Frozen Four Bracket

Joshawaggie

Wilson - Awesome bracket, thanks.

usahockeyrube - Man, you put me in the wayback machine on that one.

"ohjsndf mafoafa m[fjaf m afmjas famf af pfkpamf."

"What him say?"

"He say Go Go Gophers are awesome!" :D

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

I guess the seeding was heavily influenced by Brian Elliott's injury. The Badgers won't have to leave the state to play again this year (win or lose). Let's just hope that we get to the Bradley Center for the Frozen Four.

It's where I sit.

Well at least Maine got a #3 seed. After that abysmal performance at the Hockey East tournament this past weekend (I was there), I thought they might get bounced entirely.

Nice job on the bracket. Sadly, I'm picking BU to win the whole thing. They're scoring goals but the truckload.

mainescarf.png

Well, not exactly.

2005:

NCAA_05FrozenFour-logo-150.jpg

2004:

denv-frozen-four-150.gif

2003:

frozenfour.jpg

2002:

NCAAfrozenfour2002.jpg

(best example I could find)

2001:

f4logo.gif

2002 is easily the best and most creative of the bunch. 2004 wasn't too shabby, either.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Could this be the year of my all-rodent final? Wisconsin vs Michigan, exterminators around the country cringe.

Badgers and Wolverines aren't actually rodents (they're in the weasel family), but Gophers and Beavers are...

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!

Minnesota!

Minnesota!

Yaaaaayy Gophers!

(Rah)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Although a BU - BC second round game would be awesome, I want to see Nebraska-Omaha do well.

That said, Go Eagles! Ohio State - Oxford Campus going doooown.

If the BU/BC second round game was anything like their game Saturday night, it would be epic for sure.

I'd probably root for BC in that one, as I discovered the BU fans have some of the most non-creative and dumbest cheers in the world. The less I have to hear those the better.

Such gems as:

"1-2-3-4 *clapclapclapclapclapclapclap* rah rah rah rah BC Sucks! *clapclapclapclapclapclapclap* rah rah rah rah BC Sucks! Hey! Go BU! Go BU! Go BU!"

...or chanting "@$$hole" every time one of their players gets knocked down (or takes a dive, you make the call).

I expected more from such a hallowed institution of higher learning. At least us Maine fans got a "Where's your Beanpot?" chant going in the semi-final game against BC.

mainescarf.png

Could this be the year of my all-rodent final? Wisconsin vs Michigan, exterminators around the country cringe.

Badgers and Wolverines aren't actually rodents (they're in the weasel family), but Gophers and Beavers are...

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!

Minnesota!

Minnesota!

Yaaaaayy Gophers!

(Rah)

B-E-M-I-D-J-I!

Bemidji!

Bemidji!

Go Beavers!

Thanks to Wilson and his logos, we can decide an all-logo Frozen Four -- that is, a Frozen Four based solely on how cool the logos are.

For example:

Colorado College wins the Green Bay Regional, Maine edges New Hampshire in the Albany Regional, Boston College gets by Miami in the Worcester Regional and North Dakota wins at home in the Grand Forks Regional.

Maine beats Colorado College in one semifinal while North Dakota knocks off Boston College in the other.

Maine beats North Dakota for the Frozen Four Logo Championship.

At least that's the way I see it.

It is about time that UNO got into the tourny. It has been too long for this part of the nation to not get involved with NCAA Hockey.

And with that, it's time to roundup some Terriers and have ourselves a little Boston Flambe!

The college hockey playoffs are and oddly run deal.

Unlike basketball, teams that are hosting regionals are placed at home regardless of merit. This year North Dakota and one of the Boston schools are hosting regionals so they get to play at home strictly for attendance/financial reasons. How about the quirk this year that means Wisconsin never has to play out of their home state? Can't picture that happening in any other sport!

Then you have the 'autobids' that go to Holy Cross and Bemidji State. No winner of their conferences would ever qualify under the pairwise rankings due to a strength of schedule rating their conference cannot overcome, so every year a deserving school or two doesn't get in.

This year four teams tied for 15th, (16 get in) Dartmouth, Denver, Northern Michigan & St. Cloud State in favor of Holy Cross #21 and Bemidji #28 - #28!

Sure, they won their "conference", but it's a conference that has only 6 teams in it!

Now, I'm not complaining that Bemidji is in, their conference would never get in without and autobid so they'd have nothing to play for, I'm just pointing out that with so many conferences and relatively so few schools playing hockey compared to hoops, it results in some strange ways to run things.

As for the "logo bracket", I just love the Colorado College logo to pieces and rate that as my #1. Runner's up are Bemidji State and Miami of Ohio.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Then you have the 'autobids' that go to Holy Cross and Bemidji State. No winner of their conferences would ever qualify under the pairwise rankings due to a strength of schedule rating their conference cannot overcome, so every year a deserving school or two doesn't get in.

This year four teams tied for 15th, (16 get in) Dartmouth, Denver, Northern Michigan & St. Cloud State in favor of Holy Cross #21 and Bemidji #28 - #28!

Sure, they won their "conference", but it's a conference that has only 6 teams in it!

Now, I'm not complaining that Bemidji is in, their conference would never get in without and autobid so they'd have nothing to play for, I'm just pointing out that with so many conferences and relatively so few schools playing hockey compared to hoops, it results in some strange ways to run things.

(Deep breath)

Okay, first off, no where does it say that the tourney is supposed to be the top 16 teams in the nation. It's the six AQ's (auto qualifiers) - from the AHA (Holy Cross), CCHA (Michigan State), CHA (Bemidji State), ECACHL (Harvard), Hockey East (Boston University), and WCHA (North Dakota), plus the top ten at-large teams not represented in that bunch in the pairwise (interestingly enough, this sounds like the basketball tourney, no?). Would you be griping if St. Cloud State had won the WCHA Final Five and gotten the AQ? How about Minnesota-Duluth? Plus, think of it this way... The tournament expanded from 12 to 16 teams in 2002-2003, with the advent of the AHA and CHA auto qualifiers. Thus, not only were the two additional AQ's handed out, but two more at-large bids awarded. That gave teams like Dartmouth, Denver and Northern Michigan (as you mention) two more spots to try to get into the tourney. Had this been five years ago, those teams wouldn't have been the first out, they would have been out by a large margin... Also, UNO, Maine, New Hampshire and CC would have been out as well if we're assuming a 12 team field, and HC and BSU as CHA and AHA representatives. All-in-all, I don't think you've realy got a thing to complain about.

Oh, and for a complete run-down on the selection process, read this.

Plus, as an aside, the CHA did get a team into the tourney once as an at-large - 1999-00 - Niagara, and they beat New Hampshire, 4-1 before falling to eventual champ North Dakota...

Moose

Archived