NY Jets

snetsrak43

You're adding blue to the Jets?

Yeaaaaah no. That's not gonna work at all. Jets need to stick to green and white (and possibly black/gray as an accent).

Their uniforms are among the best and I knew it would be hard to match so thought, if you can't make it better, make something radical for the hell of it.

I'd really like some C&C not so much on how usuable it is, but how the concept in general is. Thanks.

brianurlacher.png

Yeaaaaah no. That's not gonna work at all. Jets need to stick to green and white (and possibly black/gray as an accent).

Their uniforms are among the best and I knew it would be hard to match so thought, if you can't make it better, make something radical for the hell of it.

I'd really like some C&C not so much on how usuable it is, but how the concept in general is. Thanks.

You're critiquing my comment? lol alright fine, here's my honest criticism of your concept.

It's extremely shabby work. There's little to no detail in the uniforms themselves at all. The number font will never work on an NFL uniform, and the numerals are far too big to begin with. It looks like if a player tucked their jersey in, you wouldn't be able to see the bottom half of the numerals. The shade of blue you chose completely contrasts with the shade of green since they're both dark and don't complement each other in the least. This is most notably shown in the primary logo you recolored, since you can barely read the "JETS" text now. The names on the backs of the jerseys aren't even where the nameplates are located; you put the text far too low.

I could continue, but you get my point. Completely rework these and put much more time into your next effort.

mawae? not anymore. oh, and dont add navy just for the hell of it please, do it because it looks good or it matches at least, which is does neither of. shrink down the numbers, change the color u added, and maybe add a little more to the jerseys. they feel like they are lacking something. maybe the team name above the front numbers, or maybe a logo on the shoulder.

Not flowin at all with the navy blue.

To me, it makes Gang Green look more like a bad copy of the Seattle Seahawks before they went to their new colors.

Green & Blue is a nice combo (see: old school Mavs, Seahawks, Whalers), but not for the Jets.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

You're critiquing my comment? lol alright fine, here's my honest criticism of your concept.

It's extremely shabby work. There's little to no detail in the uniforms themselves at all. The number font will never work on an NFL uniform, and the numerals are far too big to begin with. It looks like if a player tucked their jersey in, you wouldn't be able to see the bottom half of the numerals. The shade of blue you chose completely contrasts with the shade of green since they're both dark and don't complement each other in the least. This is most notably shown in the primary logo you recolored, since you can barely read the "JETS" text now. The names on the backs of the jerseys aren't even where the nameplates are located; you put the text far too low.

I could continue, but you get my point. Completely rework these and put much more time into your next effort.

Yes thank you, those are the types of comments I want. I would like to improve and this type of critique helps a lot more than "yaaaa no." Honestly saying somethin like that comes of as a real jerk comment, thats all.

And for the record, you made it seem like this was a concept i just did in half an hour or something, which it was not. I do put effort into these.

brianurlacher.png

A strong no on the blue. Green and blue just doesn't jive and it never will.

The Hartford Whalers and the best uniforms the Seattle Seahwaks ever had would also disagree with your assessment.

Green and blue CAN work together, but it's not working right here. The colors are both too dark, especially without any contrast to seaprate them.

And what's with the Steelers-esque number font? Different yes, but not for the better.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived