SVSU Cardinals hockey

DelayedPenalty

When I last left off I was at this point in my quest to create a jersey for the SVSU team...(see URL to previous post)

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=34664

Since then I have come up with this idea for a logo and jersey. I started by modifying the Coastal Carolina Chanticleer's logo, making it less rooster and more cardinal. I changed the colors obviously to deep red and navy, and added a new wordmark using the font of SVSU (kinda looks crappy, but the school likes it).

Coast_2453.gif

Then I created the same style of jersey (Islanders alternate) as the previous concept. Tell me what you think. Ideas, C&C?

SVSUCardinalLogo.jpg

ToughCardinaljersey.jpg

ToughCardinalhead.jpg

ToughCardinaljerseyjusthead.jpg

:flagcanada:

I personally like the second logo better. The first logo really does look too similar to the Coastal Carolina logo. The only change to me looks like the removal of the gold thing on top. And of course the recoloring. The second logo looks much more sleek and I think the point at the bottom of the head flows well with the jersey style.

We are one!

SVSU is getting a hockey team? I suppose they would play at the Saginaw-Bay Ice Arena right?

I like it, but I don't think it looks enough like a cardinal.

Speaking of which, I read that SVSU is getting a new verison of there cardinal logo. Bout time, there current one is about as unintimidating as they come. BTW, it's the cardinal in DP's sig.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Generally, there aren't going to be a lot of people who would be in favor of apeing another team's logo (even if you gave proper credit) for your concept. Whatever its merits may or may not be, I just don't think it works here.

If you're doing a college concept, why not just go the "collegiate" design route? Simple striping, tie-down collar, and Pro Block wordmark with either a radial or vertical arch. That's really all you need. The simpler you start, the better developed your designs will become...

QPR%20Sig.png

SVSU is getting a hockey team? I suppose they would play at the Saginaw-Bay Ice Arena right?

Yep, they'll be playing at the SBIA...and where did you hear we're getting a new logo? I haven't even heard that and I go here! :blink:

School's own website. I found it when I was researching graphical standards of various colleges. It was just one sentance saying that they were waiting for a new version of the cardinal to be copyrighted.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived