CHECK OUT THIS LOGO

Seymour

Hey! I did this logo I did for my grad t-shirt. I'm 14 and I did it on regular old paint. It's very rough and I think I could use some encouraging and constuctive feedback. Here's the link (HOPE IT WORKS)

http://www.piczo.com/davidseymour?g=5148148&cr=2My Webpage

I've got more information about it on the site.

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

Not bad for MS Paint. I think it could do without the underline, but the sword with the slashes and the cross in there works very well for what it was intended. I've seen a lot of "Knights" concepts where the sword is used as the T or another letter, so this is actually kind of refreshing in that sense. I'd love to see what could be done with it in Illustrator and/or in colour.

As part for the blurb on your website where you say, "I guess my fellow students have such ignorant personalities that they didn't see my symbolism" ... all I can say is, don't take it too hard. There are a lot of people you will run into who won't see what you see in your designs. I guess what I'm saying is don't take stuff like that too personally. You can't please everyone all the time. You've got to have thick skin if you're a designer.

You could almost read that as a buring cross falling down. But it's a good concept and any good concept must work in black and white, which you have done.

that's what i saw... not sure how comfortable i'd be with that as my logo.

You could almost read that as a buring cross falling down.Β  But it's a good concept and any good concept must work in black and white, which you have done.

that's what i saw... not sure how comfortable i'd be with that as my logo.

Exactly what I saw... on the upside, you might increase your school's Jewish enrollment. :)

(Yeah, I'm goin to hell for that one, I know.)

If I read your description correctly, you were going for a sword/cross combo with motion lines to show that the sword was slashing. If so, that isn't a bad idea. However, as a lot of people have pointed it out, it looks like a burning cross (or at least it looked like one to me after I read the other posts and was looking for one :P ). If you want to show that the sword is in motion, you will need some finer lines, probably of differing lengths and widths. The Berlin Thunder logo below is the first example I thought of offhand, but there are plenty of others you could use as a reference.

BER_5578.gif

Most Liked Content of the DayΒ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Β  Β  Β /////Β  Β  Β Β Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Β Β πŸ™ƒ

Well to give them credit they did construct their criticism with letters which they built into words.

I think your concept and idea is fine but in the execution it does appear to be a burning cross. You could make the blade more prominant and perhaps longer so the flames don't take over the logo so much that it appears like a burning cross.

The most common logo concepts for Knights is either a shield by itself with initials or something, a knight's helmet, a shield in front of crossed swords or a knight on a horse with a shield and sword. I commend you for coming up with something unique.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

it's CONSTUCTIVE critisism not CRITISISM

Yes, we're telling you that your logo looks like a burning cross, and I'm sure a Christian school, or any Christian would like to have it to represent them. And dude, you seriously need to calm down, I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but everyone on these boards has had some not-so-constructive critisism, you're not the only one, and plus, I've seen the Graveyard, and your posts take up almost half, especially ones that say;

"Where is everyone. I'm bored." - sorry to hear that some people have things to do not to just sit on the computer all day.

-or-

"Post your logos, jerseys, etc. here!"- we have a little topic called 'Concepts', we don't need one specific little topic to make you all happy inside.

Please, slow down your posting, don't type in all caps, and calm down, you're not the only person on these boards.

I thank you.

Thanks ramsfan, I'll try not to do dumb posts or do millions of them. I won't forget.

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

Just remember this Seymour,

this is a message board not a chatroom.

You shouldn't expect an instant respose to anything that you post.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived