Reebok for a day

troy_3223

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta be realistic, pastel colours are not NHL type of colours, hockey is not a sport where pastel colours like that will fly. I mean the only "pastel" colour that works is baby blue, other than that the rest are off limits as they are soft colours and Hockey is anything but soft.

I like the flyers one because i can actually see that being used, the rest i can't realistically see them ever being used, NEVER. You gotta know what sells, in Vancouver you would know that the Vintage jersies outsell the new jersies by a large margine, that means what? That the fans like old school, the plain simple colours, no maroon's or silvers or anything like that.

Currently in the NHL, i love the Coyotes jersies, the rangers, the redwings, the penguins, and the canucks vintage, if the sabres went back to blue and gold that would be kick ass.

Just be more realistic, i mean i see that your trying and i dont want to discourage you, but you do need to think a little more about your colour choices, most teams pick the colours that they do because other sports franchises in the area have those colours or it was an old school colour they once had.

Does that help?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Overall, I have to give you tons of credit for not doing the usual redoing a current jersey in the team's old colors or slapping a teams current colors and logo onto a sharks template like I've seen one billion times around here.

I like that you have taken the time to redo the logos. While some are cool, some, like the Sharks guppy and the Pokemon logo you made for the Penguins are just too damn delicate and cute for their own good.

You have also come up with some truly innovative and creative striping patterns for the jerseys, which I also give you full credit for.

The one area that lags behind the other two (logos and jerseys) are your color choices. There's just too much pastel colors or just plain odd combinations for my admitedly traditional tates.

I especially like the Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Stars, Kings, Islanders, Rangers Capitals and Panthers.

The Sabres and Senators logos are favorites.

The Devils, Penguins and Nordquies I have some color issues with.

Overall a very good job, but a few that perhaps you should revisit and try to make stronger, but that's bound to happen when you crank out so many so quickly.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The colors were probably the hardest part of this project. For the most part, I agree that simpler is better, but the trend is towards more unique colors rather than the basic blue, gold, red, green, black, etc. That's part of the reason for the color choices I made. The other part is just personal preference. I would like to see more maroon, teal, silver, etc, used sparingly. That's just me. The brown for the Preds was just because I decided early on it would be very challenging to find a way to make brown work for something. I have brown concepts for a few others, NJ, Edmonton, Boston, and Minnesota, but Nashville was the best of them.

I did make a lot of changes early on based on comments I got, and toned down the colors from time to time.

As for the criticism on Vancouver, I fully agree, and what I tried to do was create a vintage look without throwing back a retread. That was my goal for a few others as well.

I'm not at all surprised that San Jose and Pittsburgh are pretty easily the worst logos from the feedback. I wasn't happy with the way they turned out, but they worked better than the others I came up with for them.

That's all for now, Thanks for clarifying, vcx. I don't mind that you think they suck, it just wasn't helpful without the additional information.

nhl94vansigpng.png

• 1 month later...
For the first three teams of the new Great Lakes divisoin of the Northern Conference:

ctr1.jpg

Let's just get this out of the way. I don't think this concept for Detroit is an improvement over what they currently have and SHOULD have for the rest of their existance. But in trying to think like a Reebok exec, it has to change, and it absolutely has to incorporate black. My original idea was to use what they have right now, but just make the wheel look more modern, but then someone else did that, so this is what I came up with. As for Chicago and Columbus, Chicago's is actually an update of a style they wore in the 30s or 40s. I updated the logo (slight changes to the nose, less wrinkles for a younger cheif blachawk, updated feathers for more realistic look). For columbus, I moved more towards a civil war theme (which would reinforce the new stanley cup format of North v South), using the Ohio flag which is so popular in concepts on this board, and the Union flag from the civil war (less stars than the current one. I'd hoped it was a different flag, but this is what came up in google image search.)

those unis for the wings and blue jackets are awsome.i love how you used a more advanced wheel for the wings logo

I like a few of these. The Rangers jersey looks very sharp with well-arranged striping and a great incorporation of NY icons in the logo. The maroon-red combo on the Devils looks sharp. Your Penguins jersey doesn?t look bad, but I think the blue should be darkened to navy. The colors on the Islander logo look good, but the logo is a bit busy and probably shouldn?t feature the skyline.

Wow, Hurricanes, I like it. Good color combination that reminds me of the Kelowna Rockets. I?m partial to the current logo, but this one isn?t bad. Lightning as well ? its radical, but it works. I might consider keeping some shade of blue instead of the red but, overall, its on the right track. Blue Jackets looks great as well, especially the stars down the arms.

nhl-islanders-775x50.gifmlb-mariners-775x50.gifcfl-lions-775x50.gif

I like a few of these. The Rangers jersey looks very sharp with well-arranged striping and a great incorporation of NY icons in the logo. The maroon-red combo on the Devils looks sharp. Your Penguins jersey doesn?t look bad, but I think the blue should be darkened to navy. The colors on the Islander logo look good, but the logo is a bit busy and probably shouldn?t feature the skyline.

Wow, Hurricanes, I like it. Good color combination that reminds me of the Kelowna Rockets. I?m partial to the current logo, but this one isn?t bad. Lightning as well ? its radical, but it works. I might consider keeping some shade of blue instead of the red but, overall, its on the right track. Blue Jackets looks great as well, especially the stars down the arms.

Holy crap, man! Wide enough sig, there?!

Archived