NCAA Baseball Concepts

Moser316

Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was a snot-nosed newb, and now I'm up to 1,000 posts.

Enough with the reminiscing. It's time to get down to business. In honor of my 1,000th post, I'd like to unveil my NCAA Baseball project. It's sort of like 49erfan's I-AAA Football project in that I'm doing baseball concepts for the NCAA D-1 schools that don't have programs. The first concepts come from the Horizon League, and I'll start with a school that just recently dropped baseball: the University of Detroit Mercy Titans. I took my inspiration from this concept both from the Detroit Tigers and UDM's basketball uniforms.

316DetroitHome.gif

316DetroitAway.gif

You'll notice that I'm keeping these concepts relatively simple because the Horizon League is a smaller conference, and the teams won't have 7-8 uniforms like the teams in the power conferences do. Next up is the Fighting Phoenix of UW-Green Bay. Again, the basketball uniforms provide inspiration for the script wordmark and numbers (actually, it's eriqjaffe's Blue Jays font, but it looks very similar to what the basketball team wears), and the piping is loosely based on what the Brewers use.

316UWGBHome.gif

316UWGBAway.gif

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last concept of the night is for the Loyola Ramblers. I absolutely loved this color scheme and logo, and decided to do something with it that a lot of college teams do: completely ape an MLB team's wordmark. In the case of Loyola, I found that I could convert the Royals home wordmark into "Loyola" with relative ease. The inspiration for the striping is taken from the White Sox away uniforms.

316LoyolaChicagoHome.gif

316LoyolaChicagoAway.gif

Well, that's it for the night, I'm opeing up the thread for C&C.

Next up on the list: Wisconsin, Colorado, and Iowa State

QPR%20Sig.png

Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was a snot-nosed newb, and now I'm up to 1,000 posts.

Enough with the reminiscing. It's time to get down to business. In honor of my 1,000th post, I'd like to unveil my NCAA Baseball project. It's sort of like 49erfan's I-AAA Football project in that I'm doing baseball concepts for the NCAA D-1 schools that don't have programs. The first concepts come from the Horizon League, and I'll start with a school that just recently dropped baseball: the University of Detroit Titans. I took my inspiration from this concept both from the Detroit Tigers and UDM's basketball uniforms.

316DetroitHome.gif

316DetroitAway.gif

You'll notice that I'm keeping these concepts relatively simple because the Horizon League is a smaller conference, and the teams won't have 7-8 uniforms like the teams in the power conferences do. Next up is the Fighting Phoenix of UW-Green Bay. Again, the basketball uniforms provide inspiration for the script wordmark and numbers, and the piping is loosely based on what the Brewers use.

316UWGBHome.gif

316UWGBAway.gif

Well, great job on the Horizon League concepts. Here's to more!

I like these a lot. They're simple, but very nice. I like the use of the Royals' font. I did not know of a University of Detroit, I thought Wayne State was the only one in Motown(I had a friend play ice hockey for them). My only suggestion is to possibly put the team nicknames on some jerseys, like put Titans or Phoenix or Ramblers on a jersey.

I like these a lot. They're simple, but very nice. I like the use of the Royals' font. I did not know of a University of Detroit, I thought Wayne State was the only one in Motown(I had a friend play ice hockey for them). My only suggestion is to possibly put the team nicknames on some jerseys, like put Titans or Phoenix or Ramblers on a jersey.

I'll be doing that more for the major conference teams, I have at least four uniforms planned for Wisconsin.

QPR%20Sig.png

:jawdrop:!!

These are phenomenal, bro.

Can't find too much to say about these...

DETROIT - No suggestions. Perfect as is.

UWGB - For some reason, I am not a fan of the lettering font. But I understand your reasons for using it, and I don't know what you'd use in its place.

LOYOLA - Make the white "L" gold on the home uniform - having no gold on the cap looks very un-Loyola.

That's it - these are great.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'll be doing that more for the major conference teams, I have at least four uniforms planned for Wisconsin.

Sorry gent but i beat both of y'all to the punch as far as the Badgers are concerned just check the college basball tread in the requests section.But post them anyway cause everyone else would probably wanna see them. ;)

But as far as the sets go,i like Loyala the best so far.

Very nice. My only comments/critiques are as follows:

UDM -- I think an interlocking DM or just a D might look better than the Titan head, but this is still nice.

UWGB -- The jersey lettering looks like it should be a little bit bigger, but I really like the font.

Good work all around.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Thanks for the comments so far, everyone.

And now, I'd like to present the only Big Ten program to not sponsor varsity baseball: the Wisconsin Badgers. These concepts were kept pretty simple using graphics in the current UW athletic identity. The home and away are basically the same template, but I broke from that a bit with the alternate. I used a white version of the red script used on Wisconsin's alternate hockey jerseys. Originally, I wanted to use it on the home jerseys, but it would have ruined the symmetry of the entire set. I didn't do different caps for the three primary uniforms because I wanted to keep black at a minimum.

316WisconsinHome.gif

316WisconsinAway.gif

316WisconsinAlternate.gif

And now as a special bonus, I did a fourth uniform for the Badgers. Most people don't know this about Wisconsin's baseball program, but they produced some pretty decent major leaguers during the 1950's and early 1960's (SS Harvey Kuenn, OF Rick Reichardt, P Jim O'Toole), and I based this alternate on what they wore back then. Of all the uniforms in this set, this is the one I'm probably the most proud of.

316WisconsinThrowback.gif

C&C appreciated.

Colorado will be coming up next, followed by Iowa State and Marquette.

QPR%20Sig.png

Thanks for the comments so far, everyone.

And now, I'd like to present the only Big Ten program to not sponsor varsity baseball: the Wisconsin Badgers. These concepts were kept pretty simple using graphics in the current UW athletic identity. The home and away are basically the same template, but I broke from that a bit with the alternate. I used a white version of the red script used on Wisconsin's alternate hockey jerseys. Originally, I wanted to use it on the home jerseys, but it would have ruined the symmetry of the entire set. I didn't do different caps for the three primary uniforms because I wanted to keep black at a minimum.

316WisconsinHome.gif

316WisconsinAway.gif

316WisconsinAlternate.gif

And now as a special bonus, I did a fourth uniform for the Badgers. Most people don't know this about Wisconsin's baseball program, but they produced some pretty decent major leaguers during the 1950's and early 1960's (SS Harvey Kuenn, OF Rick Reichardt, P Jim O'Toole), and I based this alternate on what they wore back then. Of all the uniforms in this set, this is the one I'm probably the most proud of.

316WisconsinThrowback.gif

C&C appreciated.

Colorado will be coming up next, followed by Iowa State and Marquette.

That blows my Wisconsin set out of the water there,great job.

And now, I'd like to present the only Big Ten program to not sponsor varsity baseball: the Wisconsin Badgers.
:cursing:

Thank you, Don Moron.

The retro alt reminds me that its a farse for UW to not have a team.

A farce, too.

The last UW uniforms I recall had a script "Wisconsin" or "Badgers" (I forget which) on the front, and no striping or anything. These are definitely better.

Now if UW and the minor league team in Madison (Black Wolf?) could get together and build a facility that they could both use that's a step up from the old Guy Lowman Field ...

Packers-2.png

Awesome job all around. I especially like the Loyola and Wisconsin jobs (especially the alternate Wisconsin,..love the script), but Detroit and UWGB are definitely good work as well. About the only gripe I have is the Detroit cap logo (might look better with a D or interlocked UD) and the UWGB font. Still though, great job!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Thanks again for the comments :D

Since hurling practice was cancelled today (damn thunderstorms), I was able to put together my concept for the University of Colorado Buffaloes, the first of two Big XII schools that don't have baseball programs. Since CU is a Nike school, I took my design cues both from the split lettering used by the football program in the late 1990's and the striping used by the basketball team used during that same time period. The end result is something that looks very Nike, but in a good way.

316ColoradoHome.gif

316ColoradoAway.gif

316ColoradoAlternate.gif

Keep the C&C coming, fellas.

Next on the list: Iowa State, Marquette, DePaul

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived