD JERSEYS WERE CLASSY AND MERELY ADDING PURPLE PANTS (W/O ANY REDESIGN) WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT.

THIS IS AWFUL.

7645.jpg

this is the best pic of the helmet so far. I think by the shape of it you can tell it is the logo from the website that we all thought would be the new helmet logo.

I'm missing what the difference is.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I can't believe there are no decent shots of the helmet yet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

side note: and a funny one.

The link on the vikings homepage to the pictures. is

and i kid you not...

http://vikingscmap.atomicplaypen.net/DAM_public/7644.jpg

Haha, seems like they may not have been to thrilled with purplepride.org and ourselves...

...Well done, Gentlemen!

That shot of Johnson dropping back, I swear I saw that little ripple on the front of the horn, like a jagged barb wire almost.

Looks like its definately changed, but it looks subtle.

I was wondering about that myself. Soon they will have REAL horns on the helmets :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm, not seeing this "different number font" people are talking about. Maybe I'm going blind... somebody fill me in.

The numbers are slightly rounded on the corners, similar to the Cardinals number font.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Is it me, or is that a black facemask ... ? :blink:

no, it's purple, their facemask has always looked darker than the helmet, it has something to do with the facemask material. The helmet seems brighter on the shell because it has a glitter effect.

<_< My .02... probably worth less than that. Overall, not as bad as I was expecting. I would have loved to see them go back to the Northwestern stripes on both home and road, with the purple pants and sock stripes. But then again, I guess I'm a bit too traditionalist. That said, I think the jerseys are decent, save for the aforementioned "points" near the back, the logo above the name and the side panels. They could have kept the basic sleeve designs sans the side panels. But...absolutely hate the pants. What the....I just don't see the whole thought process here. And I also can't stand the leotard purple socks with pants look. How hard is it to have "white striped socks" with dark pants in the NFL these days?? Was there some sort mandate from the NFL preventing teams from following logic in regards to basic design? Anyway - enough of my "old school" ranting. I think they could make this work with a few tweaks to satisfy everyone.

Archived