NCAA Baseball Concepts

Moser316

Thanks again for the comments :D

Since hurling practice was cancelled today (damn thunderstorms), I was able to put together my concept for the University of Colorado Buffaloes, the first of two Big XII schools that don't have baseball programs. Since CU is a Nike school, I took my design cues both from the split lettering used by the football program in the late 1990's and the striping used by the basketball team used during that same time period. The end result is something that looks very Nike, but in a good way.

316ColoradoHome.gif

316ColoradoAway.gif

316ColoradoAlternate.gif

Keep the C&C coming, fellas.

Next on the list: Iowa State, Marquette, DePaul

those are hot,only thing i do different is use the interlocking CU only instead of te buffalo logo on the black jersey

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quit stealing my thunder, this is my extravaganza :P

And now, the second Big XII school without baseball: the Iowa State Cyclones. For the first time in this project, I really had a difficult time figuring out where to take this concept. The one thing I did know was that this one was going to be full-on traditional from the script to the monogram cap logo to the sleeveless vests. I tried doing this with the same color palette used by the football team (not a trace of navy anywhere except on the helmet logo), but it really didn't pop enough for my tastes. The remedy: a small navy drop shadow for the script, numbers, and cap logo.

316IowaStateHome.gif

316IowaStateAway.gif

316IowaStateAlternate.gif

As always, C&C is appreciated.

Up next: The Big East teams (Marquette, DePaul, Syracuse, Providence)

QPR%20Sig.png

Damn, only one person commented on Iowa State? It couldn't have sucked that badly :P

But I digress. It's now on to the first of four Big East concepts (and the second Chicago school): the DePaul Blue Demons. I tried to keep things as simple as possible here, drawing my inspiration from the basketball uniforms in the wordmark and number font. Originally, I wanted to base my striping pattern on the 1997-1999 Blue Jays uniforms (which share a remarkably similar color palette), but decided against a literal interpretation. Instead, I improved upon my UW-Green Bay concept by making the double striping a bit thicker. But in the end, I think the logos ended up being the star of this concept.

316DePaulHome.gif

316DePaulAway.gif

316DePaulAlternate.gif

C&C is appreciated, I know you're out there...

Next up: Marquette, Syracuse, Providence

QPR%20Sig.png

First - loved the Iowa State set. However, the "IS" monogram looks like a dollar sign. And isn't that what Idaho State uses on their football helmets? I always think of Iowa State using the "ISU" monogram. But I really like the de-emphasis of navy in favor of red and gold.

Which brings me to the DePaul set. I like this one for the same reason as I like the ISU set. You de-emphasized the trim color and relegated it to minimal use. In this case, it's the needless addition of black to a serviceable color palette. The home and road primaries look great, and I like the blue alt (colored jerseys seem to work better in college than they do in the pros). My only gripe is pairing a black cap with a royal jersey. I'm not sure when it became acceptable to put blacks and blues together, but IMO it's never looked right, and never will - I don't care what market research and sales data say. That aside, another great concept.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

First - loved the Iowa State set. However, the "IS" monogram looks like a dollar sign. And isn't that what Idaho State uses on their football helmets? I always think of Iowa State using the "ISU" monogram. But I really like the de-emphasis of navy in favor of red and gold.

Which brings me to the DePaul set. I like this one for the same reason as I like the ISU set. You de-emphasized the trim color and relegated it to minimal use. In this case, it's the needless addition of black to a serviceable color palette. The home and road primaries look great, and I like the blue alt (colored jerseys seem to work better in college than they do in the pros). My only gripe is pairing a black cap with a royal jersey. I'm not sure when it became acceptable to put blacks and blues together, but IMO it's never looked right, and never will - I don't care what market research and sales data say. That aside, another great concept.

Now that I look at the Iowa State cap logo, I'm not entirely happy with it, either. This may be my first revision, and what I may end up doing is replacing it with either the ISU from the sleeve patch or the cardinal head logo. It's damn near impossible to do a traditional-looking monogram with the letters I, S, and U (believe me, I've tried). And yes, the dollar sign thing did cross my mind :P

QPR%20Sig.png

love the DePaul concept, but tryt Demons on the blue alt and use the Demon head logo for the hat since they already sell that hat. The black colorado uni is almost exactly like the ones my high school used in 1996, except that ours had SE interlocked on the hat and the buffalo loge had SE instead of CU. I never thought Id see those again. Love them too.

93-94canucks.jpg

love the DePaul concept, but tryt Demons on the blue alt and use the Demon head logo for the hat since they already sell that hat. The black colorado uni is almost exactly like the ones my high school used in 1996, except that ours had SE interlocked on  the hat and the buffalo loge had SE instead of CU. I never thought Id see those again. Love them too.

Already did try a version of Blue Demons on the alternate jersey, but I didn't like it as much as what's been presented. And normally, I don't like shortening a team's nickname unless it's absolutely necessary (so ixnay on putting Demons on the jersey).

As for the hat logos, I love the streaking D because it's stylized, but not too busy. And the red trim really pops against the black background. I think the demon head logo would have been too busy for a cap logo, but perfect for a sleeve patch (which I did use). Thanks for the comments, though.

QPR%20Sig.png

Thanks for the comments, everyone. And buckeyes1, I won't be doing any more Big Ten teams because this thread is devoted to NCAA programs that don't currently sponsor varsity baseball (Wisconsin is the only such program in the conference, hence they get a concept).

And now, the second of the four Big East programs that don't sponsor baseball: the Syracuse Orange. For this concept, I didn't include a gray away uniform because it looked plopty with this color scheme and my treatment of the script, numbers and piping. Instead I did three jersey concepts with white pants: white (worn at home only), blue, and orange.

316SyracuseWhite.gif

316SyracuseBlue.gif

316SyracuseOrange.gif

You should know the drill by now.

Coming soon: Marquette, Providence, Iowa State revisions

QPR%20Sig.png

I won't be doing any more Big Ten teams because this thread is devoted to NCAA programs that don't currently sponsor varsity baseball (Wisconsin is the only such program in the conference, hence they get a concept).

sorry to steal your thunder Moser,but im working on a Big 10 project as i type,i hope to have posted no later than next week.BTW a got a list of a few more teams that don't sponsor baseball that's if you have the time of course.

Tennessee State

North Texas

Oregon

Tenn-Chattanoga

SMU

Boise State

Texas-El Paso

Denver

Boston Univ.

Hampton

Howard

Colorado St.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. And buckeyes1, I won't be doing any more Big Ten teams because this thread is devoted to NCAA programs that don't currently sponsor varsity baseball (Wisconsin is the only such program in the conference, hence they get a concept).

Oh yeah I forgot your doing schools that don't have a varsity baseball team. My bad.

You should do more schools though, I love the work your doing here.

cmpunksigcopy.gif

What about a blue with oragne bill alt hat for the orange jersey?

Also the SU on the sleeve.

I try not to use the same logo twice on a uniform whenever possible. Plus, I've done a sleeve patch for almost every single concept up to this point, so I thought it was time to try something different.

As for why I didn't do an alternate hat with an orange bill, simple definitely works better with Syracuse's hat logo. And since the two alternate jerseys are meant to be interchangable as road jerseys too, I thought it would be best to keep the same hat for both.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived