New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not shabby.

I do agree with folks about the fact that these will look very "2006" in about 15 years. The piping and side panel idea, while it looks fine now, will scream "the '00s redesign."

The collar is fine, the side panels are fine.

The part that bugs me is the back:

7648.jpg

It looks like the lines were designed form the front, and when they came towards the back, they didnt really have a plan and just said.. "uhm... ok.. uhh.. make the striping meet... here. Sure. Great."

Very sloppy looking where the point form the shoulder meets the point from the underarm, where the yellow piping takes a hard left turn. Awkward.

Otherwise, I hate purple in sports.

Nice uniforms, vikings.

Bears, if you dare change your unis, just to keep pace, it will be a sad day.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Although this is a pic of a mini helmet, it gives you a pretty good idea of what the updated logo looks like.

2ae26a15614a26d05311ecd276c7ca18.jpg

If the goal was to make the horn look more "3D"ish, they failed. On a positive note, the horn does look slightly larger, of which I do approve.

metslogo_215.gif

Unfortunately I don't know the color of the shadows yet. However, if you look at how the updates "blend" into the outer portion of the horn, it would suggest that they are purple (since the entire horn is not going to be trimmed in black. Just my thoughts.....

when I look at the top of the horn, where the highlight is hitting the helmet, the outline looks black to me, the color difference is quite apparent. I'm torn as to wether I like it. Part of me thinks it helps it pop out, the other side feels it's too cartoony and the black seems misplaced. Hard to tell, just have to wait and see one in person or a better product shot.

I think there's a pretty small chance they added a black outline to the horn... That supposed black along the top seems pretty obviously a light trick on the edge of the decal. I like how, on this board, we go from "is that a...?", to "I think I might see a...", directly to "I hate that...!"

If they added a pointless black outline to the horn, I'll be unhappy, but really, I don't think it happened.

I give it a solid B. The team obviously needed an update, and overall, I like this. It's modern without being Buffalo/Cincy horrible. So, good job on their part.

The only negatives in my opinion, and these have been stated already, is that the way the side panels come to a point in the back looks stupid, and the font for the player name is horrible.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

I think the biggest negative is that, like all Minnesota teams, it will look like crap in the Metrodome.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

These are versions of the helmet that I photoshopped. I don't know if I have the size and placement of the horns exactly right, but you can compare the changes to the style of the horn. In all the reports I've read, I haven't heard anything about a black outline on the horn. Since the picture posted was of a mini helmet, I'm guessing the black outline that we're seeing on it is a function of the lighting and of the decal they used.

Old:

VikingsCurrent.jpg

New:

NewHelmet.jpg

6664uv.jpg

Wow these just keep getting worse and worse as we see more views.

What exactly is it about that helmet makes it so much worse? It's a subtle, subtle change. Think about it - it could be A LOT worse. I like the helmet, I like the home jerseys, not so sure about the purple pants. It's a decent update.

I don't like the new helmet logo. I think the jagged edges are uneccessary. The shape of the horn already gave the the effect they were looking for.

Overall I find all the changes to be a huge drop off from their previous set.

Just my opinion, but here goes:

1. Helmet Change = nice, sleek, and a little more realistic....makes my Scandanavian heritage proud!

2. Jersey = bit of a Pats/Cards mix. I think it would look SOOOOO much better without the side stripes. Take those out and this would look amazing.

3. Pants = nice....don't even really mind the blend of the two colors. However, no side stipes and therefore, a single color pant stripe would look better imo

4. Socks = BAD BAD BAD with the purple pants. Vikings now have the leotard effect! NO! NO! NO! They need some yellow on top of those purple socks to break it up a bit.

Best change = Helmet.

Just my opinion, but here goes:

1. Helmet Change = nice, sleek, and a little more realistic....makes my Scandanavian heritage proud!

2. Jersey = bit of a Pats/Cards mix. I think it would look SOOOOO much better without the side stripes. Take those out and this would look amazing.

3. Pants = nice....don't even really mind the blend of the two colors. However, no side stipes and therefore, a single color pant stripe would look better imo

4. Socks = BAD BAD BAD with the purple pants. Vikings now have the leotard effect! NO! NO! NO! They need some yellow on top of those purple socks to break it up a bit.

Best change = Helmet.

1. Though vikings never actually had horns on their helmets. But I agree. This makes the horns a bit more realistic.

2. Not as bad as I feared. I'll just miss the old white jersey so much.

3. Not fond of the pants. I like the idea of purple pants with white jerseys and am very glad not to see a purple monocrhome.

4. No doubt. The purple socks should not go with the purple pants.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's modern without being wild. In the conservative NFC Norris...er, North Division, I don't think a bold new design would fit in.

Much better than the Cardinals last year, who still remind me of the Falcons in their new unis.

I wasn't sure about the purple pants, but they look good with the way they've been desinged.

(A side-note on side-panels, I don't know why so many people have a problem with them. What I'm not a big fan of is piping, which I think has been wayyy overdone. I'm old enought to remember when piping was popular in the '70s, but when it went out of style no one would be caught dead with piping. I wonder if that is going to happen again when this lastest fad ends.)

Overall, I like them! ^_^

It's not too bad. I'm just glad they didn't go too far like the Cardinals and the Falcons. I give it a B minus. I'm not gonna repeat what everyone else said about the side panels on the pants 'cuz I agree with them. I like the helmet the way it is, or was. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

The more and more I look at these unis, the more I realize how dated the previous ones were. But that doesn't mean the old ones were bad. I actually liked them alot and own a couple of the oldies. But I do like the new ones, I think it was a nice update. B+, my only qualms being that the yellow accent lines actually meet up on the back of the jersey.

7650.jpg

To me, it's unnecessary.

Also don't like the leotard look - some striped socks would be ALOT better. Just look at the Pats unis when they sport the navy pants with the striped socks. Just looks good!

my only qualms being that the yellow accent lines actually meet up on the back of the jersey.

7650.jpg

To me, it's unnecessary.

I agree:

76500lx.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived