Has New Era changed their sizing?

Sodboy13

Anyone know if they still make New Era low profile caps?

I have an authentic Angels hat, but I hate how high it sits on my head. Not to mention it fits really awkwardly. I haven't worn any fitted(as in 7 1/4 etc.) in quite some time. I stick to franchise or flexfit hats now. I love my brown Angels franchise hat.

the Low Profile are next to impossible to come across.

but as for you hat sitting too high. like i stated before.

if you want to shrink up your hat take a waterbottle and spray it down, wear it until it drys this way it forms to your head shape

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They never pushed the low profile versions very well. Every now and then, I'd see a Yankee one available around town. They seemed almost cautious about them.

Couple of my favorite caps come from the New Era Cooperstown Collection circa 2001 - gorgeous things, make out of really thick wool with a black sweatband (one of my New Era pet peeves) and a low profile brim. They also had some great throwback graphics - they featured the 1940s Brooklyn Dodger one (not the squashed B seen more these days), the early 1940s Giants logo (not the one the Mets use), etc. Beautiful caps - I suspect that New Era farmed out the production on these, as the quality was uniformly excellent.

I'd love a low profile Brewers alt, if they still make 'em.

I've found there's a decent selection of low crowned hats on New Era's website. I know it's a little sketchy with the circumference, so it might be worth reviewing their return policy.

Is American Needle's sizing about the same as New Era's? I'm looking at buying a retro Braves hat that I've been wanting for a while, and I just want to know what I want to buy.

The other hats on my wish list are a Montgomery Biscuits alt and Lake Elsinore Storm road hat. I had that Biscuits hat until it shrunk to where I couldn't wear it. That was when I learned to order New Era hats 2 sizes over. Also, they only sell that particular hat at the team store, so I'm going to have to hop over there during a Sunday day game and visit the store since that is the only time of the week that I am in Montgomery.

Also, I have been wanting the Lake Elsinore hat a long time because I always thought the mean-looking eyes were cool. Thanks.

Is American Needle's sizing about the same as New Era's? I'm looking at buying a retro Braves hat that I've been wanting for a while, and I just want to know what I want to buy.

The other hats on my wish list are a Montgomery Biscuits alt and Lake Elsinore Storm road hat. I had that Biscuits hat until it shrunk to where I couldn't wear it. That was when I learned to order New Era hats 2 sizes over. Also, they only sell that particular hat at the team store, so I'm going to have to hop over there during a Sunday day game and visit the store since that is the only time of the week that I am in Montgomery.

Also, I have been wanting the Lake Elsinore hat a long time because I always thought the mean-looking eyes were cool. Thanks.

American Needels sizes are always one size smaller. on most sites they tell you to buy one size bigger than you normally wear. personally if you could find a comparable style in a New Era i could buy that one. i dont like the cut of the American Needle/Mitchell & Ness hats.

as for buying New Era hats two sizes bigger. i have never had that big of a problem where i had to go up two size. one size maybe, two wow. maybe thats the problem with the MILB hats.

as for the Lake Elsinore logo. i think its way played out. but hey thats my opinion.

I like having my hats feel comfortable on head, but without being tight. My Braves alt 5950 is a 7 5/8 even though I'm a 7 3/8. I go big to compensate for shrinkage, and the 5950 are really bad about shrinkage. My first Biscuits hat was a 7 3/8.

I also had a Troy New Era hat from last year that I bought in 7 1/2, but it shrunk to the point where it is uncomfortable. So, to get an idea of how big I should buy my Braves hat, I bought an old teal Mariners authentic off the clearance rack at a local sporting goods store in a 7 5/8. It wound up fitting perfectly after it shrunk.

The reason I like ordering so big is because I like breaking in my hats. I don't like the blockhead look that the New Era authentics have, so I drench the hat in cold water to make the crown flatten and to get the wool and sweatband wet so that it could form to my head as it dries when I am outside (Trust me, having a wet ballcap in 80-90 degree hat feels really, really good).

I go one size over on fitted hats that are wool blend, like The Game. It doesn't shrink nearly as bad as solid wool hats. My high school hat by The Game is 7 1/2, and it still fits fine. Now, I just need to get one of Troy's hats for this year, which are also made by The Game.

Also, I see your point about New Era. I know that I have New Era Braves retro hats, but I just don't know where to find them. I would think that I would be able to find one thanks to the Braves wearing the Hank Aaron unis a few times that past few seasons.

Actually, I finally found the New Era Braves throwback on hatshack.com. And, the biggest shocker, it is for 20 bucks. Now, I see that as a miracle. I've only been able to find that hat for 30 bucks at other stores.

i havent heard too many things about HATSHACK, and its not a compettier trying to talk smack. i just havent heard many good things.

Distantreplays.com has some good hats on there.

Anyone know if they still make New Era low profile caps?

I have an authentic Angels hat, but I hate how high it sits on my head. Not to mention it fits really awkwardly. I haven't worn any fitted(as in 7 1/4 etc.) in quite some time. I stick to franchise or flexfit hats now. I love my brown Angels franchise hat.

I found this on their website, I didn't look for other teams.

http://www.neweracap.com/eshop3/productDet...amily_group=574

Going to have to order me one of these. I got a 5950 as a present and it looks like a helmet on my head.

Actually, I finally found the New Era Braves throwback on hatshack.com. And, the biggest shocker, it is for 20 bucks. Now, I see that as a miracle. I've only been able to find that hat for 30 bucks at other stores.

i havent heard too many things about HATSHACK, and its not a compettier trying to talk smack. i just havent heard many good things.

Can't say that I can blame you for that. Hat Shack is mainly a Deep South chain. It's based in Atlanta.

Can't say that I can blame you for that. Hat Shack is mainly a Deep South chain. It's based in Atlanta.

yeah we have a couple up here in NC. the ones here arent that impressive. the fashion that they have is old news. stuff that lids(where i work) has carried almost a year or two ago. their only saving grace to me, is that they still carry the Game Bar hats.

Yeah, they are pretty slow in getting in new hats. Fortunately, they said that they do have the hat I want in my size in the store. I just hope that they still have it Sunday. If not, I'll see if they can order it for me, and I'll just pick it up in store. I would order it online, but I would have to pay AL state sales tax on it along with shipping.

Well try a size 61 1/4 on for size...and you thought Hank Blalock had a big head...

The big hat trick: Mr. Met was on hand Thursday to help unveil the world's largest inflatable New York Mets cap in conjunction with New Era, the maker and marketer of Major League Baseball's official uniform cap.

The inflatable cap has been strategically positioned atop a water tower by the 59th Street Bridge. The cap's dimensions are size 61 1/4 -- 14 feet tall and 16 feet wide.

To kick off the 2006 season, New Era has created the world's largest inflatable New York Mets and New York Yankees baseball caps ever produced. Throughout the course of the next month, a total of two Mets and two Yankees caps will be strategically positioned where New York City baseball fans can appreciate their team's colors.

New Era, which has been the official on-field cap for MLB since 1994, plans to open its first flagship retail location in early May in downtown New York.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060330&content_id=1375517&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived