NCAA Baseball Concepts

Moser316

Hate to double-post, but the next concept is ready. This one is for a team that just got a new identity this past year: the North Texas Mean Green. For this concept, I re-visited the tri-color piping originally used for the Tulsa concept. It seems to work much better with green and black than it did for blue and gold, I think it may have something to do with a stronger contrast. Because of the trim on the wordmarks and logos, it only seemed fitting.

316NorthTexasHome.gif

316NorthTexasAway.gif

316NorthTexasAlternate.gif

C&C welcomed.

Coming next: Drake, American, Colgate, Boston University, New Hampshire

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This set for North Texas is nice. I really like the green alt. jersey you got there.

I can't wait to see what you have for Drake considering that I am no more then an hour and a half from Des Moines.

Also, for American: They have two logos. The Eagle's head and the interlocking AU (The interlocking AU isn't on the sportslogos site, I believe).

This set for North Texas is nice. I really like the green alt. jersey you got there.

I can't wait to see what you have for Drake considering that I am no more then an hour and a half from Des Moines.

Also, for American: They have two logos. The Eagle's head and the interlocking AU (The interlocking AU isn't on the sportslogos site, I believe).

Not to give anything away, but the only thing I'm certain of doing for American is apeing the script wordmark from the Rochester Americans shield logo (only taking the "s" out of the end).

QPR%20Sig.png

Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming.

This next school has the only Missouri Valley Conference program not to sponsor baseball. Ballplayers may be lurking in Iowa cornfields, but they certainly aren't anywhere to be found on the campus of Drake University, home of the Bulldogs. For this concept, I brought back something that's been vanishing from uniforms lately: striping. When done right, I think thicker striping can look quite good on a baseball uniform, and it seemed to lend itself well to Drake's recent identity change.

316DrakeHome.gif

316DrakeAway.gif

316DrakeAlternate.gif

You all should know the drill by now.

Coming next: American, Colgate, Boston University, New Hampshire, Drexel

QPR%20Sig.png

Catching up...

BOISE STATE: Love it (like all the others in this thread). Normally, I hate non-gray road uniforms, but for some reason I'd actually be shocked to see BSU wearing anything but blue on the road. Guess it's the turf. My only question is whether the "B" monogram is enough for the caps. If the answer is no, though, I suppose you'd have to go "BSU", because "BS" hats would be hard to wear with pride (although ironically, "BS" sales would be HUGE - look what cheeky nicknames do for sales of South Carolina and Oregon State gear, and when I asked my cousin to get me a Fordham hat, I made sure it was one with a big "FU" on the front).

IDAHO: Can't think of a way to make these better.

NORTH TEXAS: Can't think of a way to make these better. (Damn you and your talent... :P )

DENVER: Another great set. My only gripe comes with how the wordmark overlays the piping. Maybe it's because of the letters involved, but the way the piping runs through the middle of the "N" and "V" causes the letters to get lost in the background. Not so much that it can't be read, but enough that the letters no longer pop off the jersey.

DRAKE: Again, not much to offer here. The cap monogram is a little bland, but it does match the wordmark. Not sure how you could make the cap better without losing the wordmark, so I guess it works well enough.

Keep 'em coming, these are really superb. :notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Hate to double-post, but the next concept is ready. This one is for a team that just got a new identity this past year: the North Texas Mean Green. For this concept, I re-visited the tri-color piping originally used for the Tulsa concept. It seems to work much better with green and black than it did for blue and gold, I think it may have something to do with a stronger contrast. Because of the trim on the wordmarks and logos, it only seemed fitting.

316NorthTexasHome.gif

316NorthTexasAway.gif

316NorthTexasAlternate.gif

C&C welcomed.

Coming next: Drake, American, Colgate, Boston University, New Hampshire

On a side note, when I made my UNT concept I almost used the two line wordmarks. I didn't know if they would look right, so I just went with the one-line set. But, I see that it actually turned out alright. Great job.

This next concept is for the first of two Patriot League schools that don't sponsor baseball: the American University Eagles. Talk about a team in serious need of an identity overhaul! I really didn't have too much to work with for this concept, so I decided to go simple. The only two logos I had to work with were the AU monogram (which became the cap logo) and the eagle's head (which was used on the alternate only). You minor league hockey fans may recognize the basis for the wordmark from the AHL's Rochester Americans logo, now the grand tradition of apeing a pro team's wordmark goes cross-sport.

316AmericanHome.gif

316AmericanAway.gif

316AmericanAlternate.gif

C&C appreciated.

Coming next: Colgate, Boston University, New Hampshire, Drexel, Loyola (MD)

QPR%20Sig.png

The Amerks' wordmark looks great. Other than not being a fan of the blue lettering/numbering on a blue jersey, it's another great set. If it were mine, I'd go with white wordmark/numbering on the blue alt jersey - make them stand out more, look a little classier IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Amerks' wordmark looks great. Other than not being a fan of the blue lettering/numbering on a blue jersey, it's another great set. If it were mine, I'd go with white wordmark/numbering on the blue alt jersey - make them stand out more, look a little classier IMO.

Tried it already, but for some reason it just didn't pop the way this version did. Plus, it kinda has the same effect as the old Padres alternates (pre-2003).

QPR%20Sig.png

These are really fantastic.

One suggestion: For Wyoming, why not try Old West lettering? They almost look that way with the shadow on the block letters, but I'll bet you could go even further and make Wyoming look Cowboyish.

Catching up again!

Drake- Loving the hat logo, its sweet, script is my favorite used~

American- How bout' a red jersey? but over all its a good concept!

Thanks for the temp. Moser!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Thanks for the C&C, keep 'em coming.

The name of this next school makes me want to brush my teeth for some reason. Of course, I'm talking about the Raiders of Colgate University. Like my American concept, simple was the operative word for this concept. I took most of my inspiration for Colgate's concept from their hockey uniforms, which feature the wordmark shown in this concept.

316ColgateHome.gif

316ColgateAway.gif

316ColgateAlternate.gif

As always, C&C is appreciated.

Coming next: Boston University, New Hampshire, Drexel, Loyola (MD)

QPR%20Sig.png

Great job! I love the hat logo, its simple and shows what is Colgate!! Love the grey and red jerseys, they look awesome! But sorry i'm not feeling the pant stripes on the Home jersey. Maybe just two red stripes?? Can't wait to see yellow and blue of Drexel Dragons

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived