NCAA Baseball Concepts

Moser316

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to request a UConn & a Cornell one please :grin: so i can set these sweet concepts as my sig :D

1) I don't take requests, sorry.

2) UConn and Cornell already have baseball programs, which defeats the purpose of this project.

QPR%20Sig.png

Well, the Brewers game was a disappointment, but that doesn't mean I don't have more NCAA baseball goodness to share. This is the first of two America East conference programs without baseball: the Boston University Terriers. There's only one team I could base the Terriers uniforms off of, and that of course is the Red Sox. Kinda fitting since BU baseball called the Huntington Avenue Grounds home for a few years after the Sox moved to Fenway Park (not to mention Nickerson Field using the right field pavilion from Braves Field as the main grandstand). The only differences between BU's version and the Red Sox uniforms are the color scheme (red is the dominant color here), the hat logo, and the streamlining of the piping (they're all based off of the Sox's home uniforms).

316BostonUniversityHome.gif

316BostonUniversityAway.gif

316BostonUniversityAlternate.gif

C&C, bitches.

Coming next: New Hampshire, Drexel, Loyola (MD), IUPUI, Missouri-Kansas City

QPR%20Sig.png

Well even though I hate the red sox I do like their uni's. I do really like these a lot though the only thing I would like to see would be maybe "Terriers" on the front of the home whites in the same boston font. Nice work again

I thought about doing that, but I've never seen Boston University use the nickname on any of their uniforms. I also toyed with the idea of using a variation of the wordmark from the hockey uniforms, but this looks more baseball-ish to me.

QPR%20Sig.png

This next concept is for the first of two Patriot League schools that don't sponsor baseball: the American University Eagles. Talk about a team in serious need of an identity overhaul! I really didn't have too much to work with for this concept, so I decided to go simple. The only two logos I had to work with were the AU monogram (which became the cap logo) and the eagle's head (which was used on the alternate only). You minor league hockey fans may recognize the basis for the wordmark from the AHL's Rochester Americans logo, now the grand tradition of apeing a pro team's wordmark goes cross-sport.

316AmericanHome.gif

316AmericanAway.gif

316AmericanAlternate.gif

C&C appreciated.

Coming next: Colgate, Boston University, New Hampshire, Drexel, Loyola (MD)

switch the alt to blue or make the writing across the chest red, and you got a winner

SigReflect.png

Thanks for the comments, everyone. And regarding the last comment on American, most of their dark uniforms are blue, and it would have been impossible to do a drop shadow on a blue background with red text.

And now to finish off the America East teams, I present the University of New Hampshire Wildcats. UNH recently got an identity overhaul, but it's clear that it came after they dropped baseball, because it's not one that lends itself well to the sport. I think I did the best I could given the logos they had, and the font they used as the basis for their wordmarks (Crillee) worked very well with the Blue Jays number font.

316NewHampshireHome.gif

316NewHampshireAway.gif

316NewHampshireAlternate.gif

C&C appreciated.

Coming next: Drexel, Loyola (MD), IUPUI, Missouri-Kansas City

QPR%20Sig.png

Thanks for the comments.

It's time to go down the coast to Philadelphia, to a program that just dropped baseball three years ago. They're the only school in the Colonial Athletic Association not to sponsor the sport: the Dragons of Drexel University. Their recent identity change has a real medieval quality to it, and the MLB font that most closely replicated what Drexel uses would be the Angels, which is where I drew the inspiration for this concept. I did make a slight departure from what Drexel does for its teams by including red in the trim scheme (it's in the logos, and it works well with navy and gold), but I think it turned out very good.

316DrexelHome.gif

316DrexelAway.gif

316DrexelAlternate.gif

C&C, you know you want to.

Coming next: Loyola (MD), IUPUI, Missouri-Kansas City, Hampton, Howard

QPR%20Sig.png

That Drexel uni is superb. The Wyo, SMU, UTEP and Tulsa concepts are terrific.

I'd like to see the North Texas unis without their word mark, I'm betting you'd come up with a better script.

Good job.

FsQiF2W.png

DREXEL: Yeah man! This is exactly what I could see them in. I like the addition of red to the navy alt, but it comes off as very prominent in the home and road primary sets, maybe too much so, where they look more like Tulsa uniforms than Drexel's. IIRC, red was only added when they changed to the new logo with the fire-breathing dragon. That it only appears there would seem to justify DU using it very sparingly as an occasional color to complement the gold and navy. But it comes out great in the alt, which would be fairly monotonous were it not there.

My favorite part may be the cap monogram. The "DU" monogram Drexel designed is atrocious - the "D" and "U" are side-by-side and skewed dramatically into each other. It looks comically overdone. Your "DU" is what they should be using on their merchandise, it is a million times better and looks more dignified.

Really good stuff.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As always, thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming.

Travelling further down the coast, we come to the only MAAC school without baseball: the Loyola College Greyhounds. There are four Loyolas in the country, and only two of them have baseball: Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles and Loyola University in New Orleans (at the NAIA level). Those of you that have been following this project remember my concept for Loyola University in Chicago. This concept is for the Loyola in Baltimore, Maryland. The Greyhounds recently went through an identity overhaul, and this one worked surprisingly well for baseball. Their colors used to be green and silver, but the green was reworked into more of a jade color (think current Mighty Ducks identity). This concept turned out being very similar to my North Texas concept with elements of the Providence concept (gray hat, after all, they are the Greyhounds) thrown in for good measure.

316LoyolaMarylandHome.gif

316LoyolaMarylandAway.gif

316LoyolaMarylandAlternate.gif

C&C, praise, money, whatever.

Coming next: IUPUI, Missouri-Kansas City, Hampton, Howard, Morgan State, South Carolina State

QPR%20Sig.png

I like this concept for the Greyhounds, Moser. I really like the alternate jersey with the jade green on it. It does help considering that Manhattan also uses green for one of their colors.

Recap- Been Busy

Boston U- Keeping the Boston Faithful proud! Totally Perfect!

UNH- Like the pinstripes, always has been a fav, love the bear paw seleve patch

Drexel- Really a disapointment, sorry. I would like to see a better hat logo, or an A's yellow jersey. But it ok!

Loyola- Love it favorite out of the last 4, love the gray hat!!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Love the Loyola concept except for the sleeve logo on the alt. I have never been a fan of that logo, but that's just me.

Hmmm, I love that alternate sleeve patch more than the L with the greyhound as a sleeve patch, but I guess that just comes down to personal taste.

Moving on, I'd like to present the first of two Mid-Continent team concepts: the Jaguars of Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis (or IUPUI). Since the school is run jointly by Indiana and Purdue, their color scheme combines what both schools have to offer (crimson and white from Indiana, black and gold from Purdue). All in all, it makes for a very nice identity that worked well for baseball. I had two sources of inspiration for this one: the basketball uniforms (they use Demonized as their main font) and the striping template from the old Montreal Expos away uniforms. It was damn near impossible to do a monogrammed cap logo for a school that uses five initials, so I decided to use the jaguar head. I think it worked equally as well.

316IUPUIHome.gif

316IUPUIAway.gif

316IUPUIAlternate.gif

C&C appreciated.

Coming next: Missouri-Kansas City, Hampton, Howard, Morgan State, South Carolina State

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived