New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

Actually, I think the uniforms should have large shields hanging from the sides, like a Viking ship. They wouldn't be able to play well in them, but it's not like they're playing well now.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe like toledo but with their UCLA stripe also, so instead of a single color stripe its multicolored...

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think the Toledo design is a Russell Athletic design. I highly doubt designers at Reebok (sorry...RBK,) would just use another companies template. I know Reebok has its obvious design issues, but i'm thinking this could merely mean the horns will be on the sleeves, and it will be futuristic.

...wait thats pretty gross too.

I do remember last year before their unveiling when there were rumors of the Cards uni's being Broncos/Falconesque and that was pretty much dead on. So this really worries me. However it is in contrary to the comments of the Vikings owner Zygi Wilf who said the changes would be subtle. So maybe just maybe the Pioneer Press is wrong God knows it would'nt be the first time with that publication.

Come to think of it, Denver and San Diego could almost be like the Patriots.

...But would'nt they just say they looked like the Patriots.

But there is some precedence of teams imitating the looks of successful franchises, but you generally see it in college mimicing their professional counterparts. (Kansas State-Dallas, Iowa-Pittsburg)

maybe like toledo but with their UCLA stripe also, so instead of a single color stripe its multicolored...

Go back to that Toledo photo ...

2004-08-16-inside-mac.jpg

Now substitute purple for all the dark blue, and add a purple facemask to the helmet, and I bet that's how the road uni will substantially look. We now have two precedents for colored shoulders (Bills and Cards) on white jerseys, after all.

Home will probably have purple jerseys with the gold shoulder stripes.

Packers-2.png

got this off of NFLfans.com only difference to me is the horns are gold I don't really see the 3d aspcect but intereseting looks like they are copying the Rams by switching from yellow gold to vegas gold. I would rather they saty with yellow gold.

Vikingsnew.jpg

this is NOT the helmet. Its a photoshop job. I saw that on nfl-fans too.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

We now have two precedents for colored shoulders (Bills and Cards) on white jerseys, after all.

You forgot the Bengals. As bad as I think it looks, colored shoulders on white jerseys is the trendy thing for NFL teams to do these days.

Why update the Vikings logo?

As a Vikings fan AND a Norwegian-American (in other words, a descendent of the real Vikings), I say it's perfect the way it is.

Let's leave well enough alone. Enough of changing for the sake of change. Look where it got the Toronto Blue Jays.

Just so you know you're not a descendent of Vikings, but people who raided. While "Vikings" has become synomous with the Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians of history anyone who raids "went viking" or were "vikings". Most people of those times weren't in the same position (population boom with little farmable land) as the Scandanavians so they were content to stay at home.

No! Don't change any uniform ever! I love my tradition and would never support a team that ever updated anything.

Good! Its about time, the Vikings had the worst uniform in sports. They have needed updating for 38 years, and I hope they look like space suits, reflective silver, glass helmets and all.

Hey, I found this photograph of the internal unveiling of the new unis. Sure, its a sketch in MS Paint of a re-colored Rams helmet, but I bet its real.

Where are they? What?s taking so long? After we hear a rumor, the unis should be released to us immediately, because we are privileged people!

I hate the Falcons unis, cause they scare me with their panels and colors and modern, clean lines.

I love the Falcons unis, cause they excite me with their panels and colors and modern, clean lines.

They are gonna look like the Broncos and the Chargers? So they will have electrified horse heads? Why would the Vikings change to blue and yellow and orange? I cant imagine how terrible they will look with lighting bolts across the sleeves and giant orange commas on the ribs.

I think they should have a giant Viking ship for a helmet, with real swords and axes hanging from them, like dangling in peoples faces. That should make them hard to tackle. Plus, I think they should put the horny V sublimated on the front of the jersey, huge, like, from the top to the bottom, with the horns going down the sleeves, behind the numbers. And then, down the back like a tribal tattoo, crossed axes with bloody Indian heads rolling around down the pants legs.

I love purple pants, my old high school bully bought me some at Express for Men, and took me to a club, and it?s the kind where I can kneel at a urinal and not get dirty looks.

Purple offends me and threatens my manliness to an extent that I shall cast aspersions upon all who wear anything but charcoal black, blood red, or some shade of deep blue. Those are the only manly colors and should be the only ones used anywhere.

I?m a Viking and am invading Newfoundland as we speak. I have on purple pants, so that will be perfect for the team. I am not wearing horns on my helmet, though. On MY helmet is a picture of my cousin Bludgeoning Sven and his decadent golden dreadlocks.

It is obvious they are going to look just like Toledo and UCLA with UNC and NC State mix with some Notre Dame and East Lehigh High School but more like the Georgia Force and The Austin Wranglers mixed with that Toronto concept Mings did with all the serifs, combined with that Marinerzzz thing Lamicus did (or was it Yale?) unless they go with the USC shoulders and the Harvard pants to match the 70?s Eagles helmets but with actual gold leaf for the horns, but 3d, molded on the side of the helmet in paper mache, so when the RB hits the line, they explode into paper shreds everywhere.

OK, I think that?s just about enough idiocy in this thread. Can we all settle down for a minute? They will be released before the draft. Then, some of us will bemoan the over-modernization, some will celebrate the forward thinking, others will say they didn?t go far enough, still more will say they went too far. Many will say they suck, then there will be a groundswell of ?call me crazy, but I like them.? This will soon be followed by people claiming to have already purchased a game-worn authentic, closely tailed by goofy concepts posted of ?what they should have done.? Then, some duplicate threads with the same pictures form the press conference.

That?s how this works, people.

Should be fun. I can?t wait.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

This is a message board about sports logos and sports uniforms. Any amount of conjecture involving those two topics -- no matter how minute or superfluous -- should be allowed.

Would you go on a recipe board and mock people for wanting more recipes? Would you go to a politics board and ask people to talk about something else?

No one's forcing you to read about Vikings uniforms. If you're bored with the topic, perhaps there is something else here to hold your interest.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm not really seeing the Toledo connection. If it wasn't for the fact that Toledo is also navy and Yellow, there isn't much there that makes you think "Chargers". My guess is that whoever saw the new Vikings Uni and thought of the Chargers was thinking about the numbers. Besides the obvious lightning bolts, the only other constant Charger uni device for the past 30 years has been that split-outline block number system. If you saw those same numbers, same colors, just on a purple background instead of navy, you'd think that looked a little like the chargers. I'm not saying it won't have the dark road shoulders, but that Rocket outfit is too slapped together lokking for an NFL team.

Ok, here's my completely out-of-left-field guess. Picture the Bronco's uniform, alter the orange stripes that meet at the neckline to gold stipes that travel under the sleeves, over the shoulders and come to a point (like a backwards New England shoulder). Change the Blue to Purple, throw on the charger's split-outline numbers, and there you go.

Or not. Who knows?

No! Don't change any uniform ever! I love my tradition and would never support a team that ever updated anything.

Good! Its about time, the Vikings had the worst uniform in sports. They have needed updating for 38 years, and I hope they look like space suits, reflective silver, glass helmets and all.

Hey, I found this photograph of the internal unveiling of the new unis. Sure, its a sketch in MS Paint of a re-colored Rams helmet, but I bet its real.

Where are they? What?s taking so long? After we hear a rumor, the unis should be released to us immediately, because we are privileged people!

I hate the Falcons unis, cause they scare me with their panels and colors and modern, clean lines.

I love the Falcons unis, cause they excite me with their panels and colors and modern, clean lines.

They are gonna look like the Broncos and the Chargers? So they will have electrified horse heads? Why would the Vikings change to blue and yellow and orange? I cant imagine how terrible they will look with lighting bolts across the sleeves and giant orange commas on the ribs.

I think they should have a giant Viking ship for a helmet, with real swords and axes hanging from them, like dangling in peoples faces. That should make them hard to tackle. Plus, I think they should put the horny V sublimated on the front of the jersey, huge, like, from the top to the bottom, with the horns going down the sleeves, behind the numbers. And then, down the back like a tribal tattoo, crossed axes with bloody Indian heads rolling around down the pants legs.

I love purple pants, my old high school bully bought me some at Express for Men, and took me to a club, and it?s the kind where I can kneel at a urinal and not get dirty looks.

Purple offends me and threatens my manliness to an extend that I shall cast aspersions upon all who wear anything but charcoal black, blood red, or some shade of deep blue. Those are the only manly colors and should be the only ones used anywhere.

I?m a Viking and am invading Newfoundland as we speak. I have on purple pants, so that will be perfect for the team. I am not wearing horns on my helmet, though. On MY helmet is a picture of my cousin Bludgeoning Sven and his decadent golden dreadlocks.

It is obvious they are going to look just like Toledo and UCLA with UNC and NC State mix with some Notre Dame and East Lehigh High School but more like the Georgia Force and The Austin Wranglers mixed with that Toronto concept Mings did with all the serifs, combined with that Marinerzzz thing Lamicus did (or was it Yale?) unless they go with the USC shoulders and the Harvard pants to match the 70?s Eagles helmets but with actual gold leaf for the horns, but 3d, molded on the side of the helmet in paper mache, so when the RB hits the line, they explode into paper shreds everywhere.

OK, I think that?s just about enough idiocy in this thread. Can we all settle down for a minute? They will be released before the draft. Then, some of us will bemoan the over-modernization, some will celebrate the forward thinking, others will say they didn?t go far enough, still more will say they went too far. Many will say they suck, then there will be a groundswell of ?call me crazy, but I like them.? This will soon be followed by people claiming to have already purchased a game-worn authentic, closely tailed by goofy concepts posted of ?what they should have done.? Then, some duplicate threads with the same pictures form the press conference.

This could be one of the funniest posts I've ever read.

Especially at this board.

Great laughs.

Purple offends me and threatens my manliness to an extend that I shall cast aspersions upon all who wear anything but charcoal black, blood red, or some shade of deep blue. Those are the only manly colors and should be the only ones used anywhere.

of the

MILLENIUM

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

i've got a feeling they'll be similar to the broncos uniforms, only purple and yellow...

the chargers connection is, in my mind, a hint that they'll be purple/purple/purple, like the charges all-navy look.

just my guess...

Archived