Moser316

NCAA Baseball Concepts

I think its time you gave Kentucky and Notre Dame some love.

Seeing as you're new to this project, I'll explain this once again: This project is about colleges that don't have baseball programs. Doing Kentucky and Notre Dame would defeat the purpose of said project, seeing as they already have varsity baseball programs.

these are totally insane! i love all of them. can you tell me what template you are using? (pm please)

Loving the Morgan State Bears, those are my favorite of the last few, but on the down side I really sorry to say but that Bulldgos concept has to be your worst yet!

DoM

I really sorry to say but that Bulldgos concept has to be your worst yet!

DoM

I dont like the SC State logo, but the rest of that set is spectacular!

I really sorry to say but that Bulldgos concept has to be your worst yet!

DoM

I dont like the SC State logo, but the rest of that set is spectacular!

I second BigShoop's quote!

I'll be real, Morgan State's set should be a lot better. you could just have the M by itself on the hat, for starters. the STATE just makes it look more cluttered than it should be.

adding to that, I figure you could have used their bear head as the cap logo, or as the chest logo of the alt or home. or at least a sleeve patch. Morgan State's package gives you a lot to work with IMO, and using a little more of that pie would have improved upon this set greatly.

These all look real nice. I wish Washington had a D-I school that didn't have baseball. I don't really like UW's current baseball uniforms. The purple and gold don't translate that well to baseball.

I wasn't aware that the bigger schools like Wisconsin, Oregon and Colorado didn't have teams, but of course the weather in February and March doesn't really allow for baseball in the snowy locales of WI and CO.

The only real criticism I had was the bill of the hats for SC State. For whatever reason I just don't like that shade of blue for a bill. Other than that, awesome and I look forward to seeing the rest.

In response to the critiques on Morgan State and South Carolina State:

For Morgan State, the set will probably stay as is, seeing as the colors used in the bear logo are secondary and usually not seen in their uniforms. However, I am open to the idea of changing the cap logo. I just don't see anything else changing for them. Same thing for South Carolina State, there's just not much for me to work with for them, but I think a change in cap logo would go a long way in improving the concept. After I'm done with the first go-around of the project, I do plan on making a few revisions here and there.

Enough with the past, it's time to move ahead with the concepts. This is the first of two Northeast Conference schools in this project: the Colonials of Robert Morris University. The word "boring" comes to mind when looking at RMU's logo. "Boring" can morph into "simple" if done right, and I kept this concept as simple as possible. The font used for the wordmarks and numbers comes from the Milwaukee Brewers, it seemed to be a natural fit with the identity. One departure from what RMU's teams actually use on their uniforms is the nickname "COLONIALS" instead of the school name, I tried both and think the nickname looks better.

316RobertMorrisHome.gif

316RobertMorrisAway.gif

316RobertMorrisAlternate.gif

C&C appreciated.

Coming next: St. Francis (PA), Tennessee State, UT-Chattanooga

Damn, you guys were that bored by Robert Morris that it didn't get any comments?

This next concept may not win much in the way of style points, either, but the Northeast Conference teams seem to lend themselves well to simple concepts. This one is for the Red Flash of St. Francis University in Loretto, PA (not to be confused with St. Francis College in New York City, a school that sponsors baseball). In this concept, I quieted the piping down a bit and let the script wordmark (my favorite part of their identity) take the starring role. The lightning bolt logo worked very well as a sleeve patch, and an interlocking "SF" becomes the cap logo.

316StFrancisPAHome.gif

316StFrancisPAAway.gif

316StFrancisPAAlternate.gif

C&C is appreciated. Even if you don't like the concepts, tell me what you don't like about it and I'll keep it in mind for revisions. Please curtail any and all excitement over bashing one of my concepts, though (you know who you are).

Coming next: Tennessee State, UT-Chattanooga, the Big Sky Conference

I think you did well with Robert Morris and St. Francis (PA).

With the Red Flash, you did the right thing by letting the script be the focal point of the uniform. I also dig the cap logo. I was afraid you'd pull a 49ers rip-off for the cap.

The RMU, uniform set sorry to say is tottaly basic, and i gotta say i dont really like it. For the Red Flash, it was a huge success. The wordwork was awesome great job!

Dom

I really like the simple look you gave RMU but on the alt., the sleeve logo dosen't "pop" out as well, maybe an outline could do it.

As for St. Francis there isn't anything I can really pick at, great job!

St. Francis is an excellent job, but may I make the suggestion that on a couple of these you use the actual university name on the away jerseys? (i.e. "Red Flash" on home, "St. Francis" on away).

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

The NCAA Baseball project rolls on to Tennessee for a double-dip of Volunteer State teams. The first one comes from the Ohio Valley Conference: the Tennessee State University Tigers. This is a school whose color scheme is listed as blue and white, but you often also see red trim used for their athletic teams. With this in mind, I used a template similar to the one I used for Howard: script logo and double piping on the sleeves and collar, only this time the colors are reversed to make the blue and red pop a bit more. Also, red takes a less prominent role in this concept than it did for Howard.

316TennesseeStateHome.gif

316TennesseeStateAway.gif

316TennesseeStateAlternate.gif

C&C appreciated.

Coming next: UT-Chattanooga, the Big Sky Conference (7 teams total)

Awesome, Tennessee State may be your best yet Moser! Maybe a red bill to the home set? Great job.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

The NCAA Baseball project rolls on to Tennessee for a double-dip of Volunteer State teams. The first one comes from the Ohio Valley Conference: the Tennessee State University Tigers. This is a school whose color scheme is listed as blue and white, but you often also see red trim used for their athletic teams. With this in mind, I used a template similar to the one I used for Howard: script logo and double piping on the sleeves and collar, only this time the colors are reversed to make the blue and red pop a bit more. Also, red takes a less prominent role in this concept than it did for Howard.

316TennesseeStateHome.gif

316TennesseeStateAway.gif

316TennesseeStateAlternate.gif

C&C appreciated.

Coming next: UT-Chattanooga, the Big Sky Conference (7 teams total)

Gotta chime in on this one,i love what you did w/ the wordmarks on the jerseys,but the caps can use some improvements like try something w/ an interlocking T and S and may the U and see how that turns out, on a scale from 1-10 i give it an 8. and while im at where did you get the jersey wordmark for the St Francis concept?

And w/ that said,this is post #600 for me.

(bow)

Gotta chime in on this one,i love what you did w/ the wordmarks on the jerseys,but the caps can use some improvements like try something w/ an interlocking T and S and may the U and see how that turns out, on a scale from 1-10 i give it an 8. and while im at where did you get the jersey wordmark for the St Francis concept?

(bow)

I tried an interlocking "TSU" logo, but it didn't quite work for the same reason that the Iowa State interlocking "ISU" didn't work: because of the shapes of the three letters, it was darn near impossible to get something that truly interlocked on all three letters. As for the wordmark for St. Francis, I hand-traced it from their "Red Flash" logo.

I'm a little behind the times on this (since you have moved on), but I think the Robert Morris concept would look better with an interlocking RM or RMU on the cap. Horizontally aligned letters don't generally work well as a cap logo, IMHO (though the custom/adjoined TSU works on the Tennessee State cap).

Otherwise, I have nothing but good things to say about everything. This whole project has been very impressive.

You should seriously submit these designs. If I was an athletic director of any of these schools, these jersey designs are so amazing that I would create a baseball team. Nice work man.

(bow)

I tried an interlocking "TSU" logo, but it didn't quite work for the same reason that the Iowa State interlocking "ISU" didn't work: because of the shapes of the three letters, it was darn near impossible to get something that truly interlocked on all three.

how about this Moser.A Minnesota Twins type cap w/ a red T and white S seen here.Hope this helps some.

tsu.jpg