Another Sox/D-Rays Fight....

Brass

Look at the pics. Make your own decision:

BDD_3.27._tavar_one_ap.jpg

BDD_3.27._tavar_two_ap.jpg

Now why the :censored: did the Sox sign Tavarez in the first place? The guy has proved time and again that he is a pyscho.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That certainly is a weird looking punch.

Anyways, good to see the D'Rays showing that they might perenially be the worst team in the AL East, but they can take ANYDAMNBODY in a fight.

:P

Tavarez is a lfat out punk a mediocre pitcher and hot head, one of tehse days noboidy will wnat him any more and he will be out of baseball, and its gonna be soon with actions like this. Its SPRING TRAINNING JACKASS!! No fighting.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Man, I LOVED Julian. I can't love him while he's wearing that jersey, though.

But man, the guys flat out a competitor. He's not mediocore, he's good. Maybe he's starting the downslide of his career and is heading that way, but he hasn't always been mediocre.

Sure the guys got a temper, but I've always like a little competitive flair even when it results in some stupid things like this.

Man, he really does punch like a woman, as Gathright said.

I thought it was funny how Tavarez said he's not a fighter in an interview. Isn't he the guy who karate kicked someone when he was with the Cubs?

Oddly enough, I met him when he was with Cleveland. I was at an O's/Tribe game and met him and Dennis Martinez.

I always thought Tavarez was a few beans short of a burrito...

Going after a black belt in Taekwando confirms it...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

He had me convinced he's nuts long before this.

I watched him pitch in a Marlins-Phillies game. IIRC, he wasn't supposed to pitch, or just didn't want to. Whatever the reason, I don't think he cracked 75 on the radar gun the whole game.

Then there was that time the umps caught him doctoring the ball, and he was trying to hug one of the umps (he was with St. Louis by this point). Yet he's making millions of dollars, and we're sitting here grousing about it. Go figure... :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

He had me convinced he's nuts long before this.

I watched him pitch in a Marlins-Phillies game. IIRC, he wasn't supposed to pitch, or just didn't want to. Whatever the reason, I don't think he cracked 75 on the radar gun the whole game.

Then there was that time the umps caught him doctoring the ball, and he was trying to hug one of the umps (he was with St. Louis by this point). Yet he's making millions of dollars, and we're sitting here grousing about it. Go figure... :mad:

Don't hold the doctoring the ball thing against him. It was essentially proven he did nothing illegal. Both the umps and the mlb handled the problem incorrectly.

There's plenty of other things you can point to though. Like when he punched the phone in the 2004 NLCS and broke his hand. Luckily it was his glove hand and he came back and pitched great his next time out. (By the way, though they apologized, Houston did the classy thing by showing that incident over their big screen...)

We Giants fans are all too familiar with the headcase that is Julian Tavarez.

How this guy still has a job in baseball, Ill never know.

Come to think of it, when you think of pitchers that have a screw loose, like Tavarez, Pedro Martinez, Jose Lima, Odalas Perez,......

what is it with Dominican pitchers? is it like a rule that they have to be wierdos? :wacko:

Don't hold the doctoring the ball thing against him. It was essentially proven he did nothing illegal. Both the umps and the mlb handled the problem incorrectly.

Granted, the umps and the authorities botched the situation. But none of us knew that at the time, so you can't explain away his odd behavior while the situation was unfolding by saying MLB screwed up. He was still acting like a fool while the incident was occurring; it wasn't until afterward that it was proven he didn't doctor the ball, which speaks to the point everyone's been making: he's nuts.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Granted, the umps and the authorities botched the situation. But none of us knew that at the time, so you can't explain away his odd behavior while the situation was unfolding by saying MLB screwed up. He was still acting like a fool while the incident was occurring; it wasn't until afterward that it was proven he didn't doctor the ball, which speaks to the point everyone's been making: he's nuts.

Oh, well that's true. Of course, he KNEW he didn't doctor the ball, so at least he had that excuse for being upset. I still love how he tossed the cap that the ump said he had the stuff on into the crowd. That was the MLB's first mistake in the whole thing...not confiscating the evidence. I actually have to admit though that I don't think I got to see that thing unfold live.

Archived