Reebok for a day

troy_3223

Rounding out the great lakes division is Minnesota, Toronto, and Winnipeg. Minnesota's logo is just a recoloring, which to me makes more sense than the current. I saw a similar concept a few weeks ago in a similar vein. As for Toronto, I did a black and blue alternate for Toronto a while back, which was just a recoloring of their 80's uniforms. I like this one much better, actually. I'm quite proud of the logo I came up with for Winnipeg. I know the powder blue won't sit well with some of you, but it is an improvement over my orignial coloration of red, royal blue and lime green (which I also tried for the Canucks)

ctr2.jpg

I'm surprised at some of the reaction to the powder blues. I'll try to tweak some of them tonight. (I tried the Blue Jackets with gray in place of the powder blue, and I might go back to that). As for Chicago, the original used the same cream color that I used, so I figured that was enough justification for me. As to the "built-in" excuse, I admit, it's convenient, but in all honesty, it only goes as far for me as to excuse re-designing in the first place.

nhl94vansigpng.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the first three teams of the Northeast Division: Boston, Buffalo, and Hartford. Boston and Buffalo were among the first that I did for this project, because there was speculation about changes to the logo. It seems that reverting back to blue and gold would be the logical choice for Buffalo. As to changes to Boston's logo, the changes are subtle, as they are likely to be. The color shift in Hartford is a nod to my Northwest heritage, combining the color schemes of the Mariners and Seahawks. Yay mediocrity!

ne1.jpg

nhl94vansigpng.png

i don't like any from the last 3 sets. You've got a lot of strange colour combinations and odd curves and angles that just look weird on a hockey jersey. Particularly the leafs and red wings. Black. And don't take this personally, but IMHO any blackhawks concept is a bad one. they already have perfect unis.

One good thing I can say: No ridiculous and pointless alts! :hockeysmiley:

not sure what to make the latest 3.

the bruins white jersey is awsome. but the dark jersey has too much white, seems almost incomplete. but i like where you are going with the b's uniforms.

i like the new sabres logo but i don't like the color combination. your best bet is a navy and vegas gold combo.

the whalers one is good, i like the wavy feel to it, kinda like what the isles did but more streamlined. but id replace the electric green with silver and you got perfection.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Here's the rest of the Northeast: Montreal, Ottawa, and Quebec.

ne2.jpg

As you can see, I didn't do much to Montreal, other than changing up the white jersey. I think the classic striping of the Montreal jerseys would transfer well to any style of jersey. Even the swifts could accomodate it pretty easily. I've used this template for a few other teams (Seattle and Chicago, and I think at least one other.) I like the logo I came up with for Ottawa, but it's a big departure. I think sometime tonight or tomorrow, I'll go and change all the bronzes to vegas golds. As for Quebec, I've always liked the original logo, and I like the fleur-de-lis that they used on their uniforms, so I combined them. The changes to the Montreal logo are pretty subtle, but still noticeable, hopefully not too much so.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I agree on the dark Bruins one--there's too much white--it would look okay yellow--the pattern is good--just less white.

Ottawa's would be confusing in that the darks have white sides and the whites have dark sides---at a glance it might be hard to figure out which is which.

The unis for Japan in NHL 2002 do that--and if they're playing Canada--it's confusing.

But on the positive side I think you got colours that work well for Buffalo--and the revamp of the secondary logo into this one is a good flow and a good fit.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ottawa's would be confusing in that the darks have white sides and the whites have dark sides---at a glance it might be hard to figure out which is which.

You could say the same for a few of these concepts, which is going to be a major problem. Thin out some of the work on the side panels, and the problem wouldn't be as severe.

BTW, that Ottawa logo is brilliant - it passed Vancouver for my favorite new logo in this set. I'd consider making the Maple Leaf red instead of gold, but beyond that, it looks great. Not a fan of the LA Kings number font with these, though - everything else is simple and refined, then you have these clunky, angular numbers.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

as others have said, on some of these concepts, there is toom much dark on the whites, and too much white on the darks. I feel the same way about Montreal as I do about Chicago. I can't say I'm feeling the nordiques colour combo. I do really like that Ottawa logo though. What I don't get though is why you created logos from scatch for teams, but the logos that you designed look too similar to their current logos. Montreal and Quebec for example. You would be better off just recolouring their current logos.

In response to Steiny - it would probably be easier to simply recolor the logos, but I didn't count that as enough of a change to satisfy the major complaint about the proposed reebok redesign. I wanted to show that the redesign could make minor changes without simpy recoloring, that "every logo is going to change" didn't have to mean "every logo will be ruined," though given the limitations in paintbrush, I may have come close to that. I am taking your other concern into consideration, as far as pastel colors go, but last night's episode of Lost had me quite occupied for the evening. After this weekend, you should see some changes with most of the colors. That said, here's the first set from the Southwest division. I really need help with the coloration for Dallas and Los Angeles. I've tried several different combinations for both. C & C are especially needed on these two. (I don't want to use green for Dallas, because I think it's past time to separate their identity from Minnesota)

So here is Anaheim, Dallas, and LA.

sw1-b.jpg

Anaheim was the first concept I did for this, and I posted it pretty much as-is. the logo for Dallas was posted previous, a few people commented that there should be 6 stars instead of 5, to represent the goalie as well, but I consider the one in the center to be the "missing" star. LA and Dallas are somewhat based on two Russian Hockey league jerseys, Molot and Metallurg.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I like some of the work you are doing but some of the colours are off to me. For these 3...

Ducks: I remember seeing that jersey and logo befroe on here but it could've been yours. I don't really like the Green and Orange.

Stars: Brillant! Even though the jersey they have now is pretty good this jersey and logo is awesome to say the least.

Kings: Just aint feeling it.

P.S. The Collar and Shoulder design outlines are in green on the Away jersey.

Here's the rest of the Southwest division: Oakland, Phoenix, and San Jose.

sw2.jpg

I won't have internet access over the weekend, so I'm going to take advantage of the time off to recolor some of the designs. After hearing your comments and criticism, I've decided to make some tweaks. I hope you like what you see come Monday. I appreciate all the comments I've gotten. Even the most negative of them have been extremely helpful.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Vancouver...what are you doing? All I think about when I see that is the 1976 Montreal olympics for some reason. Small letters and not liking the numbers too much. Also, Why did my Islanders trade Zhitnik to Victoria? I don't like the Winnipeg logo (maybe we don't want our team back) nor the Coyotes (who does Shane Doan play for?) Leafs...don't do that and a tuna won't work in San Jose. I do like what you did with Oakland, Anaheim and Dallas.

oakland - well executed. had the oakland seals stayed around i could imagine them wearing something like that.

Phoenix - i like where this is going, the yellow and purple could be a bit darker.

san jose - you may want to go with a more shark like logo. but i do like the wave motion on the jersey.

anaheim - not bad, logo seems a bit minor leagueish but i could get used to it.

Dallas - the more i see this the more i like it. don't care for the yellow numbers, but they really should have used your concept or something similar for there alternate instead of uterus-mooterus.

LA - The Peugeot car company may have an issue with your logo. as for the kings concept, the red in the color scheme doesn't work for them. dallas and phoenix has a shade of red, i don't think the kings need a shade of red becuase it starts to look like red over kill.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

oakland - well executed. had the oakland seals stayed around i could imagine them wearing something like that.

Phoenix - i like where this is going, the yellow and purple could be a bit darker.

san jose - you may want to go with a more shark like logo. but i do like the wave motion on the jersey.

anaheim - not bad, logo seems a bit minor leagueish but i could get used to it.

Dallas - the more i see this the more i like it. don't care for the yellow numbers, but they really should have used your concept or something similar for there alternate instead of uterus-mooterus.

LA - The Peugeot car company may have an issue with your logo. as for the kings concept, the red in the color scheme doesn't work for them. dallas and phoenix has a shade of red, i don't think the kings need a shade of red becuase it starts to look like red over kill.

San Jose-agreed, why the hell would you put a dead fish like thing instead? :wacko::blink:

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

My only complaint on Oakland is the shade of green--

1-it's like the last unis they wore--which I never liked--especially because of the colour.

2-It's too close to the sharks.

I'd prefer it more the Kelly Green.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived