Sabres custom motorcycle

One question. If the blue and yellow (gold, whatever) is loved so much by so many, whyd the Sabres bother changing to black red and silver in the first place?

New ownership by the Regas family (now incarcerated). They owned Adelphia cable (colors are red and black. Also, the main sponsor for the arena is HSBC Bank, whose colors are also red and black. Couple all that with the 90's trend in uniforms for that time and you get the current scheme.

None of that has absolutely anything to do with it. The Sabres were still owned by the Knox family when they switched, the team was still in the Aud (albeit only one more game), and the new arena was known as Crossroads Arena at that point.

On this bike, when you sound the horn does it cry "SKATE IN THE CREAAAAAASE!"

The correct phrase is "NO GOAL!"

Yes, I'm a believer. What BS.

So you are in favor of re-writing every single NHL player's assist statistics? You must be, because the NHL awards a player an assist when he passes to a shooter that misses but then scores on the rebound. There is no change of possession on a rebound. Brett Hull was still in possesion of the puck.

Next time read the rule book before telling a referee how to do their job. Good luck with your quest. I get so sick of listening to Sabres fans cry about this.

For the final nail in the coffin, quote NHL director of officiating Bryan Lewis on this topic:

"A rebound off a goalie of any type, that doesn't cause a change of possession. That's still the puck of the attacking player to play. That's his puck to shoot and score. That's a perfectly legal goal."

Yea then there's the time in the playoffs against Buffalo when John LeClair scored on a slapshot through the side of the net that was called a goal. They held up the NO GOAL signs every game after that. Sabres fans are definately the biggest cry babies around. I guess zero Stanley Cups might do that to ya :D

I wanted to say something witty about the Sabres beating the Flyers with 5 seconds left a few weeks ago, but then I remembered they've now lost 5 in a row. Carry on...

Yes, nothing like the pain of a regular season loss :rolleyes:

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Bobby Clarke sure knows how to spend the money. You think with all the money that the Flyers have spent it would have bought them at least one Cup since he has been the GM. Well Flyer fan looks like a first round loss to either the Sabres or Devils. There is always next year to overpay for slow skating, past their prime, player. Your good for a few each year. :hockeysmiley::flagcanada::hockeysmiley:

One question. If the blue and yellow (gold, whatever) is loved so much by so many, whyd the Sabres bother changing to black red and silver in the first place?

New ownership by the Regas family (now incarcerated). They owned Adelphia cable (colors are red and black. Also, the main sponsor for the arena is HSBC Bank, whose colors are also red and black. Couple all that with the 90's trend in uniforms for that time and you get the current scheme.

None of that has absolutely anything to do with it. The Sabres were still owned by the Knox family when they switched, the team was still in the Aud (albeit only one more game), and the new arena was known as Crossroads Arena at that point.

Not to mention the fact that before changing the company and arena name to HSBC, Marine Midland's colors were blue & white.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Bobby Clarke sure knows how to spend the money. You think with all the money that the Flyers have spent it would have bought them at least one Cup since he has been the GM. Well Flyer fan looks like a first round loss to either the Sabres or Devils. There is always next year to overpay for slow skating, past their prime, player. Your good for a few each year.  :hockeysmiley:  :flagcanada:  :hockeysmiley:

I don't know if you're aware of this, but let me fill you in anyway. There is this thing they have now, it's called a salary cap. Check out the Flyers roster, and tell me how many guys under the age of 25 they have on the team, and compare that to the amount of guys they have in their 30's. And all of this is coming from a team with ZERO Stanley Cups, and a city who's football team put together a run of four straight SUPER BOWL APPEARANCES and NOTHING to show for it. It may be a 23 year drought for us, but at least we have SOMETHING.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

and a city who's football team put together a run of four straight SUPER BOWL APPEARANCES and NOTHING to show for it.

Should you really be talking trash considering the record of the Eagles in NFC Championship games?

Let's check the counter shall we? As of this post it's been:

8341 days 13 hours and 16 minutes since the town of Philly hoisted any major title.

and a city who's football team put together a run of four straight SUPER BOWL APPEARANCES and NOTHING to show for it.

Should you really be talking trash considering the record of the Eagles in NFC Championship games?

Let's check the counter shall we? As of this post it's been:

8341 days 13 hours and 16 minutes since the town of Philly hoisted any major title.

Come on, cut the man some slack. After all, isn't cheering for teams from a city whose name means 'incest' bad enough?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

What has your football team ever won Philly fan? Your record in the big game is what 0-2 and your talking smack. Your the bitch of that division (NFC East) all of those teams have multiple rings and you have nothing.

Archived