Shoeless Joe

meetthemets

I'm really sick of the MLB and it's banning of people like Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe. Yes, Pete Rose had or has a problem, but to ban him from the Hall after some of the A**holes they have in there now, what a joke.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

All Pete Rose has to do is fess up COMPLETELY and he's in the Hall of Fame. Baseball doesn't forget, but it does forgive if you are completely contrite about it.

As for Shoeless Joe, it's a bit late.

A more pressing matter is what to do about the steroid-induced players who have Hall of Fame numbers. Baseball and the Hall of Fame must make a decision about such players. They do, however, need enough proof that certain players definitely juiced themselves up.

I believe Shoeless Joe was on the ballot for 15 years (or less than that I don't know how voting went) and didn't get voted in. There was no official rule until after Rose was banned.

With that said I don't believe either should get in. In Shoeless Joe's case he took money to throw World Series games. I watched something a few years ago on Joe Jackson and the 1919 World Series and if I remember correctly most of his hits came after the game was out of reach. And as for the last game I believe that game was played legitimately as the players ended up not being paid. They just ended up losing the game

As a die hard white sox fan, and someone who wrote their graduation paper on the history of the Chicago White Sox, I feel it is inappropriate to induct shoeless joe jackson into the hall of fame. Sure Shoeless Joe was illiterate and had no say in the matter, he just took the word of people that he trusted. He comitted only one inconsequental act of throwing a game, and that was letting a ball he could have caught, drop, in game one. After that he swore not to cheat and played his heart out. But that does not excuse the fact that he cheated, and spilled blood on the good name of Baseball. If Selig lets Jackson in, does he not have to let Rose in? He would, and both are cheaters. Shoeless Joe deserves to be in the hall of fame, Pete Rose does not, and that is the sad reality of the matter.

Archived