Moser316

NCAA Baseball Concepts

Thanks for the comments so far. And I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for all my concepts (yeah, I know, it's time to upgrade :P)

It's now onto the third of the Big East teams, a program that recently got rid of baseball a few years ago: the Providence College Friars. It's a shame the program didn't stay around long enough to take advantage of the new identity the school implemented in 2002, becaue I think it would have made for some nice baseball uniforms. This is the first of my concepts to use pinstripes (like the old uniforms did), and I decided to keep everything very simple (not a trace of piping or striping anywhere) because it really worked well with the simplicity of the color scheme.

316ProvidenceHome.gif

316ProvidenceAway.gif

316ProvidenceAlternate.gif

Keep the C&C coming...

Next: Marquette, Iowa State (revisions), Oregon

I am sure that many will disagree with me, but I like the use of the gray cap with the gray uniform. I liked it when a few MLB teams had the gray caps.

as always with all the concepts and such i have ever seen you do, they are absolutly awesome. and id love to get my hands on one of those Badgers jerseys

The University of Tulsa is another NCAA D-1 school that doesn't have a baseball program (dropped after the 1979 season). I would enjoy seeing your TU baseball concept - or I can post mine here!

The University of Tulsa is another NCAA D-1 school that doesn't have a baseball program (dropped after the 1979 season). I would enjoy seeing your TU baseball concept - or I can post mine here!

I've got a few ideas in the works for the Conference USA teams, they'll be released after I do Marquette, Oregon, Wyoming, and Colorado State.

As for your Tulsa concept, I've seen it and it's very good. If you want to link to that thread from this thread, go right ahead (but please don't post it here, I don't want people confusing our various works ;))

It's been a busy week, but I've finally found the time to whip up my next concept. And now I present the last of the Big East schools sans baseball: the Marquette Golden Eagles. I must say, the whole nickname flap over the summer of 2005 produced a nice identity for Marquette. You'll notice that there's no golden eagle logo on the sleeve, this is because the school has been de-emphasizing the old logo in favor of the new MU monograms (one variation is used on the cap, the other with the MARQUETTE banner is used as the sleeve patch).

316MarquetteHome.gif

316MarquetteAway.gif

316MarquetteAlternate.gif

C&C is always appreciated.

Coming next: Oregon (wait'll you see what I have in store for them ;)), Wyoming, Colorado State

It's been a busy week, but I've finally found the time to whip up my next concept. And now I present the last of the Big East schools sans baseball: the Marquette Golden Eagles. I must say, the whole nickname flap over the summer of 2005 produced a nice identity for Marquette. You'll notice that there's no golden eagle logo on the sleeve, this is because the school has been de-emphasizing the old logo in favor of the new MU monograms (one variation is used on the cap, the other with the MARQUETTE banner is used as the sleeve patch).

316MarquetteHome.gif

316MarquetteAway.gif

316MarquetteAlternate.gif

C&C is always appreciated.

Coming next: Oregon (wait'll you see what I have in store for them ;)), Wyoming, Colorado State

Great job on the Marquette uniforms. You are right that Marquette is de-emphasizing the old logo. It is hard to find the old logo any place in any of their athletic facilities.

Well, the wait for my Oregon concept is shorter than I orginially thought (my plans for last night fell through). Keeping in mind that Oregon is bascially Nike's flagship school (not to mention the testing ground for new design ideas -- good or bad), my main goal in designing this was: Would Phil Knight approve? I think he would approve, and I did my best to make the concept modern with a few traditional elements thrown in. I stopped just short of putting the diamond plate pattern from the football jerseys on the raglan sleeves, by the way :P

316OregonWhite.gif

316OregonYellow.gif

316OregonGreen.gif

C&C welcomed, as always.

Next up: Wyoming, Colorado State, Tulsa, SMU, UTEP. I'll be out of town until Sunday night, so I won't be working on the next concept until next week.

WOW is right,TASTEFULY done my friend.now if only the football can pull of something like this.

holy wowzer.....those oregon ones are off the chain!!!

Marquette easily earns it's spot as my favorite. I'm not absolutely sold on the yellow Oregon jersey though, other than that I like the Oregon set.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Since I had the day off and a solid idea for the next team brewing, I took some time to put together the first of two Mountain West team concepts: the University of Wyoming Cowboys. Yes, the color scheme is ugly. But surprisingly, it gave me a lot to work with as I took my precedents both from the San Diego Padres current uniforms and the drop-shadowed script/numbers from the football uniforms. I even made the away uniforms khaki, it worked better than gray with the brown trim.

316WyomingHome.gif

316WyomingAway.gif

316WyomingAlternate.gif

C&C is always welcomed and appreciated.

Coming next: Colorado State, Tulsa, SMU, UTEP

Thats really good for the colors of Wyoming! This is easily becoming my favorite topic in this whole thing!! Great job!! I can't wait tell the next one!

Dom Greco

I can't believe I haven't looked through these since the first set. I'm really liking these, so I'll go through each one.

Wisconsin - I love the 4th one...the script is great. I think that'd be great on all of them. Overall nice stuff here.

Colorado - lookin' good here as well. I'm not a big fan of the gold brims, but I don't like 2-tone hats in general. I like the idea of the buffalo logo for the alt.

Iowa St. - Not feeling the yellow brim on the hat. In general, when the primary colors are used together, it's tough to make them look right, but you've done a decent job.

Depaul - Other than the black hat, I like these a lot. Again, I don't like the red brim much, but overall these are great.

Syracuse - I've got no complaints here. Awesome.

Providence - Again, I don't have much to say other than nice stuff. I like the shield shoulder patch a lot. The gray hat is nice.

Marquette - I've got nothing, A+ work

Oregon - I love these. It's like a tasteful version of their football uniforms, which I'm a huge fan of.

Wyoming - They're kind of drab, which isn't your fault. They just don't have an exciting color set. I'm not suggesting they change colors, but there just isn't much happening here. Given the colors, you did do a good job.

Enough of the ugly color palette, it's now time for the next concept: the Colorado State Rams. These uniforms are loosely based on what the club baseball team currently wears, only with a few fundamental changes: 1) the script is different, 2) the crowns of the hats are green instead of white, and 3) the home and away jerseys are sleeveless vests. All in all, I think the changes turned out well.

316ColoradoStateHome.gif

316ColoradoStateAway.gif

316ColoradoStateAlternate.gif

C&C is welcomed and appreciated.

Coming next: Tulsa, SMU, UTEP, Utah State, Boise State, Idaho

Great job on the latest uniforms.

I love the detail of using the company logo of what the main sports teams wears.