Bank of America: Seeing Red

NDwas

I don't have a pic, but every single one of the Bank of America branches I drove by today in DC had changed their former silver/gray signs to new, harder-to-read red ones. Anyone else catch this phenomenom?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I live in Boston, and the Bank of America signs/banners have been red for as long as I can remember.

Likewise here in CT...

I think the first ones to get the red signage were the Fleet branches up this way when they officially changed names.

Guess the rest of the BoA branches are finally catching up..

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Brushed aluminum color here, with cut out logo, red lit plastic behind.

Havent seen any red signage.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

red lit plastic behind

Are you describing a BOA sign or a Ronald McDonald statue?

BOA has recently opened a couple of new branches here and the new locations do feature red signage. I can't say that I find the signs hard to read, however. I would imagine that the red signage will only get limited use depending upon the zoning restrictions of the locations where the banks are situated. Here in St. Louis a number of local municipalities have pretty narrow restrictions regarding the appearance of signage, especially when it comes to color, lighting and size. The more subdued scheme of which Payno speaks will probably not change on too many BOA locations around here because I'm sure the red ones will not pass muster with local codes.

Not related to the color of the signs, but this is a Bank of America question (rather convenient for me). I'm doing a project for my graphic design class to design an ad for Bank Of America. I can't find a logo big enough for what I want, so I have to make one myself. I found the logo and the word mark, but it doesn't include the tagline "Higher Standards", but I can't figure out what font the use! I may just be dumb, but I can't figure it out! Help me please?! :wacko:

Picture1.png

Go to Brands of the World (www.brandsoftheworld.com) type in Bank of America and voila! It's in eps so I have no clue what graphics program you're using, but it's in eps form and you just type in what dpi you want it to be and usually I do everything in 300 which is plenty big enough for me.

Go to Brands of the World (www.brandsoftheworld.com) type in Bank of America and voila! It's in eps so I have no clue what graphics program you're using, but it's in eps form and you just type in what dpi you want it to be and usually I do everything in 300 which is plenty big enough for me.

Awesome! Thanks a lot oddball!

Most of the Bank of America ATMs that I see have red signs, which makes "Bank of America" hard to read at a distance. Since Sovereign Bank also has red signs, I have to double check to see if it's my ATM or not.

Most of the bank branches have gray signs.

Bank of America uses some form of Franklin Gothic for the branding, and ITC Century for body copy and taglines.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived