greenville naturals

fiasco!

Joel, I am proud of all the work you have done with this. I love how this has grown. Only two suggesions. Change the backgorund sky color back to the creamy orange. It gives a peaceful sense of a hazy summer sunset. Have you ever tried to put Greenville above Naturals while outlined in the blue? i would try that and drop the Naturals font a little bit, so Greenville doesn't take up as much of Joe. Well done, my friend. :grin:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok...

? didn't want to do a tail, but made it look more like an extension of the shield

? i'm loving the sky blue more than orange

? fixed the mountains

? fixed the 's'

? fixed the outline around 'greenville"

?moved 'greenville' over

Naturals9.gif

Ok, man.. this is awesome.

The greenville move is golden.. looks like the bottom of the sheild now, which is tight.

I'm also feeling the orange background, though it seems you have vetoed it. Damn wives controling a mf'ers life.

The mountains I'm not feeling. better than the last, but not distictively mountians.

In any case, this is becoming one of my favorite logos.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I love everything about this, with the exception the the blue sky. I love the creamy orange gives it that perfect summer vibe. It also makes me want a orange creamscicle, but I digress.

Your font choices were perfect. Ballpark was made for this type of project! I like the mountain backdrop because that's how the Blue Ridge mountains look. And of course, that silhouette is the glue and is ridiculously well done.

Pat yourself on the back, bud. You knocked it out of the park with this one.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The new location, curve, and font of "Greenville" is spot-on. I'm fine with the mountains, and your "editorial decision" for the sky color is acceptable, too. he "s," however, does not appear to be fixed according to the posters' suggestions. Is this an ovesight or is that how you want it?

I'd additionally suggest either widening "Greenville" so that it spans the shield's entire width or shortening it so it starts directly underneath where the silhouette's leftmost foot is. Or neither. :)

Also, is it just me or is the main color in the "Naturals" text whiter?

Wow. That's just awesome. The only thing I would even think of changing is the "s" at the end of Naturals, cutting off its little tale. Thus:

naturals.png

But as-is, you've got a logo that deserves to have said of it, in Samuel L. Jackson's voice, Daaammmnnn.

20082614447.png

While I'm still hoping for the cream-colored sky, this is an amazing logo.

Well done Joel!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

:boogie:(dance):boogie:

It's party time, Joel. You nailed it. It is perfect. Even the blue sky. I would love to see that Naturals font on the front of a jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Needs some black. And a gradient or 2 wouldn't kill you, either...

:lol:

Just kidding - this turned out really really well. And a neat part of it was sitting back and watching this evolve from what it was to what it is. A lot of intelligence and creativity went in to this, and the results speak for themselves. This is one to be proud of (Joel mostly, but also for everyone who helped shape this along the way).

Still, it's no Wyoming Marinerzz, but then again, what is? :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow it looks amazing now. I love the colour scheme and I'm glad that you kept the cream in there.

As much as I like the new "Greenville" font, I hope you keep the old script for a road jersey wordmark. That would look sick.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Now that I have a good monitor, I retract myself. The blue sky looks amazing! I was seeing it in grey... ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I love how you put the Greenville Joel, it looks awesome. As far as the mountains, I like em as is, just because in the Eastern part of the country, thats mountains (I believe its the Smokies still there right?).

Only other think I can suggest is maybe try to have the mountains in blue just to see what it looks like and to reduce the colors a bit. But it might not work out right.

Besides that, its absolutely golden. You put it up on a cafepress shop and I'll buy one definitely.

And no, nothing beats the Marinerzzzzzzz.

Nice follow-up!

I say the cleats are a little too out-there, and the cap logo should drop the shield and thickent he blue outline.

I think the alternates should be a totally different style and incorporate a lot more green, but I'm looking forward to what you've got in store.

Listen to your wife. Put me in the blue sky category on the logo.

As for the unis, two comments:

1. I think leaving the shield in the cap logo makes it a little busy. Maybe try the G without the shield to see how it works.

2. The orange front panel doesn't seem to fit with the old time feel you have been going for all along. I would prefer to see a solid color cap (probably the blue).

3. I agree with PhilaLogos that the number font doesn't quite seem to fit. Maybe the Red Sox number font would seal the deal.

All in all, great work on the logo and the unis.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived