Wisconsin-Milwaukee Football

sc49erfan15

Once again, a request was put in the Bradley concept thread for a team...that I already had finished. So, here it is: Wisconsin-Milwaukee football.

MilwaukeeFootball2.png

-The secondary logo is something I made because UWM doesn't have a secondary and I didn't want to leave the space blank. I took it from the three stripes on the panther, and it's supposed to resemble an M and claw marks. I didn't realize until I put it on the pants that it looks like the adidas logo. A LOT like the adidas logo. ...whoops.

-Considered a white helmet, but decided black was the better choice. The stripes are tapered white-gold-white.

-I thought the panther made a good helmet logo, but a bad sleeve logo...and I didn't want to put a logo that I made in such a prominent position, so...shoulder stripes a-go-go.

-No alternates, because neither purple or yellow is used enough to warrant a third-color jersey, and...we don't do all black.

C&C is encouraged as always, thanks in advance!

[edit, update]

MilwaukeeFootball3.png

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

By all means, keep the pants logo (UWM is an Adidas team, didn't know whether or not you had that in mind).

This was completely different than what I expected, but I really like how you pulled off the old-school vibe with the modern-style logo. Interesting choice on the numbers, my only gripe is that the yellow drop shadow doesn't make the numbers pop enough. All in all, I really like the concept, pat yourself on the back...

QPR%20Sig.png

I like the look. Sometimes, it's nice to have a modern look in college football.

I know this should be made in Requests, but could you make one for South Alabama and Arkansas-Little Rock? Both have football stadiums not in regular use that they can call their own, and it would fit in Division I-A, since both institutions are in the Sun Belt Conference.

funny, UWM would definitely use a lot more gold than you did here. the M's sort of interesting, though...I can't find it at the moment, but the UWM club team uses (or used?) an M with slash marks on it as their logo.

overall, pretty good. I woulda gone with gold pants, but heh.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Let's see...

-Moser, no idea that they were an adidas team...I guess it'd work, in the same way Seton Hall worked. Thanks!

-BigMac, thanks! And I'll put 'em on the list. (First request where I don't have the team already done, ha)

-Discrim, more gold? I was guessing that it was mostly a trim color...but upon further review, I might throw some gold pants in there. Thanks for the heads-up.

-JFR, look at it like this...black jersey, white-gold-white stripes. White pants, if I put white-gold-white stripes on white pants, only the gold stripe would show up, so the white stripe is flanked by a black stripe...same for the white jersey. Think of it as cutting the strip of jersey off and putting it on the pants.

-FreeKobe, thanks for the logo.

And thanks to everyone else that has responded so far. Actually, I think this is a design that I'll have to revisit. The purple in the logo definitely needs to be blue (don't know how I missed that...the vector I downloaded was in purple, but it's right there on the site...), the fact that I might want to use more gold, and the discovery of the new secondary logo...might be something I want to rework a little. Thanks again, guys!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

And regardless of how they look, Marquette would figure out ways to avoid playing them.

you'd think eventually we'd get tired of ripp'n on Marquette . . . BUT WE DONT!

notworthy.gif

I agree. If Marquette fielded a football team, it would probably participate at the Division 1-A Big East Conference. UW-Milwaukee would probably play in the Division 1-AA Horizon League, if the other teams join.

Take the stripes from the black pants and put them on the black jersey. Then, take the stripes from the white pants and put them on the white jersey.

Inconsistancy problem solved.

...not really

right now the color pattern on the black jersey is black jersey, white stripe, gold stripe, white stripe, black jersey...the exact same pattern as the pants stripe (black, white, gold, white, black)

switching the other pants stripe to that set would give you white pants, black stripe, gold stripe, black stripe, white pants...not the same

right now the color pattern on the white jersey is white jersey, black stripe, gold stripe, black stripe, white jersey...the exact same pattern as the pants stripe (white, black, gold, black, white)

unless the original has been modified with your suggestion (a possibility), your suggestion would NOT solve the inconsistancy problem...it would cause it :)

oh yeah...i REALLY like the alt. logo you designed...very creative - great work

jldesigns404eo.png

Improvement? Thanks in advance.

Yup, major improvement. Call these finished, they look great. Did you try the tertiary "M" on the helmet? I like the panther as is, but it could also work, and might be a little simpler. Then again, it could also mean gold helmets so it stands out better... :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived